Shoutbox

How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) (/showthread.php?tid=65951)

How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by prashker on 09-07-2006 at 08:44 PM

Gym teacher told us to look on the internet....

anyone know?

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by Val on 09-07-2006 at 08:56 PM

Well what you could do is check your pulse and see how many times you feel a "beat" or "pump" in a minute and that should tell you your heart's BPM.

How to check your pulse
How to see if your pulse is normal

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by wolfeboy100 on 09-07-2006 at 08:57 PM

you feel for your pulse on the side of your neck? thats what my gym teacher told me to do

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by qgroessl on 09-07-2006 at 08:57 PM

easiest way is to find your pulse... look at a clock and count how many times it pulses in 10 seconds.... then multiply by six...

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by prashker on 09-07-2006 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
easiest way is to find your pulse... look at a clock and count how many times it pulses in 10 seconds.... then multiply by six...

And thats what I needed ;-)

Thanks <333
RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by qgroessl on 09-07-2006 at 09:08 PM

No problem ;)... it also works if you count the beats up to six seconds and multiply by 10 :p...

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by Voldemort on 09-07-2006 at 09:11 PM

it works better when you do 15 seconds x 4

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by *Saint* on 09-07-2006 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI

My teacher said 15 seconds and times by 4 :P but I think both are correct, probably just a difference in their methods.

Pur your first two fingers on your wrist on the big vein in your neck and count from there.

I think 6 seconds it too short to get an 'accurate' count
RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by prashker on 09-07-2006 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
quote:
Originally posted by UTI

My teacher said 15 seconds and times by 4:P

Pur your first two fingers on your wrist on the big vein in your neck and count from there.

I think 6 seconds it too short to get an 'accurate' count

hmm

then I will tell my teacher 15seconds (counting the beats) and then <the amount of beats> x 4 :)

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by Curtis on 09-08-2006 at 03:55 AM

My pulse is too high.  Like, 12x bpm.

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by ddunk on 09-08-2006 at 04:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
My pulse is too high.  Like, 12x bpm.
12x? 12 times normal? I'm pretty sure you'd be dead if you had a pulse of ~960.
RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by Curtis on 09-08-2006 at 04:10 AM

No, x is a variable.

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by Underlord on 09-08-2006 at 04:12 AM

Domain: [10,65/6)
:D

RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by ddunk on 09-08-2006 at 04:13 AM

quote:
No, x is a variable.
[Image: O+Rly.jpg]
I thought it was a chicken.
RE: RE: How do you find out your hearts BPM? (Beats per minute) by Curtis on 09-08-2006 at 04:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
quote:
No, x is a variable.
I thought it was a chicken.

Well then you're stupid.