Shoutbox

Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) (/showthread.php?tid=66249)

Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 09-14-2006 at 09:26 PM

Alrighty, I just got an e-mail from Microsoft informing of the release of Windows Vista RC1 blah blah. Anyways, It told me this "If you ordered a DVD kit for Beta 2 you will receive a new DVD kit containing RC1 in approximately 2-4 weeks." I have the Beta 2 DVD kit but im not sure if its the correct one.

Heres a picture of the box just for u guys to check i have the right one.

[Image: picture008sg2.th.jpg]

Here is the questions:

Q: Has Microsoft taken any money out from my profile with the card registered to get the update DVD? Basically, Will they ship it to me for free since I paid for the Beta 2 copy already.

Q: Will the Windows Vista Standard theme be included in the RC1 package?

(I know this is a theme but I've heard it will be on windows Vista) Here is a link to know what im talking about http://www.deviantart.com/view/36106264/

The reason why I wanted to know about the standard theme was because my graphics card isnt compatible and I wanted to use the standard theme instead of the gray one in the Beta 2.

Thanks if you guys answer them :)

RE: Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 09-14-2006 at 09:55 PM

Was it like in the preview in the link I provided?

RE: Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) by DarkMe on 09-15-2006 at 12:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE-
Was it like in the preview in the link I provided?
yeh, im looking for some other vista themes, anything found yet :sad:
RE: Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) by ShawnZ on 09-15-2006 at 12:38 AM

quote:

what are they going to do if glass isn't supported, just lock you out and refuse to work? :p
RE: RE: Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 09-15-2006 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:

what are they going to do if glass isn't supported, just lock you out and refuse to work? :p

They just give you this stupid grey theme which looks uterally ugly.

I know the link was for a XP theme but they copied it from the vista theme. Im saying will that theme be included in the RC1 disk?
RE: Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) by Kenji on 09-15-2006 at 06:12 PM

quote:
I know the link was for a XP theme but they copied it from the vista theme. Im saying will that theme be included in the RC1 disk?

Yes, before i got my new graphics card i had The Standard Vista Theme... i can still use it now... ill take a screen shot...

[Image: standardbk2.png]

RE: Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 09-30-2006 at 05:24 AM

One more question I promise :) Does my graphics card have to be installed to use ^^^ that theme ?

RE: Windows Vista RC1 Questions (Quiet Easy :) ) by Kenji on 09-30-2006 at 06:26 AM

If you have a graphics card, use it, if you dont have one, it shouldnt make any differnce.