Shoutbox

Computer Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Computer Problems (/showthread.php?tid=66513)

Computer Problems by habs6091 on 09-22-2006 at 12:22 AM

Every time I try to open IE it closes right away without an error message. And when I try to open my computer, control panel, my documents...you name it, my computer screen just shows the background and then reloads everything. Help Please!

habs6091

RE: Computer Problems by Ezra on 09-22-2006 at 12:38 AM

Scanned for virusses or ad/spyware?

RE: RE: Computer Problems by habs6091 on 09-22-2006 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Scanned for virusses or ad/spyware?

yup
RE: Computer Problems by Nagamasa on 09-22-2006 at 12:45 AM

What version IE, Windows do you have?

RE: RE: Computer Problems by habs6091 on 09-22-2006 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
What version IE, Windows do you have?

IE7 RC1    Windows XP Home
RE: Computer Problems by Nagamasa on 09-22-2006 at 01:17 AM

Did this happen with IE 6?

RE: Computer Problems by Hank on 09-22-2006 at 01:23 AM

sounds like spyware to me.. even knowing its old run/download Ad-Aware SE , not all spyware/ad-aware programs do a great job thats why its best to use a few to find spyware

RE: Computer Problems by habs6091 on 09-22-2006 at 01:36 AM

I tried re-installing NAV because i was having problems wih it to and it seems to of fixed the My computer problems, now just IE is shutting down, and when i try ad-aware it shuts down my computer after a scan

RE: Computer Problems by NiteMare on 09-22-2006 at 02:54 AM

are you in the USA, and are you using froniter as your ISP

we are having problems with IE closeing a few seconds after it opens, we susspect its a virus or new exploit

RE: Computer Problems by rav0 on 09-22-2006 at 07:29 AM

From the symptoms you describe, I can see that you have a virus infection or corruption in explorer. I recomend scanning for viruses using an online scanner (is less vunerable to viruses itself). If virus scanners keep telling you that there is no infection, reinstall Windows to fix explorer.

RE: RE: Computer Problems by djnerve on 09-22-2006 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
From the symptoms you describe, I can see that you have a virus infection or corruption in explorer. I recomend scanning for viruses using an online scanner (is less vunerable to viruses itself). If virus scanners keep telling you that there is no infection, reinstall Windows to fix explorer.

hehe slight problem their, he cant open IE
Try going into safemode and virus scaning / spyware. also if this doesnt  work try a system restore?
RE: Computer Problems by rav0 on 09-22-2006 at 10:33 PM

Try to run an online scan using another browser. If you don't have another browser, see if you can get one on disk.

I wouldn't expect System Restore to fix the problem, because the problem is affecting a fundamental part of Windows.

Reinstalling almost certainly will fix the problem.

RE: Computer Problems by habs6091 on 09-24-2006 at 06:14 PM

Thanks everyone for your help, i tried many virus and spyware scans and it eventually fixed:D

Thanks
habs6091