Shoutbox

View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? (/showthread.php?tid=66464)

View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? by simonpublic on 09-20-2006 at 11:09 AM

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help a dummy!!
Is it possible to view the contents of an hotmail inbox in messenger.
Im sure before that I had this option, but now cant find it.
Basically I would like to see my inbox in messenger rather than having to click the email link, wait for IE to slowly open, wait for Windows Live Mail to very slowly open, just to see an email that I got yesterday but forgot to mark as read!!
Any ideas are appreciated
Im using Messenger Live V8.0 and messenger Plus V4.01

RE: View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? by Felu on 09-20-2006 at 11:11 AM

Windows Live Today? Is that what you meant [Image: xso_rolleyes.gif]?

RE: View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? by simonpublic on 09-20-2006 at 11:20 AM

not sure, maybe - will that show my email headers from within Messenger?

RE: View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? by Felu on 09-20-2006 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by simonpublic
Yes it will show E-Mail headers within Messenger itself. It it just the MSN Today renamed [Image: msn_wink.gif].
RE: View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? by simonpublic on 09-20-2006 at 11:26 AM

yep - i think that was it.  i had removed the windows live today with messpatch, doh!

Thanks for the help

RE: View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? by Nagamasa on 09-20-2006 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
Windows Live Today? Is that what you meant ?

quote:
Originally posted by simonpublic

Windows Live Today only shows your inbox. And also, WLM does not detect new mail from  your folders, but a pop-up toast will appear.

You mean folders right?
RE: View Hotmail Inbox contents from Messenger? by rav0 on 09-20-2006 at 11:29 AM

If you didn't know, it's the newspaper icon to the left of the paintbrush icon. If you want, you can have it show automatically when you sign in (General Options).