Shoutbox

New Script Ideas - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: New Script Ideas (/showthread.php?tid=66394)

New Script Ideas by kvnhmmd on 09-18-2006 at 02:50 AM

Have any script ideas? If so, post them here!

RE: New Script Ideas by Voldemort on 09-18-2006 at 02:53 AM

thats exactly why people create [request] or [suggestion]  threads :P, and they can have continuity on their own thread...

RE: New Script Ideas by kvnhmmd on 09-18-2006 at 02:57 AM

I'm hoping that someone will come out with a script that will let you ignore your contacts, not block them, but ignore them, by blocking their messages from getting sent to you. They will see you online, but when they talk to you, they will get a message saying "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:"

The only other program that i've seen that offered this option is Gilly Messenger Which you can download by clicking HERE

RE: New Script Ideas by Deco on 09-18-2006 at 01:47 PM

Well this could easily be done. But it would be something like:

A sends you a message: hi my sweet best friend
Your script doesn't show you the message and auto replies: Your message wasn't delivered because I'm ignoring you.

Bad things about it: after receiving a message like that I'm pretty sure they'll send a couple more asking why!

Is that what you wanteD?

RE: RE: New Script Ideas by MicroWay on 09-18-2006 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Deco
Well this could easily be done. But it would be something like:

A sends you a message: hi my sweet best friend
Your script doesn't show you the message and auto replies: Your message wasn't delivered because I'm ignoring you.

Bad things about it: after receiving a message like that I'm pretty sure they'll send a couple more asking why!

Is that what you wanteD?

Or they will never more say something to the person who has the script
RE: New Script Ideas by Chris4 on 09-18-2006 at 03:14 PM

If you search the forums, a thread called "Script Request - Ignore specific contacts", a script has been made to ignore contacts.

Just go to Plus! > Preferences > Scripts > "Create New", call it Ignore Script, paste the code and save.

Then use !ignore to ignore a contact and !unignore to stop ignoring them.

All credit to markee for making it.

code:
var list = Array();

function OnEvent_ChatWndReceiveMessage(ChatWnd,Origin,Message,MessageKind)
{
for (i=0; i<list.length;i++)
{
if (Origin === Messenger.MyContacts.GetContact(list[i]).Name)
{
ChatWnd.SendMessage("/close")
}
else
{
return Message;
}
}
}

function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd,Message)
{
if (Message === "!ignore")
{
var ChatWndContacts = ChatWnd.Contacts;
if(ChatWndContacts.Count == 1)
{
var e = new Enumerator(ChatWndContacts);
var Contact = e.item();
list[list.length] = Contact.Email
}
return "";
ChatWnd.SendMessage("/close")
}
else if (Message === "!unignore")
{
var ChatWndContacts = ChatWnd.Contacts;
if(ChatWndContacts.Count == 1)
{
var e = new Enumerator(ChatWndContacts);
var Contact = e.item();
for (i=0;i<list.length;i++)
{
if(Contact.Name === list[i])
{
list[i] = "";
}
}
return "";
}
}
}

RE: New Script Ideas by kvnhmmd on 09-19-2006 at 12:43 AM

That is a cool script, but it does fail sometimes (not trying to be picky or anything), but what I was talking about what a script that actually blocks the message from even getting to your msn messenger, and a message comes back to the contact saying "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:" It is possible to do, since it has been done in Gilly Messenger. The reason why this is a great feature is that you can ignore some annoying person, and have them think that it's their problem that im not getting their messages, so they dont keep saying "are you there?"

RE: New Script Ideas by deAd on 09-19-2006 at 01:10 AM

That's beyond scripts, you need access to the protocol to do that (ie: changing outgoing/incoming information)

RE: New Script Ideas by markee on 09-19-2006 at 05:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
That is a cool script, but it does fail sometimes (not trying to be picky or anything), but what I was talking about what a script that actually blocks the message from even getting to your msn messenger, and a message comes back to the contact saying "The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:" It is possible to do, since it has been done in Gilly Messenger. The reason why this is a great feature is that you can ignore some annoying person, and have them think that it's their problem that im not getting their messages, so they dont keep saying "are you there?"
As soon as StuffPlug 3 is released (or Plus includes sending action text as part of the scripting engine [Image: msn_angel.gif]) I will adjust this script so that it can do just that, until then it is not in my power to make the likes of a .dll that can make action texts or something simular.  I also need to find out how to close a chat window using the WLM API so it can be done quicker and more efficiently, the reason why I haven't researched this yet was because I forgot about it and it was ages ago.  And a thanks to Chris4 for actually finding it, I forgot that I had even made the script [Image: msn_embarrassed.gif].
RE: New Script Ideas by cloudhunter on 09-19-2006 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
quote:
Originally posted by kvnhmmd
As soon as StuffPlug 3 is released (or Plus includes sending action text as part of the scripting engine [Image: msn_angel.gif]) I will adjust this script so that it can do just that, until then it is not in my power to make the likes of a .dll that can make action texts or something simular.  I also need to find out how to close a chat window using the WLM API so it can be done quicker and more efficiently, the reason why I haven't researched this yet was because I forgot about it and it was ages ago.  And a thanks to Chris4 for actually finding it, I forgot that I had even made the script [Image: msn_embarrassed.gif].

