Shoutbox

My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics (/showthread.php?tid=66045)

My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Sunshine on 09-10-2006 at 01:39 PM

Since this week i have a new mobile phone, a Sony Ericsson K800i.

Today i took my very first pictures with it:

[Image: Lavender.JPG]
All settings on automatic, no zoom.
[Image: Spider.JPG] [Image: Dragonfly.JPG]
Spider, slight zoom. Dragonfly, almost max zoom.

Original size: 2048x1536

Edit: pics in macro mode
[Image: Spider2.JPG] [Image: Spider2Zoomed.JPG]
Same spider again but this time in macro mode. Second is same picture zoomed in afterwards with phone itself.
The dragonfly didn't visit me again so no macro mode pics of that one :chrongue:

[Image: Dragonfly2.JPG]
Oohh hey hello! :cheesy:

I think they are pretty good :D

No more tagging along mobile phone and digital camera to meets anymore.
[Image: sunnynana.gif]

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Sunshine on 09-10-2006 at 01:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
* Dazmatic is saving for it :P

* Sunshine upgraded her subscription and got it for free..Orange branded but meh...not planning on changing providers anyway...
RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Supersonicdarky on 09-10-2006 at 01:58 PM

lucky, i have 300kp [Image: msn_tongue.gif]

but i'm getting a 7mp camera soon so it shouldn't matter

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by markee on 09-10-2006 at 01:58 PM

That is one awsome phone, those pictures are great too.  I wish I coul afford to go out and get myself on, especially after those shots (probably would help i I had some talent t taking photoes too, but I can learn)

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Voldemort on 09-10-2006 at 02:22 PM

congrats, now i realized my k300 is crap :<

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by musicalmidget on 09-10-2006 at 04:00 PM

That looks like a niftly new phone and the picture quality from the camera looks pretty decent too, unlike so many other camera phones, my own included.

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by John Anderton on 09-10-2006 at 07:19 PM

Wow, nice phone. I cba to get a new one. Im still on my k500i.
Id rather get a new digital camera :P

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Knucks on 09-10-2006 at 07:39 PM

My birthday is approaching soon and i am having doubts etc as to whether or not to get the k750i or k800i. I first decided to get the k750i but then I found some more information about the k800i and now i am not really sure what to do. I have enough money to purchase the k750i and everything but i haven't for the k800i because of such a price increase. :( Is it worth it to wait and get the k800i or stick with the k750i and just be satisfied with what i am going to have? I am not too sure. :S

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by GiantSpider on 09-10-2006 at 07:48 PM

Think I might get that for christmas, could thing about having a contract that runs out in december, new phone. The k750 is really good quality pics for a phone. But the k800 is just better, depends on how much you really need a camera on your phone.

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Knucks on 09-10-2006 at 07:54 PM

Well, the main reason for me getting a new phone is the fact that my current one I have had for almost 3 years and feel that it is not "up-to-date" anymore. It has no bluetooth or anything like that all it has is a standard (was high-end) camera etc and 3 years ago "flip-top" were one of the phone trends. Now, I am not bothered I just want a new high-end phone, with a good camera and all that latest phone technology mumbo jumbo. :P

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by GiantSpider on 09-10-2006 at 07:55 PM

Well then get the 800, it will last you longer.

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Knucks on 09-10-2006 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
Well then get the 800, it will last you longer.
That's the thing, I don't think I can afford the price gap. :(
RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by saralk on 09-10-2006 at 08:14 PM

I'm not a big fan of camera phones, I think after 1.3 megapixels (maybe 2), the number of extra pixels are irrelevant. The CMOS unit in the K800i is the same as the one in the K750i, which is 2 megapixels. And the size of the CMOS sensor is probably more important than the actual number of pixels.

If the only reason you got that phone was because of the camera, than it was quite unnecesary, I doubt there will be any tangible difference between the photos in the K750i and the K800i.

Then there is the zoom, which is just a digital zoom, so there is absolutely no point in having it. Look at the last photo, it looks like its been taken with CCTV.

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by mezzanine on 09-10-2006 at 08:27 PM

Everyone seems to forget the one huge difference between the K750i and the K800i: the 3G technology and compatibility with the UMTS network. This is the reason for the massive price gap between the two phones.

Also, the K800i is the first SonyEricsson phone with real photographic light - the Xenon flash. Not to mention the enhanced messaging functions, 16x digital zoom, image stabilizer, red-eye reduction, one click picture blogging, and, obviously, video call (thanks to 3G compatibility).

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Mentality on 09-10-2006 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:

* Sunshine upgraded her subscription and got it for free..Orange branded but meh...not planning on changing providers anyway...

Orange sux, they always change the softwares on the phones so suit them, its crap :@
RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by cloudhunter on 09-11-2006 at 12:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:

Orange sux, they always change the softwares on the phones so suit them, its crap :@

You want hell? My (admitidly old) phone is so locked down you can't really do anything. I can't install my own games, even transfer files using bluetooth even though it can support bluetooth headsets.

