Shoutbox

msn 8 live ... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: msn 8 live ... (/showthread.php?tid=66253)

msn 8 live ... by percy1105 on 09-14-2006 at 10:27 PM

i don know how to say but i have got problem with msn 8
for example : im using msn 8 live now; i always got dis....
if i use msn 7.5 or 7.0 i never get got dis!? why?

my network is dsl .

one more question: i can not use handwrite.... im using window xp  [not pack 2 or 3]
and i update my window already.. but i still can not use handwrite.. why?!

thanks

RE: msn 8 live ... by user27089 on 09-14-2006 at 10:38 PM

I don't know what the first question was.

Second question: You'll need to download Windows Journal Viewer from http://www.microsoft.com/

RE: msn 8 live ... by percy1105 on 09-14-2006 at 10:44 PM

thanks

but Windows Journal Viewer its not free.... how can i do?! T_T

RE: msn 8 live ... by Chris4 on 09-14-2006 at 11:38 PM

Go to the Windows Live Help site, search for 'Journal' and then top result. The download links are there, free:

quote:
Send messages in your own handwriting
In Windows Live Messenger you can doodle, draw, or handwrite your messages.

1. Click the handwriting handwrite [Image: handwrite.jpg] button .
   2. Format your handwriting with any of the six formatting buttons on the left of the screen.
   3. Click Send when you are finished.

If you can't use the Handwrite tab in the conversation window, install the following software:

* Windows XP or Windows 2000 (with Service Pack 3 or later). If you're not sure your operating system is up-to-date, visit the Microsoft Update website.
    * Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer 1.5.
    * Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer Security Update.

RE: msn 8 live ... by percy1105 on 09-24-2006 at 02:58 AM

i see

but hey i could not find it?! can u give me the link?!

thank you..

RE: msn 8 live ... by MattyRid on 09-24-2006 at 03:01 AM

Link to what??? the links for fixing your handwrite problem are provided in Chris4's post above.

Also, Windows Live Messenger and MSN Messenger 7.0 and 7.5 are on different servers (If I'm not mistaken), hence why you may be getting disconnected in Windows Live Messenger.

RE: RE: msn 8 live ... by Chris4 on 09-24-2006 at 03:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by percy1105
i see

but hey i could not find it?! can u give me the link?!

thank you..

I can't link to it because it just goes to the Windows Live Help site, that's why I gave you clear instructions how to find the article and I also quoted the whole thing, so there should be no problems.
RE: msn 8 live ... by Nagamasa on 09-24-2006 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by percy1105
don know how to say but i have got problem with msn 8
for example : im using msn 8 live now; i always got dis....
if i use msn 7.5 or 7.0 i never get got dis!? why?

Maybe try this?

This error message is a common error message that represents various connection problems in Messenger.

1. Follow these steps to uninstall the existing version of Messenger:

a. If Messenger is running, right-click the Messenger icon in the notification area, and then click "Exit."
b. Click "Start," click "Run," type the following command, and then click "OK":
control appwiz.cpl
c. In the Add/Remove Programs window, click "Windows Live Messenger" or "MSN Messenger," and then click "Remove."

2. Uninstall any third-party add-ons to Messenger, such as Messenger Plus or Smiley Central.
3. Follow these steps to delete the Messenger registry keys.

Important: This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986

Warning: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

a. Click "Start," click "Run," type "regedit," and then click "OK."
b. If all users of the computer cannot sign in to Messenger, locate the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSNMessenger
c. If only one user account cannot sign in to Messenger, locate the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\<<Passport hash key>>
d. On the "Edit" menu, click "Delete" to delete the registry entries.
e. Locate the following subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MSNMessenger
f. On the "Edit" menu, click "Delete" to delete the registry entries associated with the installation of Messenger.
g. Exit Registry Editor.

4. Delete the Listcache.dat file for all accounts that sign in to Messenger on the computer:
a. On a Microsoft Windows 2000-based or Windows XP-based computer, click "Start," click "Run," type "CMD", and then click "OK."

