Shoutbox

(Query) Opening links in default browser - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: (Query) Opening links in default browser (/showthread.php?tid=66645)

(Query) Opening links in default browser by kierant on 09-25-2006 at 05:09 PM

Seeing as Stuffplug has been delayed, is there a script available (or easy to make) that can open links such as Inbox and Spaces in my default browser, Firefox? The feature was very handy in Stuffplug and I'm sure many other people miss it as I do.
Thanks
x

RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by Zahid™ on 09-25-2006 at 05:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
the "check your inbox" button actually doesn't throw an event in scripts, and can't (easily) be manipulated with scripts...

with a normal plugin you can subclass events meaning, you intercept the button click, and execute the code, and send the 'click' on it's normal path...
With scripts you can't do this though, so the only thing I can think of, is make your own button... and put it over the inbox button, but that isn't that easy either...

StuffPlug is going to have this feature (open in default browser) but isn't out yet (for WLM)

If you need any more help, just ask... that's what we're here for

I think you will just have to wait for Stuffplug.
RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by Keikonium on 09-25-2006 at 09:30 PM

Out of my league, and maybe I am wrong, but the Xsniffer script that was made... could that not intercept the click, and redirect the link to open in whatever the default browser is? I know that the default browser is held in a reg key, so maybe that makes things easier.

This is really the only thing I miss from Stuffplug :(.

RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by Ezra on 09-25-2006 at 09:51 PM

Xsniffer simply listens on sockets, it sees packets your receive/sent from/to the internet, not clicks you make in msn

RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by deAd on 09-26-2006 at 01:12 AM

It'd be hard to monitor the clicks too, as that's not a toolbar button control, or a button control, it's a windowless control - meaning it has no handle and is completely drawn/handled by messenger internally.

RE: RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by Three6Mafia on 09-26-2006 at 01:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
Xsniffer simply listens on sockets, it sees packets your receive/sent from/to the internet, not clicks you make in msn

What about with the /emails command in MP!L?. that opens your inbox directly.
With IE, however an action must be performed atleast
RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by AmbulanceX on 09-26-2006 at 10:27 AM

i miss the feature :( and stuff plug is taking soooo long.

RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by Jimbo on 09-26-2006 at 07:11 PM

you could use this to open websites in the default browser

code:
var Shell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
Shell.run("http://www.google.com");

Just replace http://www.google.com with http://www.hotmail.com or whatever you want

Hope this helps
RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by Ezra on 09-26-2006 at 07:17 PM

Thinking of it...

You might be abled to make little window with a button on it and place it over the mail button.

Like with TimeZone only on the Contact List window, won't be the same, but might just work...

RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by Jimbo on 09-26-2006 at 07:27 PM

It would work but it would take a very advanced scripter
Maybe shondoit could do it as he made TimeZone?

Only problem would be, how would you make it stay there and not just vanish every time you ran WLM

RE: (Query) Opening links in default browser by cloudhunter on 09-26-2006 at 07:40 PM

Hmm interesting. And making it stay there would be done using the Messenger API, the same way iTunes+ does it for the miniplayer.

It would have to be a transparrant button tho and there would be issues with patches...

Cloudy