Shoutbox

E-mails i didn't ask for. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: E-mails i didn't ask for. (/showthread.php?tid=66182)

E-mails i didn't ask for. by ForestPlus! on 09-13-2006 at 04:09 PM

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone out there can help me with my problem.
Well, recently ive been getting unwanted e-mails from a site called piczo (usually saying 'Mr name! wants to add you as a friend!') but the only problem is, i've never even heard of the site piczo before, and every e-mail i get is from a different account on piczo..

Anyone help me with what the hell's going on here!?

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by Chris4 on 09-13-2006 at 04:13 PM

Hmm, go here, enter your e-mail address and see if it accepts it. Then they'll send you an e-mail with all details. Maybe someone used your e-mail address to sign up to it? Most sites have a confirmation cde you have to click though.

You can block e-mails from @piczo.com if you want, or check the bottom of the e-mails, theirs usually a 'stop recieving these e-mails' or 'unsubscribe' link you can click on.

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by ForestPlus! on 09-13-2006 at 04:16 PM

Well, that's strange. i sent the e-mail and it says that i have no registered accounts. but ive got e-mails from about... 5 different accounts now. :dodgy:

EDIT: HERE is one of the accounts i 'supposed' to have. notice the damn girl backgrounds. i dont understand anything...:dodgy:

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by Chris4 on 09-13-2006 at 04:30 PM

Hmm, well contacting them won't help, as they don't reply to e-mails.

I would just block e-mails from them. I have.

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by vaccination on 09-13-2006 at 04:43 PM

Why not report it using the "Report bad content" button and explain that it is not your e-mail account, i'm sure they can do something about it.

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by Vilkku on 09-13-2006 at 05:13 PM

I actually think your friends wanna invite you to start using that site, not any people that have signed up using your e-mail :)

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by MeEtc on 09-13-2006 at 05:46 PM

thats exactly it, Vilkku. Someone else that you know might have started an account, and is now (knowingly or not) inviting people to join as well

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by vaccination on 09-13-2006 at 06:12 PM

I thought that too vikku and MeEtc but he says that he found one of the accounts he supposedly has, unless he misunderstood it.

Generally like you say, it is people asking you to join piczo because they use it.

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by rav0 on 09-16-2006 at 11:54 AM

They're invitations from account holders. Some websites (possibly Piczo) will import entire Hotmail address books and automatically send emails to every single address, with the inviter only having to submit one form, and never thinking that you were a reciepient.

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by Jarrod on 09-17-2006 at 04:10 AM

i know you have to pay for it but especaily if you get alot of spam it's well worth it use mail washer it's the best because it lets you add custom filters myspace, bebo and piczo do that just set up a filter blocking these emails it's so easy

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by Chris4 on 09-17-2006 at 03:25 PM

...or you could just block e-mails with the word 'piczo' in the message. That's what I done.

RE: RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by rav0 on 09-18-2006 at 03:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
...or you could just block e-mails with the word 'piczo' in the message. That's what I done.
Yeah, but then you miss emails that you want to recieve, just because the sender mentioned piczo.
RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by Lourix on 09-18-2006 at 04:23 AM

Could you just move emails from piczo into junk folder?

RE: E-mails i didn't ask for. by Curtis on 09-18-2006 at 04:48 AM

I only ask for e-mails when I sign up for things and it asks me to confirm by e-mail.  Or I ask someone to send me an e-mail so I can do something.  Other than that, I don't ask or e-mails.