Note: On a Windows 98-based or Windows Millennium Edition-based computer, instead type "command".

b. At the command prompt, type the following commands. After each command line, press ENTER:
cd\
cd %appdata%\microsoft
cd "msn messenger"
del /s listcache.dat

5. If you are using Windows Live Messenger or MSN Messenger version 7.5, follow these steps:
a. Delete files that may be causing a conflict. Click "Start," click "Run," type "cmd," and then click "OK."
b. At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press ENTER after each command line:
cd %allusersprofile%\application data\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll
cd %appdata%\microsoft\identitycrl\*.*
del *.dll

Note: If any files are in the folder, you will be prompted to confirm. Press Y to confirm.

c. Follow these steps to delete some user-specific registry entries.
i. Click "Start," click "Run," type "Regedit," and then click "OK."
ii. Locate the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\IdentityCRL\Creds
iii. You will see keys for every user account that signed in from this computer. Select the user account that cannot sign in, and then click "Delete" on the "Edit" menu.
iv. Close Registry Editor.

6. Make sure that you are using the latest version of Messenger. To download and install the latest version, follow these steps:

a. Start Internet Explorer, and then visit the following Web site:
- For Windows Live Messenger: http://ideas.live.com
- For MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com/download

b. Under "Registered User," click "Go." The download automatically starts, and a download progress indicator appears.
c. Follow the instructions in the MSN Messenger Setup wizard to complete the installation.
d. Click "Finish."

7. Try to sign in to Messenger again.
RE: msn 8 live ... by percy1105 on 10-01-2006 at 06:18 PM

so sorry i could not do it.. i don know why ...
anyway thank for help but do u have anything else can help me?

RE: msn 8 live ... by Chris4 on 10-01-2006 at 07:06 PM

What happens when you try and do handwriting?

Screenshot?

RE: msn 8 live ... by percy1105 on 10-01-2006 at 08:26 PM

i don know ; when i click handwriting; its not working
and now i got mess msn content plus..
your current trial time is expired
pl register or uninstall al lproducts of msn content plus

i deleted all already but its still apeear and now when i click ok my msn 8 disappear

how can i solve this problems?

some admin or webmaster help me plz.
i can not chat with my friends...

thanks for help .

RE: msn 8 live ... by duck! on 10-01-2006 at 08:30 PM

Can you take a screenie of the handwriting issue
and the Dsl question...if its wrong, its wrong i cant be bugging you that much

RE: msn 8 live ... by percy1105 on 10-01-2006 at 08:41 PM

in this case ; i can not take a screen; biecausei don know how to do it.

but msn content plus.. i hate it and i tried to delete it by som program like : spybot;spywareblaste and  avg free and windows registry repair pro  but it still working ... i wana kill it... i wana kick it out my laptop... i wana destroy it... gruuuu

RE: msn 8 live ... by Aardvark on 10-02-2006 at 04:06 AM

1. Give us a screenshot
2. This is a problem with WLM, not MsgPlus, so you should be asking the Microsoft Support Staff, as hopeless as they are they DO infact have a solution for this problem
3. In the message the Support Staff will send you will contain a direct link to the Journal Viewer, plus the security update
4. Try and improve your language so it's easier to read
5. To do a screenshot press the Print Screen button, or PrtSrn, located next to Scroll lock and F12. Then open paint or your choice of image editor and paste the shot in there.

RE: msn 8 live ... by percy1105 on 10-04-2006 at 12:03 AM

ummm
first ; i so sorry about my english; iim studying english now... [3months already]

i click FN+ F11[PRINT SCRN-SYSRQ] but i could not see any pic in my pc.

and when i login i always get dis... [ my network gets dis too.]

umm how can i do now sir?... i realy want to talk to my friend...[my girl friend]..T_T

i can not use hand writing and now i can not login msn

now im using Trillian but my friend can not draw or anything to me...

thanks

RE: msn 8 live ... by MattyRid on 10-04-2006 at 12:07 AM

after doing your keyboard sequence opening paint and going Edit -> Paste

then saving it to something like your desktop

and then uploading it to http://imageshack.us

then post the imageshack link here

always helps when taking a screenshot!!!

RE: msn 8 live ... by Aardvark on 10-05-2006 at 12:02 PM

Yay much better english:) And of course, if print screen doesn't work, there's always the digital camera! Just take a pic using that and upload it to the site MattyRid gave you, and don't forget about trying to contact Microsoft with this issue too!