Shoutbox

HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." (/showthread.php?tid=66297)

HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." by ria927 on 09-15-2006 at 11:14 PM

when ever i go on some of my convos. on msn it starts to freak out by putting the popup "i got my msn names from....."  in the convo and it never stops please help me to get rid of it casue it just keeps on puttin it in the convo and never stops so i cant type anything in the convo. how do i get rid of it. ????

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by _Humphreys on 09-15-2006 at 11:16 PM

Sounds like some crap you've downloaded, I suggest trying to re-install Windows Live/MSN and then see if it's gone.

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by ria927 on 09-15-2006 at 11:17 PM

i tried that already. many times

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by _Humphreys on 09-15-2006 at 11:19 PM

I think you have downloaded something to make this happen so look in the Add/Uninstall section in the control panel to see if you can uninstall it if not try a spyware remover and afterwards try re-installing Messenger.

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by Chris4 on 09-15-2006 at 11:28 PM

You've installed IM-Names.

To remove it, go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove it.

Read CookieRevised's Reply to 'annoying messages'

http://www.im-names.com/help.html

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by cloudhunter on 09-15-2006 at 11:31 PM

Use some anti spyware adware software.

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by ria927 on 09-15-2006 at 11:33 PM

that program is not there..

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by _Humphreys on 09-15-2006 at 11:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by IM Names Site
How can I disable the IM Names tell a friend program?
IM Names has a powerful fun feature to tell your friends about IM Names without the headache of telling EACH friend about it. This is how we let other people know about our application. If you wish to remove this function from our software you can do so by changing the program's options, or by uninstalling it via Ad/Remove Programs in your control panel.

Persuming you have installed IM Names and not something else then you should follow the above text.
RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by Chris4 on 09-16-2006 at 12:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Persuming you have installed IM Names and not something else then you should follow the above text.
He said it's not there, so he can't.

ria927, what is the message? Is it saying "I got my msn names from http://www.IM-Names.com" ?

If it is, go to C:\Program Files\ and delete the entire folder called 'IM Names'.

If it doesn't allow you to do this, do CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to IM-svr.EXE and 'End Process'. Then try deleting the folder in Program Files.
RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by ria927 on 09-16-2006 at 12:14 AM

where do you go to get C:\Program Files\

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by cloudhunter on 09-16-2006 at 12:17 AM

You go to My Computer, then C:\, then click the Program Files directory.

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by ria927 on 09-16-2006 at 12:19 AM

i dont see the file name

or i dont see  IM-svr.EXE when i ctrl + alt + delete it

it is acess denieing it when i press delete on the program files

RE: HEP PLEASE!!!!!! by Chris4 on 09-16-2006 at 02:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
ria927, what is the message? Is it saying "I got my msn names from http://www.IM-Names.com" ?

Well.........????

quote:
Originally posted by ria927
it is acess denieing it when i press delete on the program files

Don't delete the Program Files! You go INTO Program Files. Then there are lots of folders. Delete the one that says IM-Names (or simular)
RE: HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." by Felu on 09-16-2006 at 05:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
1. Close Messenger and Press Alt+Ctrl+Del.
2. Task manager opens up.
3. There go to the process tab.(if you don't find it see points 4 n 5)
4. Right click on any program.(only for point 3)
5. Chose go to process.(only for point 3)
6. Locate the im-svr.exe process.
7. Right click on it.
8. Click on end process tree and not end process.
9. Go to C: program files/im-names and delete the folder.
12. Restart messenger.

[Image: msn_wink.gif]
RE: HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." by koolkid95 on 05-16-2007 at 01:53 AM

i waz lookin at this convo but i tried erthing u guys said but nun worked.... anyone got sum betr ideas???

RE: RE: HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." by Vilkku on 05-16-2007 at 05:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by koolkid95
i waz lookin at this convo but i tried erthing u guys said but nun worked.... anyone got sum betr ideas???

quote:
quote:

Well.........????

RE: HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." by Chris-S1 on 09-12-2007 at 05:06 PM

needing hellp i see well hears what to do

You download this program called: MoveOnBoot

It's free and this simple tool allows you to Move, Copy or Delete files before Windows can lock or alter the files. The changes are made to your hard drive before Windows starts, hence it requires a restart of your system after you give MoveOnBoot its instructions. There are no messy boot or DOS commands, just a simple 3-step process.

Step 1: Locate the name of the file that is causing your problems.

Step 2: Decide if you want to copy, move or delete the file.

Step 3. Choose a destination for moving the file, or a new file name for the rename option (this option won't appear if you are deleting a file).

Well technically just delete the file using MoveOnBoot and then restart your computer! It totally works! I used to have IM Names too.

if u need enny hellp add me on Chris-S@hotmail.com !! :D

RE: HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." by exbox on 09-12-2007 at 08:22 PM

Its been a while since we heard about this nasty problem...

RE: HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." by ZakJast on 01-24-2008 at 09:58 PM

man i got it and it worked so its gone now refer to chris4 for it cause his advice worked

RE: HELP PLEASE!!!! "I got my msn names from..." by Chris4 on 01-25-2008 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZakJast
man i got it and it worked so its gone now refer to chris4 for it cause his advice worked
Glad you got it fixed :)