Shoutbox

Religious Music - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Religious Music (/showthread.php?tid=65987)

Religious Music by J.J on 09-09-2006 at 02:51 AM

As apart of a religious assignment that i need to do, I need to research and write an essay on different types of religious music for Islam, Judaism and Christianity.

I thought I would come and ask here for some advice on what would the be better type of music to look into for each religion, as i know the people from this forum come from many places in the world and have different beliefs.

Im probably looking for about 3 songs for each religion that vary in tune and meaning so it would be easier to explain the differences between them.

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

RE: Religious Music by ddunk on 09-09-2006 at 02:53 AM

Are we talking like Gregorian chant type music or recent stuff?

RE: Religious Music by J.J on 09-09-2006 at 03:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ddunk
Are we talking like Gregorian chant type music or recent stuff?

Probably the more traditional music. That would be good :grin:
RE: Religious Music by *Saint* on 09-09-2006 at 03:28 AM

Nearer my God to Thee would be one form Christianity

http://rapidshare.de/files/32454859/14_Nearer_My_God_To_Thee.mp3

Amazing Grace would be another good one.

Finally God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen

RE: Religious Music by J.J on 09-09-2006 at 03:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
Nearer my God to Thee would be one form Christianity

http://rapidshare.de/files/32454859/14_Nearer_My_God_To_Thee.mp3

Amazing Grace would be another good one.

Finally God Rest ye Merry Gentlemen

Thankyou very much :D
RE: Religious Music by DJeX on 09-09-2006 at 05:06 AM

I was going to post some Christian techno/dance music lol but you want traditional. :P

RE: Religious Music by aNILEator on 09-09-2006 at 08:12 AM

post christian techno dance music anyway :P

OUR GOD *uhn tiss* IS AN AWESOME GOD *uhn Tiss* HE REIGNS FROM HEAVEN ABOVE *tis tis tiss uhn*

RE: Religious Music by Tasha on 09-20-2006 at 03:40 PM

Hymns... Well, that's all I can think of for Christian Music. This page may be useful to you. :happy:

RE: Religious Music by Plik on 09-20-2006 at 03:52 PM

Do they want music with a religious theme, or music that is part of that religion? And where do you draw the line?
That would make a good argueing point for your next lesson (because everyone enjoys argueing with their R.E teacher :P)

RE: Religious Music by J.J on 09-20-2006 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
Do they want music with a religious theme, or music that is part of that religion?

Could be both, or one or the other...depends what i wanna go with. I'm sure it won't matter.

quote:
And where do you draw the line?

Well, im looking to find 3 different varieties...im looking for traditional religious music...so God songs for instance that people sing in church...or classic songs like mentioned earlier by Saint, Amazing Grace is a good example

quote:
(because everyone enjoys argueing with their R.E teacher :P)

I love arguing with mine cos hes an ass :)

(mind you, im not a rebel, nowhere near, but he gives me reason to rebel :dodgy:)

RE: RE: Religious Music by Salem on 09-20-2006 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J.J
quote:
Do they want music with a religious theme, or music that is part of that religion?

Could be both, or one or the other...depends what i wanna go with. I'm sure it won't matter.

quote:
And where do you draw the line?

Well, im looking to find 3 different varieties...im looking for traditional religious music...so God songs for instance that people sing in church...or classic songs like mentioned earlier by Saint, Amazing Grace is a good example

Well...i've got a variety of religious music on my system, from the traditional hym type stuff. to more contemporary. Add me to ur Messenger and i can send u some. (i cant remember if my addy is in profile, if not PM me)

~Salem(@)