Shoutbox

A little present help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: A little present help (/showthread.php?tid=66692)

A little present help by Nathan on 09-26-2006 at 09:14 PM

Hey guys,
As you may know its my birthday and i have decided i dont want a ipod. I have aprox 400-500 pounds (that i know of) I want a machine thats small and plays videos and MP3s has loads of features. Ive looked at the archos's and i like them but is there any other good ones.
Thanks,
Nathan

RE: A little present help by user27089 on 09-26-2006 at 09:26 PM

iRivers are good.

RE: A little present help by Voldemort on 09-26-2006 at 09:37 PM

what archos?

RE: A little present help by Nathan on 09-26-2006 at 09:54 PM

http://www.archos.com/store/psearch.html?country=...&prod_id=archos504

RE: A little present help by RaceProUK on 09-26-2006 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
iRivers are good.
PSPs are better :P
RE: A little present help by Steven on 09-26-2006 at 10:55 PM

Yeah, if you want to know somethings about a PSP pm me, because im better than google! :P I have 1 hour of video on it, plus 200 mb left on my 512mb card. (russell peters owns)

RE: A little present help by albert on 09-26-2006 at 11:04 PM

Okay, I got the best thing you can get on the market.

ZEN VISION : M

They simply rock.

I have one myself, best buy I have ever done.

RE: A little present help by Stigmata on 09-26-2006 at 11:07 PM

ipod video :)

i love mine :)

RE: A little present help by albert on 09-26-2006 at 11:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
ipod video :)

i love mine :)

Don't listen to him!!!!!!!!!!

ZEN VISION : M!!

Google "ZEN VISION M VS IPOD VIDEO" for details. =p!
RE: A little present help by Voldemort on 09-27-2006 at 12:09 AM

Err.... different people, different opinions.

RE: A little present help by DarkMe on 09-27-2006 at 12:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
iRivers are good.
PSPs are better :P
totally indeed :p
RE: A little present help by andrewdodd13 on 09-27-2006 at 06:41 AM

I'll second the Vision: M. A PSP simply cannot hold enough music / video for what you'll probably be looking for. Although with the money you've got, you could probably get both :P.

The only thing better imo than the Vision: M is the 80GB next-gen iPod, which I don't believe is out yet. Although... iPods and iTunes are still really sucky... :P (although creatives software isn't much better)

RE: A little present help by user27089 on 09-27-2006 at 07:09 AM

Thinking about it, if you want something you'll really enjoy you should get a PSP, Joe recently bought one and it's one of the best things since slide bread. Honestly, you'll love it, as long as you get the right games and films. The UMD films are absolutely amazing for it now, and there are some really good deals :p. There are loads of games coming out on it too, like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and Killzone Liberation.

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
The only thing better imo than the Vision: M is the 80GB next-gen iPod, which I don't believe is out yet. Although... iPods and iTunes are still really sucky... :P (although creatives software isn't much better)

I have a 30gb ipod and it's the best mp3 player i've ever used, the easiest and the best looking one, the black one obviously :p. I've used other mp3 players, like the creative zen and they're really annoying to use, if you're going to get any mp3 player you should make it an ipod (I wouldn't get a nano, they don't have enough space on :().

Also, iTunes is a fantastic piece of software that you can get used to really fast, the last time I formatted my pc (my old one), I didn't install WinAmp, I installed iTunes instead, and realised how much better it was than WinAmp, it's really easy to use, it has never crashed on me (winamp did lots) and it's sexy :p.

RE: A little present help by rav0 on 09-27-2006 at 07:46 AM

quote:
I'll second the Vision: M. A PSP simply cannot hold enough music / video for what you'll probably be looking for. Although with the money you've got, you could probably get both :P.
A PSP can't hold any music/video. That's why it's got a Memory Stick Duo slot :p.

Well if you can afford a PSP and an iPod, then you can probably get a PSP with lots of Memory Stick Duos. Plus Memory Stick means expandability, just buy one or two, and buy more later if you want. That's why older (CD and casette) Walkmans (et al) were cool, just get one cheap player, and switch CDs around, give/take from friends, not like most new players, which have x storage when you buy it, and that's the way it stay forever.

I would never buy UMD movies, they only play in PSP and cost more than the DVD of the same title what looks better, sounds better, has more stuff, and can be played (or comverted to play) almost anywhere.
RE: A little present help by RaceProUK on 09-27-2006 at 11:20 AM

quote:
A PSP simply cannot hold enough music / video for what you'll probably be looking for.
Unless you get a 4GB Memory Stick.
RE: A little present help by Supersonicdarky on 09-27-2006 at 11:23 AM

wait for the zune to come out...

* Supersonicdarky runs

RE: A little present help by Steven on 09-27-2006 at 11:51 AM

As you can see, the majority of us that posted agree with the PSP decision, but its up to you now kao, so take your time.

RE: A little present help by vaccination on 09-27-2006 at 01:30 PM

quote:
Thinking about it, if you want something you'll really enjoy you should get a PSP, Joe recently bought one and it's one of the best things since slide bread. Honestly, you'll love it, as long as you get the right games and films. The UMD films are absolutely amazing for it now, and there are some really good deals :p. There are loads of games coming out on it too, like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops and Killzone Liberation.

quote:

I have a 30gb ipod and it's the best mp3 player i've ever used, the easiest and the best looking one, the black one obviously :p. I've used other mp3 players, like the creative zen and they're really annoying to use, if you're going to get any mp3 player you should make it an ipod (I wouldn't get a nano, they don't have enough space on :().

Also, iTunes is a fantastic piece of software that you can get used to really fast, the last time I formatted my pc (my old one), I didn't install WinAmp, I installed iTunes instead, and realised how much better it was than WinAmp, it's really easy to use, it has never crashed on me (winamp did lots) and it's sexy :p.

I totally agree, Ipods rock. Itunes is easy and just plain nice.

It all depends on what you want to do, listend ot music or watch movies/play games?

If you want music, Ipods are the best in my opinion.

For movies/games PSP rule the roost.

i have both a PSP and Ipod(nano) and they boht serve me well.

My sister has a creative zen, i tried using it and i hated it. I used the software for her to help her update the thing and it was way too annoying.
RE: A little present help by ins4ne on 09-27-2006 at 01:36 PM

buy an archos. they totally rock. i got my new archos mp3 player and im thinking about buying a video player. they got some great stuff :D

RE: RE: A little present help by andrewdodd13 on 09-27-2006 at 04:01 PM

quote:
quote:
A PSP simply cannot hold enough music / video for what you'll probably be looking for.

Yes, but for one of those you need 2.8x firmware, and that means no TIFF eLoader ;)
RE: A little present help by Nathan on 09-27-2006 at 04:34 PM

I have a psp already :P

RE: A little present help by absorbation on 09-27-2006 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
I have a psp already :P

Ya Nath, well done for proving to me your not spolit :P
RE: RE: RE: A little present help by rav0 on 09-27-2006 at 11:49 PM

f you already have a PSP (and large Memory Stick Duo), then think of buying a not-so flashy other music player, ie smaller screen, not neccessarily video playback, because you can use your PSP for video.

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, but for one of those you need 2.8x firmware, and that means no TIFF eLoader ;)

lies!
RE: A little present help by Lourix on 09-28-2006 at 04:07 AM

This?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000HZFC3I/ref=amb_link_35246765_4/026-4393148-3528429