Shoutbox

Strange problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Strange problem (/showthread.php?tid=66100)

Strange problem by grubriella on 09-11-2006 at 03:27 PM

Hello everyone
I have a few questions regarding WLM.
Firstly, I'm getting two error codes when trying to connect
81000314 and 8100030d. 81000314 appears most frequently.

I have tried running MSN 4.7, MSN Live Messenger, Trillian, Gaim, etc
But none of these work. But Web Messenger works. So I assume that its not the server. Also, MSN works at work.

I have tried turning every other background applications off (inc firewall) and no success. I have tried re-registering the dll files, but nothing.

This problem occured last night, when I deicded to run Adaware. Adaware was turning off some services and Windows mentioned that an important service had been terminated and was forcing me to shutdown, so I terminated the emergency shutdown procedure and continued to scan (stupid me). Then I didn't even bother checking the files that Adaware wanted to delete and went ahead with it. Some files could not be deleted, so these were deleted after restart.

I'm guessing that some services aren't running or have been removed. I really don't want to have to repair Windows, because I don't even know where my Windows CD is. So if there are any possible solutions to this disaster, could someone please help me?

Thank You

RE: Strange problem by Thor on 09-11-2006 at 03:30 PM

hm.... Odd... Anyway the 81000314 is probably a server problem. You'll just have to try again later.

RE: Strange problem by dannychen on 09-11-2006 at 03:38 PM

may be this can help.

There are temporary fix for this problem.

for Windows XP
go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

open hosts file using Notepad

after local host, add the following lines:

65.54.239.80 messenger.hotmail.com
65.54.239.80 dp.msnmessenger.akadns.net

Save and run WLM