Shoutbox

How do you get the most out of a history lesson? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? (/showthread.php?tid=66044)

How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by ForestPlus! on 09-10-2006 at 12:56 PM

Ok, let me start by saying.. history sux. (expecially with my teacher)
So, can anyone give me advice on how to just.. keep it alive.
we cant plot things in groups (we sit boy girl. no girls wil talk to me :P)
so, anyway of making history fun?

Thankys!

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by Chris4 on 09-10-2006 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ForestPlus!
Not possible :refuck:
RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by markee on 09-10-2006 at 01:21 PM

Our ancient history class had a thing going where they would count how many words the teacher wrote on the board compared to the minutes spent by one of the students sleeping in the class.  I think at the end of the year the student won by a couple of hours or something like that.

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by Felu on 09-10-2006 at 01:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:
Not possible [Image: refuck.gif]
Agreed. History is boring [Image: xso_sad.gif].
RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by NanaFreak on 09-10-2006 at 01:24 PM

quote:
anyway of making history fun?
ummmm let me think..........

* NanaFreak thinks

dont go to history class maybe :cheesy:
RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by vaccination on 09-10-2006 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Our ancient history class had a thing going where they would count how many words the teacher wrote on the board compared to the minutes spent by one of the students sleeping in the class.  I think at the end of the year the student won by a couple of hours or something like that.

lol, that is quite cool, i will have to try and set that up for one of my clases. :P
RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by Kenji on 09-10-2006 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Originally posted by markee

lol, that is quite cool, i will have to try and set that up for one of my clases. :P
If i tried to do that at my school id probly be beaten up by the chavs :sad:
RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by rix on 09-10-2006 at 01:50 PM

quote:
. no girls wil talk to me :P

Work on it. That's the key. Not only now, but the rest of your life also. :)
RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by Supersonicdarky on 09-10-2006 at 02:01 PM

bring some music with and listen during class? thats what i do

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by Kenji on 09-10-2006 at 02:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky

lol, i did that before, our history teacher is a stressy moo, she took my iPod off me and kept it for a week :sad:
RE: RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by Supersonicdarky on 09-10-2006 at 02:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky

lol, i did that before, our history teacher is a stressy moo, she took my iPod off me and kept it for a week :sad:

well we are allowed listening to whatever we want during any lesson so... :refuck:
RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by absorbation on 09-10-2006 at 03:01 PM

I like History, I have a good teacher and I learn a lot. But fuck learning it as an A level, I don't want a nervous breakdown :P

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by LoochTheMan on 09-10-2006 at 08:42 PM

Bring extra pens and throw them at friends or unsuspecting classmates, usually consumes some time.

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by DarkMe on 09-10-2006 at 08:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan
Bring extra pens and throw them at friends or unsuspecting classmates, usually consumes some time.
I tried it, the only thing i got was a visit to the principal
RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by Jimcando on 09-10-2006 at 08:48 PM

Sit next to a hot girl.
That helped me 8-)

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by ayjay on 09-10-2006 at 08:55 PM

You could try (this is a crazy suggestion) listening and learning?

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by minipatchou on 09-10-2006 at 08:57 PM

stay up all night and go to school and try to fall asleep in history

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by qgroessl on 09-10-2006 at 09:18 PM

Watch videos on what your studying....

[offtopic] Some lady from Florida wanting to become a teacher... and failed a test 4 times called my history teacher (I live in Wisconsin) and asked for some advice on passing.... haha... She got his name and number off the internet and suprised him :p[/offtopic]

RE: How do you get the most out of a history lesson? by vaccination on 09-10-2006 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LoochTheMan

Rubber is better, pick bits off and throw that around. Tis a little more discrete aswell.

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
You could try (this is a crazy suggestion) listening and learning?

Would be my best suggestion.