It has nothing to do with action texts unfortuneately. It's something that shows itself sometimes, when messages cant be delivered. To get it to say that on WLM, you would need to physically stop the message from getting to the client.

Cloudy
RE: New Script Ideas by Deco on 09-19-2006 at 07:43 PM

I would guess that you could change the response packet from msn with the outgoing packet. If you sniff long enough you could probably find out what your msn sends to the server when it's "apearing offline" so that the other user gets the message that it might not be delivered.
And then send that packet instead of a "ok I got the message" one.

That would be my take on it anyway but no time available to even try.

RE: New Script Ideas by deAd on 09-19-2006 at 08:38 PM

Not really. The message that it wasn't delivered is sent to the sender by the Messenger server.

When you change your status to appear offline, Messenger just tells the server that you've signed out.

RE: New Script Ideas by Spunky on 09-19-2006 at 08:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deAd
When you change your status to appear offline, Messenger just tells the server that you've signed out.

Wouldn't that mean that you stop receiving information from the server? It must tell the server that you're appearing offline and still want the information of your contact list... surely...
RE: New Script Ideas by Shondoit on 09-19-2006 at 09:19 PM

But even if you really are offline, the contact wouldn't receive the message, because then it's send as an offline message

I think it could be possible to fake the message, by sending an action message saying the message couldn't be delivered (But you'd have to know the language, or else he could notice)

RE: New Script Ideas by deAd on 09-19-2006 at 09:29 PM

My mistake, let me clarify. It doesn't send a signing out message. It sends that your status is changing to Offline, which is also sent before you sign out. However, without the signout messages, Messenger continues to receive contact list information and normal messages.

When you sign out, all that your contacts' clients see is the status changing message. Only the server knows if you're really offline.

RE: New Script Ideas by markee on 09-19-2006 at 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit

I think it could be possible to fake the message, by sending an action message saying the message couldn't be delivered (But you'd have to know the language, or else he could notice)
This is exactly why if I could send an action message I would be able to fake it and make the recipient beleive that I didn't get the message, but I could still get a copy of it for light reading later if I so desire.
RE: New Script Ideas by deAd on 09-19-2006 at 09:43 PM

Action messages and Plus! colors would work fine, you'd also need that one icon as an emoticon, and to know if the contact had plus/what language (as said above).

RE: New Script Ideas by cloudhunter on 09-19-2006 at 11:52 PM

However, if the person doesn't use plus they wont see the plus colour codes. If you can find a way of stopping the message being sent to the client, then the server will see it as not being delivered.

Cloudy

RE: New Script Ideas by deAd on 09-19-2006 at 11:57 PM

I doubt that, I don't think the client sends a verification message to the server to say it was received :P if it was or not is picked up by the server.

RE: New Script Ideas by cloudhunter on 09-20-2006 at 12:04 AM

Hmm... Well how about sending the server a close message every time the session is opened? There have been instances when i've had to repeat a message, as it said it wasn't delivered because at the very same moment they had closed the window.

Cloudy

RE: New Script Ideas by CookieRevised on 09-20-2006 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
(...) I also need to find out how to close a chat window using the WLM API so it can be done quicker and more efficiently
Already done, shown and explaned...

Simply send the window message WM_CLOSE to the chat window.

eg: Plik's reply to is this possible.
etc... (search for WM_CLOSE)

------

As for how the messages are sent, how the server knows you are offline or not, how the verification of sent message work, etc...  I'd suggest to read:

http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/index.php  (site is not updated in a long time so it doesn't contain all the ins and outs of the new protocol versions, though it will give you the most detailed explanation there is to find)
http://msnpiki.msnfanatic.com/ (has some (more up to date) info too but not quite as much as on hypothetic.org).

(instead of guessing ;):p <= EDIT: and this was said in general; at no-one specific ;))
RE: New Script Ideas by deAd on 09-20-2006 at 02:24 AM

I wasn't guessing :O I've read a lot of that and also done some bot work :P