Shoutbox

MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login (/showthread.php?tid=66406)

MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by erinbeari on 09-18-2006 at 01:14 PM

My sister uses MSN Explorer, and cannot be convinced to switch browsers.  She likes that it auto-runs and logs her into Messenger and keeps track of her contacts right in the browser window.  Whatever, if it makes her happy...  Anyways, I added Messenger Plus! for her, because I thought she'd like playing with the fonts and colours and sounds and all that fun stuff.  The problem is that the Configuration Wizard runs everytime she logs into MSN Explorer and Windows Live Messenger loads up.  This is not a big deal, she just has to hit close; but she is not extremely computer literate to begin with and the annoyance factor gets her extremely frustrated.  Is there some way to get that Wizard to stop running?

RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by Chris4 on 09-18-2006 at 03:28 PM

Stupid question maybe, maybe not, but have you definitely completeed the Configuration Wizard ?

RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by erinbeari on 09-18-2006 at 05:20 PM

10 times today alone.  That doesn't include the time when we first installed it, or the dozen times a day since then...
Sometimes she (or I, when I am attempting to troubleshoot it) just hits close.  But the first time, and numerous times since then, we have run through it page by page...

RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by saralk on 09-18-2006 at 06:27 PM

try this:

Go to Start > Run > type "regedit" > Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live\YOUR SISTER'S EMAIL ADDRESS\Preferences > Click on FirstStart and change the value to a 0

RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by erinbeari on 09-18-2006 at 06:50 PM

Well, it appears to have resolved itself.... Weird!

RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by Chris4 on 09-18-2006 at 06:56 PM

Not weird at all.

That stops it from popping up at start-up.

RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by erinbeari on 09-18-2006 at 07:07 PM

No, I mean, the value was already set to 0 when I opened it, and then I asked my sister and she said today it just didn't pop up again... after almost a week of annoyance and trying everything I could think of to fix it... I guess it just finally registered it in the registry key.

RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by erinbeari on 09-18-2006 at 07:09 PM

Anyways, I am not going to question it.  I am going to assume that the gods of the Bug thread fixed it for us.... lol *wink*

RE: MSN Explorer + WLM + Messenger Plus! = Configuration Wizard on EVERY login by stuartbennett on 09-19-2006 at 05:31 AM

i too use MSN Explorer browser with live messenger and plus live, to be honest i have never encountered the bug mentioned here, yes each time i sign in as an account other than my main one i do get the config window come up, but thats because if ever im going into another account from my machine it would only be for testing or troubleshooting purposes so no need to set up plus in those instances. anyways glad to hear its all sorted.