Shoutbox

About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (/showthread.php?tid=66236)

About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Patchou on 09-14-2006 at 05:38 PM

Heya,

The beta version of Windows Live Messenger 8.1 has been made available to private beta testers for about a week now and more and more people are asking for a compatible version of Messenger Plus!. I can happily say that Messenger Plus! Live 4.10 (previously labelled 4.02) is currently in the work and will be entirely compatible with the new Messenger, however, I do not plan to release this version before at least another two weeks. The main reason for that delay is very simple: the current beta of Messenger 8.1 is extremely unstable and brings nothing really new to its users. I encourage all of you to stick with version 8.0 for now, you'll feel much better without a Messenger that can crash every 5 minutes during a chat :).

Appart from that, internationalization of the web site continues with the following new languages: Chinese Traditional, Italiano and Japanese. Also, localized domain names have finally been set-up for many of the current translations, more will come with new translations in the near future:

www.msgpluslive.dk
www.msgpluslive.nl
www.msgpluslive.be
www.msgpluslive.co.uk
www.msgpluslive.ee
www.msgpluslive.com.tw
www.msgpluslive.cl
www.msgpluslive.es
www.msgpluslive.jp
www.msgpluslive.it
www.msgpluslive.de

September 15th: addition of the french language and three other domain names:
www.msgpluslive.com.br
www.msgpluslive.com.ar
www.msgpluslive.fr

Patchou

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by GiantSpider on 09-14-2006 at 05:42 PM

It only sucks because they wouldn't let me test it anymore.

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Menthix on 09-14-2006 at 05:43 PM

Hmm, one thing that suprises me... no French? Wasn't french the most popular non-English language for Plus! users?

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Matti on 09-14-2006 at 05:43 PM

Yay! Internationalized Plus! Live domains! :D
* Matti adds www.msgpluslive.be to his favorites... :)

I don't really care about Messenger Plus! Live being incompatible with the 8.1 BETA. First of all, there has never been a public beta of Plus! Live for WLM 8.0 BETA either, and second: WLM 8.1 is way to unstable to make a decent add-on for. (like you alrady mentioned)

Good luck with the progress of v4.02! ;)

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Hmm, one thing that suprises me... no French? Wasn't french the most popular non-English language for Plus! users?
It seems like the translation isn't added/completed yet, so it would be useless to register a domain yet. Or where you talking about the translation, and not about the domain? ^o)
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Patchou on 09-14-2006 at 06:13 PM

the domain name for french is already secured, I'm jsut waiting for the translation to be submitted.

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by x2zen on 09-14-2006 at 06:19 PM

Danish domain :D

I'll be looking forward for 4.10 ;)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Thor on 09-14-2006 at 06:26 PM

I'll be waiting! :D

* Thor hopes that the Norwegian translators get done...

And btw, good luck with 4.02 :)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Guido on 09-14-2006 at 07:50 PM

Let me dedicate this to the combination of PHP, Unicode and Internet Explorer :o)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by minipatchou on 09-14-2006 at 07:51 PM

i dont use wlm 8.1
because there is no plus or vista live messenger skin
but used it seems okay

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by DarkMe on 09-14-2006 at 07:53 PM

Spanish Domain :d
yays
8.1 sux (for now)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by vaccination on 09-14-2006 at 08:02 PM

Yay, can't wait for 4.10

Also, i'm not having a go at anyone but i figure someone is guna say something about people shouldn't be using add ons and other such things when testing a beta. lol :P

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Dragunov on 09-14-2006 at 08:03 PM

yeah, I also like the Belgian one, but can u add a possibility to just click on forum and see this one, instead of the Dutch version, cause I love this one way much :)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Choli on 09-14-2006 at 08:04 PM

I agree with you, Patchou,... it's better to delay Plus than having hundreds of people complaining about Plus when it's their Messenger 8.1 the buggy program.

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
www.msgpluslive.es
yay!! (Y) :banana:

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Menthix on 09-14-2006 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dragunov
can u add a possibility to just click on forum and see this one, instead of the Dutch version
There's a text link on the help section. Otherwise bookmark msghelp.net :D.
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by coolzee on 09-14-2006 at 09:44 PM

i cant wait for 4.10, i can wait for two weeks..i hope..lol

good work Patchou :)

RE: RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by blackjack on 09-15-2006 at 02:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
www.msgpluslive.es
yay!! (Y) :banana:

x2

Good News Patch, im with 8.0.. i dont want a buggy WLM right now :(.. :P
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by prashker on 09-15-2006 at 02:51 AM

Well, I am testing WLM 8.1 now, and it's really buggy, makes it a little more bearable with MP!L (y)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Panachiba on 09-15-2006 at 02:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
www.msgpluslive.cl

:banana:! ..Chono :banana: , well..

