Shoutbox

Msn box - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Msn box (/showthread.php?tid=66148)

Msn box by Jimbo on 09-12-2006 at 07:40 PM

Is it possible to create a little msn box, at the top corner of the screen, that goes over everything, that tells you if you have recieved any instant messages, and who they were from

Can anyone do this script please?
RE: Msn box by Mike on 09-12-2006 at 09:43 PM

You can try my script, which does something similar: [Updated]Message Scroller v0.2
With some editing, you could get what you want...

RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-13-2006 at 06:29 AM

i am useless at scripts, so can you edit it for me mike?

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-13-2006 at 06:53 AM

i dnt think he has the time so if you would like to add me to msn iwould be greatful to help you do it

RE: Msn box by rainbow on 09-13-2006 at 10:19 AM

well that is a great idea, can you post the script after it is done?

much thanks

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-13-2006 at 10:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rainbow
well that is a great idea, can you post the script after it is done?

much thanks
yes definately will but i need someone else (134jimbodude) to help me because i do not know wat he would like the window to look like and also because i have a broken arm it mighe be a little bit before its out
RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-13-2006 at 04:05 PM

I'm not bothered how it looks, i just need it for when i'm playing Counterstrike condition zero :p

RE: Msn box by Felu on 09-13-2006 at 04:13 PM

I would make it if you tell me that do you want the very last message or the last 5 or something... Also how big the window should be.

RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-13-2006 at 04:37 PM

I would like it to tell me the last 5 messages and who they were from. I would like it to be as small as possible, but i want it legible!

RE: Msn box by cloudhunter on 09-13-2006 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 134jimbodude
I'm not bothered how it looks, i just need it for when i'm playing Counterstrike condition zero :p

I doubt that it will show on top of the game anyway, so it isn't suitable for your purpose. However, I will see what I can do when I get home.

Cloudy
RE: Msn box by minipatchou on 09-13-2006 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudhunter
quote:

I doubt that it will show on top of the game anyway, so it isn't suitable for your purpose. However, I will see what I can do when I get home.

Cloudy
but the micrsoft button can show the taskbar so use that in your advantage;)
it might work, never touched scrpting

RE: Msn box by cloudhunter on 09-13-2006 at 08:20 PM

Yeah, but the start button tends to minimize the game etc... Which wouldn't be very good in middle of a firefight would it?

RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-14-2006 at 04:24 PM

why can't it show on top of the game?

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-14-2006 at 08:32 PM

well it is just how full screen games work they dont show popups and that stuff even if theey have always ontop

RE: Msn box by Supersonicdarky on 09-14-2006 at 08:56 PM

for me, wlm toasts go on top of cs :/

and task manager shows on top...

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-14-2006 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
for me, wlm toasts go on top of cs :/

and task manager shows on top...
well for me they popup but the semi flash thro the game and i cant read them but if he wants it i would still make it for him
RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-15-2006 at 06:17 AM

Please make it for me jay

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-15-2006 at 06:22 AM

ok come on msn and we can talk about it (my email is in my profile)
and hopefuly i can teach you a little bit of scripting

RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-15-2006 at 06:28 AM

ok but i can only go on for 15 mins
Sorry jay_jay, WLM is crashing, when it stops, i'll talk to you

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-15-2006 at 10:48 AM

ok i have made the script and it is pretty good atm but there is one thing that i cant do and that is that i dont know a way to get it ontop of a full screen app i already have it always ontop and tranparent.

Screenshot:
[Image: msnpreviewbox1yz1.jpg]

if anyone would like to help me get it ontop of full screen apps it would be really good

RE: Msn box by Volv on 09-15-2006 at 10:56 AM

I would probably say that it's close to impossible to make it work for every game/application. You would most likely have to make it hook directly into DirectX (or whatever graphics engine the game uses) to actually render it to the screen 'over' (above) the game.

