Shoutbox

Mouse - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Mouse (/showthread.php?tid=66014)

Mouse by Chris4 on 09-09-2006 at 09:21 PM

For some reason, when I use the mouse, the cursor randomly just flies across the screen (doesn't go where I want it to).

It's probely because it's a laser. I've tried two mice - both laser - one wireless. The wireless one is crazy, flies across the screen like a mad man; Tried pressing the 'Connect' button a million times, but don't do anything.

So I tried one with a wire, it's not as bad but still does it.

I was wondering if this happens to anyone else? :huh:

RE: Mouse by user27089 on 09-09-2006 at 10:23 PM

First of all, go to the Control Panel, then to the mouse options and press the "Pointer Options" tab. Now make sure "snap to" is turned off. If that's turned off then it's an issue with your mouse. The problem with infra-red mice is that it needs a clean, plain surface for it to work properly.

You should get a real laser mouse, one that instead of using infra-red, it actually uses laser. For instance, Logitech mice.

RE: Mouse by Chris4 on 09-09-2006 at 11:11 PM

Yeah.. probely need a new mouse :tongue:

RE: Mouse by user27089 on 09-09-2006 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Yeah.. probely need a new mouse :tongue:

Make sure you get a good one, it's worth it, it'll last out any of the cheap mice that you can buy and it'll be better to use.
RE: Mouse by Kenji on 09-09-2006 at 11:18 PM

You should get a Microsoft one, its been through throwing against the wall to falling in gravy :cheesy: (dont ask)

edit: it still works chris ¬¬

RE: Mouse by lrac522 on 09-10-2006 at 03:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
The wireless one is crazy, flies across the screen like a mad man;
:lol: