Shoutbox

What were you scared of when you were young? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What were you scared of when you were young? (/showthread.php?tid=66625)

What were you scared of when you were young? by prashker on 09-24-2006 at 11:09 PM

When I was very young I was scared of E.T. :D

[Image: 22.jpg]

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Stigmata on 09-24-2006 at 11:16 PM

hmm normally i repress these sorta things

but like a couple of years ago i fell ill..

and i my mind started playing tricks on me..

it was like what drug users call "a bad trip"

basically i was in bed and my mind was telling me that i was eating my teeth and my knuckles

ive never been so scared in my life

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Weyzza on 09-24-2006 at 11:29 PM

I got a furry rat toy that could crawl on a surface or bed as my 3rd birthday gift.
It scared the shit out of me :dodgy:

I think my parents still have that thing.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by DarkMe on 09-24-2006 at 11:33 PM

maybe i was scared of those brighting dolls eyes
i dunno 8-)

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Chris4 on 09-24-2006 at 11:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
basically i was in bed and my mind was telling me that i was eating my teeth and my knuckles

OMFG :|

Poor you <3

What's that called when you get that?

quote:
What were you scared of when you were young?
Depends how young you mean. I still am young :banana:

I'm still scared of...

Heights - Fear of falling :-\
Tarantulas - If I came across one of them, I would freak out (No one get ideas :P)
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Voldemort on 09-24-2006 at 11:35 PM

quote:
couple of years
quote:
:O :P

hmm
i got scared like a week when i was about 5 because my room has an extra large window and i saw the sky and thought aliens were coming  :P  lol
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by brian on 09-24-2006 at 11:36 PM

when I was small, I used to be scared when eating any seeds from any fruit that I would grow a tree of it in my stomach ;>

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by DarkMe on 09-24-2006 at 11:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
when I was small, I used to be scared when eating any seeds from any fruit that I would grow a tree of it in my stomach ;>
i read a story about it on a 2nd grade book :rofl:
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Kenji on 09-24-2006 at 11:38 PM

Scaryest thing..

Would have to be where i would just randomly wake up in the middle of the night and run around for no reason thinking that something was after me. After i ran around i would sit down shaking like mad. it happend a few months ago. happend about 20 times or so..

fucken scary.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by prashker on 09-24-2006 at 11:41 PM

I was also scared of the 'eye' that you had to run around to kill it in Super Mario 64 :p

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by MX-G on 09-24-2006 at 11:44 PM

when i was young, dark scared me a lot, aliens too :P. But now, dark is my friend :D

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Chrono on 09-24-2006 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSpam
When I was very young I was scared of E.T.
you're still young :P

i cant remember of something that scared me really :P. Maybe that skull-like toy that had fluorescent eyes and teeth :lol: i always covered it with something at nights :lol:
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Nathan on 09-24-2006 at 11:51 PM

I got up in the middle in the night and went into my brothers room and started to throw things at the wall cos i thought it was closing in on me. so damn scary

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by wolfeboy100 on 09-24-2006 at 11:59 PM

I was scared of the toilet :( , I thought i would fall in.

RE: RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Chris4 on 09-25-2006 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wolfeboy100

:|!!

So where did you go? :P
RE: RE: RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by wolfeboy100 on 09-25-2006 at 12:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
quote:

:|!!

So where did you go? :P

one of those training potties lol
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by MX-G on 09-25-2006 at 01:22 AM

quote:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by DarkMe on 09-25-2006 at 01:26 AM

quote:
or maybe he used diapers :rofl:
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Supersonicdarky on 09-25-2006 at 01:40 AM

i was scared of the basement and a page in a book that had a picture of a black whole and said "if this was a real black whole you would be sucked in immidiatly and your molecules would be ripped appart" or sumthing. never looked at the page sinse

(before i was 8)

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by NanaFreak on 09-25-2006 at 01:49 AM

lol when i was like 5 we got diablo 1 and i was so freaking scared that i would just walk around the town where no men are :rofl:

RE: RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by wolfeboy100 on 09-25-2006 at 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
quote:
or maybe he used diapers :rofl:

no i quit using diapers by age of 2 or 3
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by azn angel on 09-25-2006 at 04:38 AM

i was scared of Mr Bean.. not too sure why
i still kinda am afraid of the dark well not so much the dark but what lurks in the dark.. as in rapists etc.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Reload2 on 09-25-2006 at 04:54 AM

I was scared of the banhammer :P
* Reload2 runs from the :banh:

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Aeryn on 09-25-2006 at 10:12 AM

I was afraid of the dark and also ghosts, aliens and such.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by lordy on 09-25-2006 at 11:13 AM

I remember that I was meant to be in bed one night, and I went out into the lounge room, and my mum was watching a movie. I watched the movie for about a minute, but that minute was of a woman that had been put in a coffin and buried alive. Ever since then I've had a horrible fear of being buried alive. I have nightmares and such.

