Shoutbox

Hardware Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Hardware Problems (/showthread.php?tid=66523)

Hardware Problems by Lourix on 09-22-2006 at 05:52 AM

When I plug in my PSP or camera's etc it tells you what they are but it doesn't pop up with anything. Like if you want to access the files or cancel it all together. Do you know how I can change this thanks!

RE: Hardware Problems by user27089 on 09-22-2006 at 06:45 AM

I'm guessing you mean the window that pops up asking you how to treat the files that are on the device?

Okay, go to My Computer > Right Click on the device in question > Autoplay and then check the radio button that says "Prompt me each time to choose an action."

RE: Hardware Problems by Lourix on 09-22-2006 at 03:32 PM

I know but also it doesn't pop up in My Computer I know it finds it because it says in corner what the device is.

RE: RE: Hardware Problems by littlemenace on 09-22-2006 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
I know but also it doesn't pop up in My Computer I know it finds it because it says in corner what the device is.

Hi I dont own a PSP but dont you need to switch it to USB mode?
RE: Hardware Problems by Steven on 09-23-2006 at 07:53 PM

What you need to do is simple, first if its a psp, make sure its in USB MODE by going to system settings>usb connection.

When you go to my computer, you will most likely see (if its a psp thats connected) "E Removable disk". Ok, Right now i want you connect your camara, or psp to your computer, and go to My Computer,, and tell me what you see.

Edit: Also try using a different USB cord.