NEC e616V on the 3 network...
RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Mike on 09-11-2006 at 05:31 AM

Very nice pictures (Y)
However, on the last two pictures, you should have skipped automatic and turned macro on...

This is the phone I want to get, or maybe the K790 which doesn't include the 3G fuctions...
But meh, I don't think I'll ever get it... :(
I will stay for a long time with my T630... :(

By the way, has anyone seen the new 5MP LG Camera mobile phone?
I think 5MP is way too much for a phone to have....

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Sunshine on 09-12-2006 at 12:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Then there is the zoom, which is just a digital zoom, so there is absolutely no point in having it. Look at the last photo, it looks like its been taken with CCTV.
Common knowledge that digital zoom pixelates. But if not overused it's better than no zoom at all..it is a phone afterall so do not expect the same from the build in cam than you would from a digicam even tho i think the results are very good/acceptable. It sure is a whole lot better than the results i got with the Nokia 6610i (my previous phone) :D

I got this phone because i was tired of having to tag along two devices when going to a meet or wichever event where one would like to take pictures. Having a digicam dangling around your neck all day isn't fun.
quote:
Originally posted by mezzanine
Also, the K800i is the first SonyEricsson phone with real photographic light - the Xenon flash. Not to mention the enhanced messaging functions, 16x digital zoom, image stabilizer, red-eye reduction, one click picture blogging, and, obviously, video call (thanks to 3G compatibility).
The flash, image stabilizer and red-eye reduction are very important arguments for choosing this one. And theres also best pic..if you need to make pics in a hurry.
quote:
Originally posted by Mentallity
Orange sux, they always change the softwares on the phones so suit them, its crap
I know they do, but sofar the only thing i found not onthere is the remote update service for the software (wich i could do throught the PC suite if i wanted too). Everything is working fine. Besides i'm not so rich that i can buy it unlocked.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Very nice pictures (Y)
However, on the last two pictures, you should have skipped automatic and turned macro on...
Thanks for photography tip, added a pic in macro mode to my first post now :D
quote:
By the way, has anyone seen the new 5MP LG Camera mobile phone?
I think 5MP is way too much for a phone to have....
Very detailed review of that one.
RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Pyro on 09-12-2006 at 11:27 PM

INCREADABLE! i have a motorola V3x with 2MP camera but its not that good.

EDIT: maybe they arnt as good.. what do u think?

[Image: 2308061618fy4.th.jpg]

[Image: 2907061323ju6.th.jpg]

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Voldemort on 09-12-2006 at 11:38 PM

INC- READABLE

normal english>*

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Hank on 09-13-2006 at 12:03 AM

it took some good pictures sunny, im impressed,  i got the shitty K700i . im assuming that phone you got works on the 3G network?

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by ShawnZ on 09-13-2006 at 12:21 AM

i hate to say it, but if you're getting a sony ericsson why not one with symbian?! :(

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Sunshine on 09-13-2006 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
it took some good pictures sunny, im impressed,  i got the shitty K700i . im assuming that phone you got works on the 3G network?
Yes, it does :)
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
i hate to say it, but if you're getting a sony ericsson why not one with symbian?!  :(
I know that would have been nice. Unfortunately this one isn't but it does support Java. For me the big thing was the camera, prefered that over the ability of installing programs (i can get Java programs and games on it). Maybe in future SE will make a symbian phone with this cam in, can't stop technology ;)

RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by Mike on 09-13-2006 at 02:06 PM

To continue the discussion of many MP camera phones:
I just found this today...
To me, it looks more than a camera with the ability to make phone calls than a mobile phone with a camera ... :P

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
i hate to say it, but if you're getting a sony ericsson why not one with symbian?! :(
Symbian is slow :( (well, atleast my mother's Nokia N70 is slow... Don't know about SE Symbian phones... Offtopic: Are all symbian software compatible with both Nokia and SE symbian phones?)
RE: My new phone - Sony Ericsson K800i + first pics by surfichris on 09-13-2006 at 02:33 PM

I've actually been looking at the K800i recently to replace my current K750i. It seems to improve upon in a lot of the places SE went wrong with the K750i (mainly the joystick)

quote:
Originally posted by Knuckles
My birthday is approaching soon and i am having doubts etc as to whether or not to get the k750i or k800i.
Avoid the K750i. You'll have problems with the joystick eventually and won't be able to use it to navigate properly on the phone. It happens to almost all of them. Mine is currently in service having it repaired.
quote:
Originally posted by mezzanine
Indeed, it is a pretty nice phone all around and a huge step up for SE.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Offtopic: Are all symbian software compatible with both Nokia and SE symbian phones?)
Some/most. Depends primarily on the application and which features of the phone it makes use of.