I'm also claustrophic since then, tight spaces make me think about being buried alive :P

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by mezzanine on 09-25-2006 at 11:21 AM

quote:
What were you scared of when you were young?

YOU.

---

I was afraid of spiders. I still am.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Underlord on 09-25-2006 at 11:23 AM

The axe wielding maniac who lurked in the dark...

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by azn angel on 09-25-2006 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mezzanine

I was afraid of spiders. I still am.
oh yes, i have an uber fear of them >.<
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by haydos on 09-25-2006 at 11:59 AM

Heights pretty much. I used to have dreams that I was somewhere normal (like a shopping centre for example) and for some reason there was a small gap in the floor on a high up floor. It was easy to make the jump, but in my dreams I would always mistime the jump and fall down :sad:

Still a little scared of heights...

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Steven on 09-25-2006 at 12:04 PM

Im scared of falling from very high heights, and Still kinda scared
of bees. Anyone else share this problem? Once i was so scared (it could be my ad/hd pills making me anxuos) ((I can't spell sorry)) that Ididn't even want to take out the garbage because
what if a bee came and stung me? Out of fury!

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by RaPLeX on 09-25-2006 at 12:24 PM

lets play F.E.A.R. :D

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by x2zen on 09-25-2006 at 12:27 PM

A dog attacked me when I was 6 years old I have been scared of dogs ever since.

Edit: I'm not afraid of small dogs anymore, only the big ones :p

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by John Anderton on 09-25-2006 at 12:36 PM

Nothing.
If you pop out of a corner when im walking alone in the dark obviously ill take a step back and be surprised. Other than that, nothing really :)

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by ins4ne on 09-25-2006 at 01:26 PM

i was scared of girls :S didnt like them...

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Kenji on 09-25-2006 at 01:42 PM

I was also scared of florecent lights cause one exploded above me.

quote:
Originally posted by ins4ne

was you :gay:?
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by MeEtc on 09-25-2006 at 01:51 PM

The dehumidifier at my grandparents house. It was in thier basement, and would turn on randomly. It would scare me when it came on, just because it was loud and i wouldn't expect it.

Thunder, at least before I was 5. It's loud. 'Nuff said

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by stoshrocket on 09-25-2006 at 03:00 PM

The cookie monster and the big bird from seasamie street.... I mean, c'mon, if they caught me in a dark alley at my age i'd still be scared shitless :P

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Lourix on 09-25-2006 at 03:14 PM

It had to be wasps.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Shondoit on 09-25-2006 at 09:21 PM

When I was about eleven years old, I saw the movie The Rock. It was about two guys who had to bring back stolen nervegas (well, it was a 16+ movie)
at some point in the movie, one of those green capsules of nervegas broke, and you'd see some guys uh... cripling away, disolving, whatever...
I couldn't sleep all night, and I was afraid for the color green for months

Also, 'bout a year ago, I was asleep, had a bad dream and woke up... I got out of my bed, and suddenly there was an arm sticking out of the wall, so I runned upstairs to the attick. But there the lights moved and stuff. It really scared the (...) out of me. Than I really woke up
It was so scary because I thought it was real, I dreamed that I woke up...

I'm not afraid of green anymore. I'm not afraid of anything, except for something unexpected
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by ins4ne on 09-25-2006 at 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic

quote:

wtf? :@ no!!! but they were strange
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by prashker on 09-25-2006 at 09:50 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic

quote:

wtf? :@ no!!! but they were strange

cooties :P
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by lizard.boy on 09-25-2006 at 10:30 PM

I was, and still am, freaked out by things touching me that I can't see or don't expect, either in the dark or underwater. (Underwater really freaks me out.

One thing i mostly got over was the fear of the dark. I could never go into our basement in the dark before we moved.

Also, to this day I'm definatly not fond of hights.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Voldemort on 09-25-2006 at 10:31 PM

i am scared of harry potty finding my hocrux and of snapey raping me.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by lrac522 on 09-26-2006 at 03:35 AM

Girls... :lol:

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Pinchichuv on 09-26-2006 at 04:24 AM

CLOWNS, when i was young :lol: my big brother (who is 5 years older than me) made me watch the movie "it" and damn  since then the clowns creaps me out

