Shoutbox

Contacts destroyed !!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Contacts destroyed !!!! (/showthread.php?tid=65936)

Contacts destroyed !!!! by gretoo on 09-07-2006 at 02:10 PM

I have installed MsgPlusLive.net and all my contacts have been destroyed.

I didn't have time to use MsgPlusLive.net I just install it.

Uninstalling it don't retrieve the contacts destroyed.

It a very big and annoying bug that must be fixed

RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Felu on 09-07-2006 at 02:21 PM

Try using Noroom's List Manager. It can help you to gain back the only if the contacts are in the allow list which most probably would be  [Image: xso_cheesy.gif].

RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Chris4 on 09-07-2006 at 03:18 PM

It might just be temporary, you might see your contacts back soon.

Allowed Contacts

But if you don't, you can go to Tools > Options > Privacy and all your allowed contacts are on that list.

Message History

Also, you can go to C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Received Files\User ID\History and your Messenger chat logs should be stored with contacts you've spoke to in the past, so you can re-add them.

Note: User is your Windows User Account name, and your User ID is the code for your e-mail address.

RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Felu on 09-07-2006 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4

[/u][u]Message History[u][/u]

Also, you can go to C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Received Files\User ID\History and your Messenger chat logs should be stored with contacts you've spoke to in the past, so you can re-add them.

Note: User is your Windows User Account name, and your User ID is the code for your e-mail address.
Umm... Not everyone has Chat Logs by WLM [Image: xso_rolleyes.gif] and they could be stored at a different place too [Image: xso_undecided.gif].
RE: RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Chris4 on 09-07-2006 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:

[/u][u]Message History[u][/u]

Umm... Not everyone has Chat Logs by WLM [Image: xso_rolleyes.gif] and they could be stored at a different place too [Image: xso_undecided.gif].

Well most people do has message history and that's where they are saved unless the person changed the location they are saved, which I doubt, and if they have changed it, I'm sure they know where they are saved.

You can check to see where they are saved by going to Tools > Options > Messages
RE: RE: RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Felu on 09-07-2006 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Well most people do has message history and that's where they are saved unless the person changed the location they are saved, which I doubt, and if they have changed it, I'm sure they know where they are saved.

You can check to see where they are saved by going to Tools > Options > Messages

[Image: attachment.php?pid=725976]

:rolleyes:

I have disabled it, and most people too disable it(maybe).
RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Patchou on 09-07-2006 at 03:53 PM

Note : that problem cannot come from Messenger Plus! itself, my guess is that you downloaded some kind of virus.

RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Chris4 on 09-07-2006 at 03:54 PM

I'm pretty sure it's ticked by default. I keep it ticked incase something like this happens.

But, if he didn't have it ticked, he can go to allowed contacts, as I said, and/or use the program you said.

RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Felu on 09-07-2006 at 03:56 PM

quote:
I'm pretty sure it's ticked by default. I keep it ticked incase something like this happens.
It never is ticked by default till your very first conversation on the computer starts and it asks whether to save Message History or not.
RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by haydos on 09-07-2006 at 06:42 PM

Chris4 and felu, while you argue among yourselves... I think Patchou is right. This thread looks similarly like the virus which deletes a person's contact list. If you read the first post carefully it says "I didn't have time to use MsgPlusLive.net I just install it." meaning it was downloaded from another source.

gretoo: It looks like you've downloaded a virus, unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. You may want to see this thread for some more information.

RE: RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Vexor on 09-10-2006 at 11:21 PM

quote:

But, if he didn't have it ticked, he can go to allowed contacts, as I said, and/or use the program you said.

Mine is disabled, you know how annoying that thing can get after a while?

but i dont recall it being enabled on install, im pretty sure you have to turn it on..
RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by cloudhunter on 09-10-2006 at 11:32 PM

It could also be something in the messenger servers. There are similar threads out there about switching to WLM and the contacts disappearing due to a "Network Error". With any luck it isn't permanant. Go to a web messenger and try to log in there :)

Cloudy

RE: Contacts destroyed !!!! by Dragunov on 09-14-2006 at 08:37 PM

Well I always make a backup of my contactpersons :)