I'll be waiting!
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by wolfeboy100 on 09-15-2006 at 03:34 AM

i know i can wait the two extra weeks since the WLM 8.1 version wont have anything that important for me to update to right away

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Hank on 09-15-2006 at 04:25 AM

its only very Buggy on vista IMO .. im running WinXP 64bit, had no problems with it so far

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by markee on 09-15-2006 at 04:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
its only very Buggy on vista IMO .. im running WinXP 64bit, had no problems with it so far
Are there any programs that aren't buggy in Vista (everyone keeps complaining about them).  I have found 8.1 more buggy than 8.0 imo.

Anyway, Patchou it is goo to hear that you have been working on it so much that it is almost ready for another release.  At least these two weeks of waiting will feel a lot shorter than the wait for 4.00 :P
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Lourix on 09-15-2006 at 05:38 AM

Good one Patchou :)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Hank on 09-15-2006 at 08:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by HSV
Are there any programs that aren't buggy in Vista (everyone keeps complaining about them).  I have found 8.1 more buggy than 8.0 imo.

Anyway, Patchou it is goo to hear that you have been working on it so much that it is almost ready for another release.  At least these two weeks of waiting will feel a lot shorter than the wait for 4.00 :P
i don't wanna slag Vista but i dont think its ready to be released to Manufacturing  in November or whenever they said, , from what i see/read about it, its still having driver problems
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Kenji on 09-15-2006 at 08:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
don't wanna slag Vista but i dont think its ready to be released to Manufacturing  in November or whenever they said, , from what i see/read about it, its still having driver problems
Ive had no problems with it yet, and ive been using it for about 2 weeks now. only slight problem ia that WLM wont sign in anyomre, it used to but not any more... but i dont think that has anything to do with vista.:P
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Hank on 09-15-2006 at 09:05 AM

from what i seen.. it has also had problems detecting Raid ( maybe some Sata Drives )

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by crank on 09-15-2006 at 09:19 AM

Those new domains is pretty cool, i think it might give the number of downloads a boost, as people who search for something (on google for example) within their country they'll see plus! in the results more often.

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by markee on 09-15-2006 at 09:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HSV

Anyway, Patchou it is goo to hear that you have been working on it so much that it is almost ready for another release.  At least these two weeks of waiting will feel a lot shorter than the wait for 4.00 [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
i don't wanna slag Vista but i dont think its ready to be released to Manufacturing  in November or whenever they said, , from what i see/read about it, its still having driver problems

I still can't get quite a number of drivers and a lt of my stuff relating to toshiba in my programs aren't compatible either.  If I had those things I would probably have given it a go, but such a big download for a good chance of it not working isn't a thing I want to do. [/offtopic]

I can't see how WLM 8.1 could be so buggy as there doesn't seem to be too many new features in it.  If they had a lot of new things then it would be understandable but at this stage I can't really understand it.
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Hank on 09-15-2006 at 09:44 AM

quote:

I can't see how WLM 8.1 could be so buggy as there doesn't seem to be too many new features in it.  If they had a lot of new things then it would be understandable but at this stage I can't really understand it.
i cant either, al i can see is 2 new Features, thats all,

quote:
I still can't get quite a number of drivers and a lt of my stuff relating to toshiba in my programs aren't compatible either.  If I had those things I would probably have given it a go, but such a big download for a good chance of it not working isn't a thing I want to do. [/offtopic]
Same reason why im not gonna download it,
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by _Humphreys on 09-15-2006 at 08:38 PM

At the risk of repeating everyone else in the thread, all I can say is keep up the good work Patchou. :)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by ForestPlus! on 09-16-2006 at 10:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
quote:

i cant either, al i can see is 2 new Features, thats all,

quote:
Same reason why im not gonna download it,

Exactly, i've tried it, and it doesn't do anything new Thats that important. :dodgy:

Sticking with 8.0, but waiting for the new version of plus! :refuck:
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by ipab on 09-16-2006 at 08:05 PM

Not all of Belgium speaks Dutch.IIRC, Dutch, French, German are the official languages of the Belgium so I think there should be, upon entry, a splash page (I don't mean just for the Belgian Domain, I'm sure there are several others that follow suit in relevance to my case), prompting for a language choice.

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by crank on 09-17-2006 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
Not all of belgium speaks Dutch.IIRC, Dutch, French, German are the official languages of the Blgium so I think there should be, upon entry, a splash page (I don't mean just for the Belgian Domain, I'm sure there are several others that follow suit in relevance to my case), prompting for a language choice.
As usual, ipab is right.
If you do not use a splash page atleast put it in french, because most flemmish people know french, and only a few wallons speak flemmish.

Btw i am flemmish myself so i'm not trying to bug the flemmish people here :p it's just that i speak all official (belgian) languages.
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by (V)oribundenVampir on 09-30-2006 at 05:42 PM

Keep on the hard work Patchou! MPL rules!
And we're counting down to the release and looking forward to this new version!

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Andrew_H on 10-01-2006 at 01:52 AM

quote:
And we're counting down to the release and looking forward to this new version

It's fine that Patchou is taking a bit longer than expected but from the last post I'm wondering what you're counting down to. Didn't he say it was susposed to be released 2 weeks from September 14th?