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by dylan! on 09-26-2006 at 04:55 AM

only thing that really scared me was a dream I kept having and still but rarely have it....I cant really describe it but when I think about it I can just see it. my old house was in a bad neighborhood and I would always have nightmares about me going outside my house and everything was dark and zomby-like and there was dead bodies and blood everywhere and the light above my door had a dead baby hanging from it by a rope around its neck(part I remember most) and after the first time I had that nightmare later on that year my dad and I were in the back yard and he was building me a tree house sort of thing and I was sitting on the frame and our neighbor(bums) came running from the alley and ran into his house and I was like WTF and then a big guy that looked like the Big Show from wrestling wearing a drench coat pulled out a gun and I told my dad and we went to the basement and he called the police and they arrested him and another time that year someone was stabbed like 4 houses down on the corner of the block and ANOTHER time that year (I was at my mommies house(they were split up) but my daddy was home) and he works early in the morning and he woke up from a gunshot and he couldnt go to work because he couldnt leave the block as someone was shot next door in the house with the 1st incodent and he almost got fired but yeah... we moved but my dad really liked the house but not the neighbor hood so he bought it and now we own it but live somewhere else :cheesy:

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by cloudhunter on 09-26-2006 at 09:16 AM

Well where shall I start :P

We once had this massive panda teddy and I had dreams it was gonna get me :cry:

There were the big winter boots like moon boots my dad used to have which I used to have dreams of them chasing me :(

Recurring dreams scare me... When I have a bad dream and it happens again and again... I used to dread going to sleep :(

The noise of the toilet flushing :S I know it sounds odd, but even until I was about 15 or 16 I used to be scared of it. I think it was just the loud noise. On that note, I was also scared of vacuum cleaners... Still have dread before they turn on but not when they are on.

Moths and spiders... still scare me even now (Little ones are ok). And wasps, but everyone has some kind of fear of them :P

I'm sure I have more, but can't think of them :P

quote:
Originally posted by jchichuv
CLOWNS, when i was young :lol: my big brother (who is 5 years older than me) made me watch the movie "it" and damn  since then the clowns creaps me out

I love that film :D
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by davidpolitis on 09-26-2006 at 11:44 AM

quote:
When I was very young I was scared of E.T. :D
lol. same here. So weird coz I brought this up in class like 2-3 weeks ago in Geography because we had to make a temperature chart thing of the seasons for an alien's planet. The alien's name was jellybottom. lol. :D

It (the clown) is the funniest movie ever. Remember how Georgy's paper boat goes into the drain & It takes it & lures him to him & then eats him & then later on when Geogy's brother opens a photo book or some type of book & blood comes out?
RE: RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by zach on 09-26-2006 at 12:09 PM

I wasn't/aren't scared of anything I don't think... |-)
I wasn't/am not scared of anything, I think. Happy now JA? :@

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
I was, and still am, freaked out by things touching me that I can't see or don't expect, either in the dark or underwater. (Underwater really freaks me out.

Oh yeah I guess I was scared of water and I still am. I've never liked going in the sea because I'm scared I will drown and it hurts my skin.

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Thunder, at least before I was 5. It's loud. 'Nuff said

That reminds me... I didn't like fireworks because it was too loud.
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by John Anderton on 09-26-2006 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
I wasn't/aren't scared of anything I don't think...
*I wasn't/am not scared of anything, I think.

quote:
Originally posted by zach
Oh yeah I guess I was scared of water and I still am.
I was kinda woosy once when i was about 5 and they took us in a boat which was wobbling left to right. The guy who was rowing assured me nothing would happed (and nothing did happen) but i did feel it was odd. Not scared of it or anything though :P

I am not the most comfortable person in the world when it comes to leaning off high towers without being tied behind or something. Its just that when my CG shifts forward (off the building), i have to come back :P Call it fear or a sense to keep me safe :tongue:
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by albert on 09-26-2006 at 12:21 PM

I was scared shitless of the Mcdonald guy..

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by John Anderton on 09-26-2006 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alby
I was scared shitless of the Mcdonald guy..
sorry but, :lol:
<3 alby

And you werent scared of clowns? (Isnt Mr McD a clown in yellow McD clothes?)
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by davidpolitis on 09-26-2006 at 06:57 PM

I think he means Ronald Mcdonald.

I used/am scared of ghosts because at my old house the garage (which burnt down thanks to me & my nextdoor neighbour) was hauted & I'm also scared of heights, except for if I climb a really tall tree I'm not scared at all but if it's something high up other than a tree I am.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by FrozenDaggers on 09-26-2006 at 07:07 PM

Dr Who. Exterminators scared the living crap out of me.

AND the dark... but I'm still scared of that. lol 8-)

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by cloudhunter on 09-26-2006 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
Dr Who. Exterminators scared the living crap out of me.

