Shoutbox

Website problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Website problem (/showthread.php?tid=66270)

Website problem by Exca on 09-15-2006 at 10:11 AM

www.exca.be

I have the problem with the musicplayer. It's on the index-page but if you click a link, it's gone because it loads another page... I can put it on every page but then it starts again everytime. How do i make it stay? Should I make the darkgray area the mainframe? And the main site-window the changing variable?

I can't make frames in frontpage at the moment....

[Image: naamlooskv3.th.jpg]

I also know nothhing about css and my server can't run php. My whole site is in html and the main textwindow works on an Iframe so a scrollbar appears if the page is too long...

tnx in advance :)

RE: Website problem by Sunshine on 09-15-2006 at 10:41 AM

Wherever you put it, it should be in a frame that stays when changing pages.

Try coding your website in something else then Frontpage..like ehmm Notepad++?

More about frames

P.S. I'd place the player somewhere near the other menu's (header section or on top in navigation bit), this will make it easier for ppl to find if they do not wish music on.

RE: Website problem by Exca on 09-15-2006 at 11:03 AM

I tried but I cant place the player in my design... The positioning is then relative... I place it ON my design instead of IN. So then the player would fly in every browser on a different place, which is not the meaning. Also when I would find a way to place it in my design, then it's the design that can't be refreshed, as it has to stay and play on all pages.... which is even more difficult to do... ??

then, notepad... it's to complex with the sliced design and everything... and it needs to work on every screen resolution in most browsers as it does now.

RE: Website problem by rav0 on 09-15-2006 at 11:42 AM

Put it in a popup?

RE: Website problem by Exca on 09-15-2006 at 12:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Put it in a popup?

ahhh popups are ugly and annoying :-) i want to integrate it
RE: Website problem by Exca on 09-16-2006 at 11:54 AM

Hmmz, i tried with a frame script and it's not good either, on different resolutions the frame hides away parts of my site or is either too far away...

As sunshine said, i'd like to integrate it in the design, so it will need more professional coding. Is it possible to let the design stay and let only the textwindow change in the whole site? Either with css, html, flash.... whatever

Edit: I found a guy's site which is what I need:

http://www.arckodrazen.com/

You click a button and only the inner page refreshes...

RE: Website problem by Exca on 09-22-2006 at 03:06 PM

Problem solved :-)

www.exca.be

I spent the last 14 days trying different codes. Look: everybody uses flash to reach what I did in html :)

And yes it works perfect on any browser.

greets!

PS: i can put the musicplayer anywhere, also in the design, as nothing refreshes anymore, only the text. So that's something for later :)

RE: Website problem by rav0 on 09-22-2006 at 11:10 PM

Doesn't that mean that it's not possible to link from outside to any page other than home?

RE: RE: Website problem by Exca on 09-23-2006 at 08:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Doesn't that mean that it's not possible to link from outside to any page other than home?

Indeed, but that's the fact on every website with only text-changing coding.