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-15-2006 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
I would probably say that it's close to impossible to make it work for every game/application. You would most likely have to make it hook directly into DirectX (or whatever graphics engine the game uses) to actually render it to the screen 'over' (above) the game.
thank you for telling me that [Image: msn_tongue.gif] so now i dont think this script is really useful for what he wanted [Image: dodgy.gif]

oh well i will finish it off (about and help windows) and if anybody wants it please tell me here but it most likely wont be done till tomorrow because i have donee a fair bit in my eyes on it and need to get some rest from scripting.

if you have suggestions or questions about the script please feel free to ask
RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-15-2006 at 02:39 PM

There must be a way to get it to show on top of everything, surely?

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-15-2006 at 02:44 PM

i dont think that is possable and sometime doing this stuff make the full screen app minamize witch can be really bad if you are doing something good or in a hard place/situation.

but i will finish the script off tomorrow because im too tierd tonight but i have made it look better than the earlier picture.

and will have to make a gui to input the x & y position of the window because atm it is just writen in the script.

RE: Msn box by markee on 09-15-2006 at 02:47 PM

You could make your full screen game open in a window and then the always on top should work I think.  It depends on the game on what you have to do to open it in a window.

RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-15-2006 at 02:48 PM

CS:CZ can open in a window, but it looks 1000000000x better when it's full screen, isn't there a way to make it on top of the full screen game?

RE: Msn box by markee on 09-15-2006 at 03:02 PM

I highly doubt it, just think how your game reacts when a toast comes up, it will be like that but where the window that Jay_Jay made is.

RE: Msn box by R4000 on 09-15-2006 at 03:48 PM

It is possible, by injecting into the DirectX... and trust me, thats facking hard!

(im still trying to work it out... and im not even using JScript to work it out.... plus most anti-cheat systems on games wont like this)

RE: Msn box by Spunky on 09-15-2006 at 05:46 PM

If you maximize  the game window, it shouldn't look to different from playing full screen as it's around the same size... When you say Always On Top should work this, do you mean it will work as in show where the game isn't being displayed, or do you mean it'll show on top of the game window?

RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-15-2006 at 06:09 PM

ok, jay_jay, can you still make it for me as it will be useful when browsing the internet. thanks

RE: Msn box by Felu on 09-15-2006 at 06:19 PM

quote:
ok, jay_jay, can you still make it for me as it will be useful when browsing the internet. thanks
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
You can try my script, which does somethingsimilar:[Updated]MessageScroller v0.2

RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-15-2006 at 06:28 PM

when i have that installed, whenever i recieve a message, WLM crashes
EDIT:got it to work now, is there a way of getting rid of the transparency? Done it now, yipee, thanks
Could you edit it so it shows more than just the last message recieved, maybe the last 5 messages recieved would be good

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-16-2006 at 01:41 AM

quote:
when i have that installed, whenever i recieve a message, WLM crashes
EDIT:got it to work now, is there a way of getting rid of the transparency? Done it now, yipee, thanks
Could you edit it so it shows more than just the last message recieved, maybe the last 5 messages recieved would be good
ok my script will do this but i still have a little work to do on it still.
RE: Msn box by Jimbo on 09-16-2006 at 09:25 AM

ok, when your ready, post it here. Thanks
by the way, will yours have a UI, because messages scroller doesn't?

RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-16-2006 at 09:58 AM

quote:
ok, when your ready, post it here. Thanks
by the way, will yours have a UI, because messages scroller doesn't?
yes i am working on them as we type/speak :P and also i am going to have a configuration window to set where you want it to appear. and you will also be able to have the script on but not work by the script menu. i will also have the transparency of the window customisable so the it is totaly your own.

because of the new things that i have thought of while scripting and writing this it might (most likely will) be delayed till tomorrow if not the next day because i have to go to my granmothers place i think.

as soon as i have finished i will upload it for you and then you wont need to pester me untill you have another idea. when i post the new version i will post it in another thread so that it is easier for me to get it out there.

ok back to scripting now.
RE: Msn box by NanaFreak on 09-17-2006 at 05:15 AM

Created Script

thread here