I think the term is "Daleks" :P
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by .Roy on 09-26-2006 at 10:26 PM

Cockroaches

quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Jay
lol when i was like 5 we got diablo 1 and i was so freaking scared that i would just walk around the town where no men are :rofl:

same but for me it was in ZELDA when ur in the town when ur older and everyones a zombie... and when a zombie grabbed u it was very scary ;(
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by lizard.boy on 09-26-2006 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Roy

same but for me it was in ZELDA when ur in the town when ur older and everyones a zombie... and when a zombie grabbed u it was very scary ;(

Haha yeah me too.. I think one of these days i'll sit down with my N64 and beat that game without my gameshark.
RE: RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by blackjack on 09-26-2006 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by davidpolitis
I'm also scared of heights, except for if I climb a really tall tree I'm not scared at all but if it's something high up other than a tree I am.

I think its because when you are in a tree u are grabing a bough* and when u are in other high places u arent holding something.. or there are just some ''Protections'' but you dont feel that much secure :P

And back on topic.. I was scared of ''it'' just like jchichuv.. now when i see one of those movies i just laugh :P..

I also am scared of things i dont know.. Or just to say it in other words ''Future''

How am i gonna die? would i succeed? that kind of things :P

*Not sure if thats the word :P..
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by zach on 09-27-2006 at 11:54 AM

I was scared of the lady in Matilda when I saw it at the movies when I was six.I hid behind the seats :P[Image: co5.jpg]

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by kao on 09-27-2006 at 02:02 PM

something i still get now - Sleep paralysis (or here) =p

though i don't get it much anymore, i used to get it loads, and always when i sleep on my back (hence i always sleep on my front/side now, always).

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by MC Inferno on 09-28-2006 at 12:44 AM

spiders. i fucking hate spiders.

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by zach on 09-28-2006 at 01:02 PM

kao, I would be too. That thing is pretty scary:
[Image: 02.07-fuseli-nmare2.jpg]

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by mwe99 on 09-28-2006 at 01:30 PM

Water... don't ask.. almost drowned once...

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Rik on 09-28-2006 at 03:18 PM

those crippy china dools :P

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Kenji on 09-28-2006 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -Damo
quote:
where i would just randomly wake up in the middle of the night and run around for no reason thinking that something was after me. After i ran around
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
terrified me :P
same with the ghosts, and diablo 1 scared the life outa me :(
bah, i posted that, not sam :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by kao
Thats horrible, i get that, when i wake up i cant move my knee, its really annoyijng, if i try to move it, it feels as some one is violently stabbing me :sad:
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by Max on 09-28-2006 at 04:38 PM

The Bogey Man.

Not the own you're all probably thinking of, the one that was on TV who ate his bogeys. ¬_¬

RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by user27089 on 09-28-2006 at 04:41 PM

Thinking about it, I was never really scared of a lot, I was terrified of the dark :p.

quote:
Originally posted by kao

though i don't get it much anymore, i used to get it loads, and always when i sleep on my back (hence i always sleep on my front/side now, always).

I'm still scared of getting that, it would be the most horrible thing. If I got that every night I'd have to commit suicide.
RE: RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by segosa on 09-28-2006 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Thinking about it, I was never really scared of a lot, I was terrified of the dark :p.

quote:
Originally posted by kao

I'm still scared of getting that, it would be the most horrible thing. If I got that every night I'd have to commit suicide.

I think I used to get that too. It's happened maybe 10 times in my life, one night 3 times in a row.

The first time I experienced it I was lying on my back and as I was falling asleep I tried to move, and found I couldn't. I was lying there on my back with my eyes open unable to move myself. It was scary, as I'd never experienced something like this before. I tried with all my power to move my legs or arms or anything and I found after 10 seconds I could move my feet a bit. Then I managed to move my leg, and I "snapped" out of it and could move my body again.

The second time I was laying on my stomach with my mouth covered by most of the pillow, about to fall asleep, and the same thing happened. Only this time, I felt like I couldn't breathe. I know I could breathe, obviously, because I'd been in that position for a while, but that's not what it felt like. I couldn't move myself and I thought I was suffocating. After 10 seconds of panic I was able to free myself from that state with a jolt.

The night it happened 3 times was the worst, I was lying there ready to fall asleep and for some reason I tried to move at all the wrong times. The moment I realised I was paralysed I could not keep calm, it really isn't bearable (for me) to know you're unable to move. After that I didn't really want to sleep anymore.

I'm glad that the only time I felt afraid of sleep was the night where it happened 3 times, because having a fear of sleeping would be really bad...
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by MeEtc on 09-28-2006 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kao

Yeah, i've had that happen before, but I think it happens to me only when I'm laying down funny, and I can't move one of my feet, and its copmpletly devoid of sensation.

Fortunately, it doesn't happen often to me (maybe once in the past year?)
RE: What were you scared of when you were young? by duck! on 09-28-2006 at 05:53 PM

when i was 6 i used to wake up start hiding my school clothes so i wouldnt have to go to school
it never worked i always used to hide them in the bath...