Shoutbox

Can't install MP!L - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Can't install MP!L (/showthread.php?tid=66426)

Can't install MP!L by zephyranthez on 09-19-2006 at 06:43 AM

I downloaded MP!L today, and tried to install. I double clicked the downloaded file but it only show one flash of a black screen and then it closed without installing one bit of data.

I tried running the exe file manually from command prompt and it said stuff like program too big

btw I am using Win Live Msg 8.0.0812.00

this question might be asked by somebody else, so if there are any answer out there please redirect me. thx

RE: Can't install MP!L by user27089 on 09-19-2006 at 06:45 AM

Did you download it from the official source? Go to http://msgpluslive.net/download.php and download the latest software, saving it to your documents, then run it from there.

You have to be an admin to install it.

RE: Can't install MP!L by zephyranthez on 09-19-2006 at 06:53 AM

yes this is my personal laptop, and I did downloaded it from the official source. I'm currently redownloading it in case the file was corrupted...

[edit]
I redownloaded the installer and the same problem still occurs

command prompt alert me
"Program too big to fit in memory"

[another edit]
actually I also tried to install MSNBackup117.exe and the same problem appears. this is most probably caused by some wrong settings from my WinXP Home. can anybody help? thanks

RE: Can't install MP!L by RaceProUK on 09-19-2006 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zephyranthez
"Program too big to fit in memory"
That's not a standard Windows error. You may want to run a virus scan.
RE: Can't install MP!L by zephyranthez on 09-19-2006 at 09:47 AM

thanks for support guys, but I actually found out where my problem was. it was because I downloaded the file with GetRight. I don't know what caused the problem, but I disabled GetRight and download manually, and it works just fine