So anyway I'm really looking forward to 4.10 myself!:D
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by (V)oribundenVampir on 10-01-2006 at 02:31 AM

Take your time Patchou, we know you always give us the best you have!

I don't need to mention that, but well... :)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Paffynova on 10-01-2006 at 02:35 AM

heemmm danish domain (h)

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by beware_of_this_guy on 10-04-2006 at 11:33 AM

8.1 is worser than 8.0, When you add a contact to a convo, It dont tell you it's status like 8.0.
The contact cards are worser

Good luck Patchou for making 4.10, its gonna be great it bet

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by vaccination on 10-04-2006 at 03:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beware_of_this_guy
8.1 is worser than 8.0, When you add a contact to a convo, It dont tell you it's status like 8.0.
The contact cards are worser

Good luck Patchou for making 4.10, its gonna be great it bet

Maybe because it is a beta?

I have to admit though the contact cards are/were(haven't used any of the updated betas) ugly.
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by duck! on 10-04-2006 at 03:58 PM

{off-topic] but when is patchou due back :P
wlm 8.1..is gonna be good if its skinable i like the new contact cards
cant wait for final which will be ages

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by (V)oribundenVampir on 10-04-2006 at 05:52 PM

Probably it will be out along with Vista RTM.
I wonder when will the new version of Plus be released anyway...:$

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by beware_of_this_guy on 10-08-2006 at 01:00 AM

i wish The new version goes out tomorrow

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by (V)oribundenVampir on 10-08-2006 at 02:09 AM

Seriously :(
It's taking some time... but oh well... let's just push forward ;)

EDIT: Something must be going on here... there should be a pretty much relevant reason for the new version not to be released yet...

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by jegar on 10-23-2006 at 01:24 PM

It has been over a month since he announced the new version.  Guess losing his MVP award made him mad and he is going to withhold it.

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Eddie on 10-23-2006 at 02:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jegar
It has been over a month since he announced the new version.  Guess losing his MVP award made him mad and he is going to withhold it.
Hes not releasing a version for 8.1 until 8.1 is released if thats what you mean :)
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by (V)oribundenVampir on 10-23-2006 at 02:46 PM

And I pressume this was not meant to be published, right? We had to ask. :P

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Menthix on 10-23-2006 at 04:35 PM

What was not meant to be published? Patchou's starting post of this topic? There's no reason why that shouldn't have been published. Nothing he said in that post has changed...

- v4.10 is still being betatested by a private group of testers
- v4.10 will work with WLM 8.1 (already does for those who are testing it)
- The current WLM 8.1 build is still very buggy
- Patchou still doesn't want to release 4.10 to public yet as long as WLM 8.1 is so buggy
- WLM 8.1 still doesn't add much new features, if you want Plus!, just install WLM 8.0 and wait until 8.1 comes out of beta

Patchou did recently say he took a break and has done less on Plus! since he came back from vacation than he usually does, but Microsoft didn't release new 8.1 beta builds either, so there really isn't a reason to hurry and release MP!L 4.10 already.

I'm sure MP!L 4.10 will be public by the time Microsoft releases WLM 8.1 to public.

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by (V)oribundenVampir on 10-23-2006 at 06:49 PM

I just said that in the very beginning he said the new version was going to be released around a month ago. That's all.
I don't rush at all, I hope he takes his time. I just wanted to be informed about this, cause I never read anything about Patchou saying that he took some time and relaxed :P
Too much coincidence this happened right after the MVP sh*t.

RE: RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Salem on 10-23-2006 at 08:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
...if you want Plus!, just install WLM 8.0 and wait until 8.1 comes out of beta...

I agree with you 100% MenthiX. Windows Live Messenger (WLM) 8.1 is really not worth upgrading to at the moment. There are no significant new features/changes in it (at least not yet anyway). Plus, as was mentioned before is EXTREMELY buggy.

Personally i would recommend all MP!L users who want to keep plus just stay using WLM 8.0. Your not missing out on much by not having WLM 8.1

~Salem(@)
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by (V)oribundenVampir on 10-23-2006 at 10:37 PM

I adhere to that!

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by dannychen on 10-24-2006 at 07:52 AM

so we just stay with the latest 8.0 to be on the safe side.

carry on patchou!

RE: RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Salem on 10-24-2006 at 08:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dannychen
so we just stay with the latest 8.0 to be on the safe side.

Yep, i recommend you stay with 8.0 (unless you're in the 8.1 Managed Beta of course).

~Salem(@)
RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Andrew_H on 10-24-2006 at 08:24 PM

The reason I want 4.10 isn't because it will work with 8.1 (I'm not even bate testing it:P). I want it because of the new features:D.

Either way take your time Patchou. I can wait:).

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Nagamasa on 10-27-2006 at 01:42 PM

Not to rush you or anything Patchou, but its been almost a month and and a half since you said that.

RE: About Windows Live Messenger 8.1 by Eddie on 10-27-2006 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
Not to rush you or anything Patchou, but its been almost a month and and a half since you said that.
Just be patient, it will come when it comes...does this thread really need to be open anymore?