Shoutbox

WLM Number Guessing v1.1.055 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: WLM Number Guessing v1.1.055 (/showthread.php?tid=66198)

WLM Number Guessing v1.1.055 by R4000 on 09-13-2006 at 10:17 PM

Name: WLM Number Guessing v1.1.055
Description: Bored? Then why not allow your WLM contacts to play a simple number guessing game? Its simple enough, just !start and guess

New in v1.1.055:

• Better handling of users
  • HTML highscore generation (See Below)
  • !score and !scores added
  • Cleaned up a little

HTML highscores:
From v1.1.055, WLM Number Guessing has been able to generate HTML high score pages. (DEMO SCORE PAGE)
This is enabled by default (too turn off, find the line in the code and // comment it)

All this does is creates a simple HTML file (fancyscores.html) in the scripts folder, containing all the highscores (sorted)
You could upload this using another program or run a webserver or anything.

But if you dont want to do that, the !scores command automagicly creates an even simpler version with no images, and just sends it to the contact.

Feedback please!
RE: WLM Number Guessing v1.0.007 by Spunky on 09-13-2006 at 10:24 PM

Nice Script! Seen this suggested before, but I know how to do it really simple now (script and the game lol)

RE: WLM Number Guessing v1.0.007 by R4000 on 09-13-2006 at 10:28 PM

Thx, this is bad coding though.... i really don't recommend people use it unless you can fix it..

I realised i could only get it working for one person at once (i could make more, but more complex, will do it one day)
so i added little checks to lock it to one user... but they didnt work :D hehehe

RE: WLM Number Guessing v1.0.007 by Spunky on 09-14-2006 at 11:40 AM

I know about the checks and things, I looked at your code :p Perhaps using a combination of email adresses and registry keys to see if the current contact has a current game with you... You could make it work the multiple contacts that way (the number var might need to be given a unique name for each game though :p)

RE: WLM Number Guessing v1.0.007 by R4000 on 09-14-2006 at 04:07 PM

I have reuploaded a new version, that should work with multiusers :D

(still havn't made it so two people can play each other... will be hard, but ill give it a go!)

RE: WLM Number Guessing v1.0.007 by Spunky on 09-14-2006 at 04:08 PM

The hardest part about something like that is to force it to take turns... I tried making naughts and crosses before :p

RE: WLM Number Guessing v1.1.055 by R4000 on 09-15-2006 at 08:23 PM

New in v1.1.055:

• Better handling of users
  • HTML highscore generation (See Below)
  • !score and !scores added
  • Cleaned up a little

HTML highscores:
From v1.1.055, WLM Number Guessing has been able to generate HTML high score pages. (DEMO SCORE PAGE)
This is enabled by default (too turn off, find the line in the code and // comment it)

All this does is creates a simple HTML file (fancyscores.html) in the scripts folder, containing all the highscores (sorted)
You could upload this using another program or run a webserver or anything.

But if you dont want to do that, the !scores command automagicly creates an even simpler version with no images, and just sends it to the contact.

Feedback please!
RE: WLM Number Guessing v1.1.055 by hosey on 09-16-2006 at 10:32 AM

thanx for that great script! i love it fun if i get bored and im sure heaps of other people enjoy it also