Shoutbox

[Preview] Window Designer - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Preview] Window Designer (/showthread.php?tid=66708)

[Preview] Window Designer by HenkNooz on 09-27-2006 at 02:17 PM

Hi,

as some of you may know, Dempsey and I are working on an app to create and edit windows for MSG+ Scripts. We're still working hard to get this tool finished, but today we post some preview screenshots and a list with most of the features.
For the people who don't know what this app does, with Window Designer you can create windows for you msg+ scripts, without having the knowledge of XML. Just drag controls on the form and edit the properties.

Features

• Create new windows
  • Edit existing windows
  • When opening a XML file with more then one windows, select wich window(s) you want to open
  • Edit properties like font, color and a lot more.
  • Move/(re)size controls
  • Preview windows
  • A wizard to create common windows from templates
  • Drag&Drop XML files on the main form.
Screenshots
Main window:
[Image: wdss1eg4.th.png]

Opening multiple windows:
[Image: wdss2fz9.th.png]

Options window:
[Image: wdss3nq4.th.png]

Startup window:
[Image: wdss4qs8.th.png]

Wizard:
[Image: wdss5ja0.th.png]

Ideas/requests
If you have an idea for Window Designer, please post it in this thread.
Ideas/requests/comments, everything's welcome:)

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by ins4ne on 09-27-2006 at 02:26 PM

great to here about. looks nice. keep up the work. im waiting for it ;)

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by vikke on 09-27-2006 at 02:26 PM

How hot!!
If you're needing Beta-testers I'm here :).

No ideas because I don't know what this program doesn't do :)
Edit: How about a menu editor, and a "code-generator" which generates the OnClick events etc.

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Mike on 09-27-2006 at 02:28 PM

"Main Window", just looks like VB :P

Looks like a hot program :drool:

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Dempsey on 09-27-2006 at 02:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vikke
Edit: How about a menu editor, and a "code-generator" which generates the OnClick events etc
For now, stuff like that won't be included, as this is purely for designing the GUI Window files, but the long term plan is to have this integrated with the Script Editor, then things like that would definatley be included :)
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
"Main Window", just looks like VB :P

Looks like a hot program :drool:
Yea pretty much ripped the whole VB IDE look :P   Too lazy to come up with own layout

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by vikke on 09-27-2006 at 02:34 PM

Main Window screenie isn't showing :S

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by ins4ne on 09-27-2006 at 02:34 PM

same here. update your post dempsey

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Shondoit on 09-27-2006 at 02:38 PM

Finaly, I checked mpscripts at least twice a week if it was finished...

Can't wait for the release :D

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by vaccination on 09-27-2006 at 02:42 PM

Looks nice, very usefull.

Keep up the good work. :)

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Matti on 09-27-2006 at 03:43 PM

Yay! I'm really excited about this project! This will make making windows lots easier! ;)
But I want to see the Main Window... repair the link please... :'(

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Menthix on 09-27-2006 at 03:49 PM

Main Window shows fine for me.

Mirror:

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by ins4ne on 09-27-2006 at 03:50 PM

:| that looks great :D

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Thor on 09-27-2006 at 04:22 PM

I want that :drool:

:D Looks great :)

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Shondoit on 09-27-2006 at 05:04 PM

Btw, can you give us an ETA?

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Matti on 09-27-2006 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Mirror:
Omfg, that really reminds me of Visual Studio... :|
* Matti WANTS IT!!! (H)

Btw, thanks 4 the mirror. :)

But err, will you optimize the icons? They look quite blurry. :)
RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Dempsey on 09-27-2006 at 05:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Shondoit
Btw, can you give us an ETA?
Prob best we don't, cos were jsut get moaned at if its not on time :p

Were gonna try and get a release out as soon as we can.
RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Plan-1130 on 10-26-2006 at 03:31 PM

I want, i want!
I can't wait, I keep checking MPScripts.net almost daily :)

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Oxy on 10-26-2006 at 04:07 PM

Yes, HURRY UP!!!! ¬¬

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by bigbob85 on 11-05-2006 at 10:40 AM

I'd love to be a beta tester to.
My flash version got as far as being able to make a window, but I couldn't export the right measurements for the window for some reason. Like the window <position tags and stuff.
Dempsey, you win ;)

Window Designer Update by Dempsey on 11-08-2006 at 05:18 PM

I keep getting PMs and messages from MPScripts etc with people asking about Window Designer.

Yes it is still being worked on, but it is a big project and both me and HenkNooz are quite busy so development isn't going as fast as we'd like.

Saying that, progress has definatley been made over the past weeks, especially in the areas of loading and saving files.  Some new controls have been added, so initially it will support 10 controls, with obviously more being added in future updates.

There's no point asking about how much longer it will be, or if you can test it, once we feel it is at a point where it is usable, we will release it for people to use, constantly being nagged about only slows down development :P

Also kinda on topic but also a plug of my site :P  I posted a screenshot on my blog =>  Winnings + Window Designer

RE: Window Designer Update by Lou on 11-08-2006 at 10:39 PM

As far as I can see (yes, my nagging gave me an exe:P) it's coming, slowly, but surely. It's got a nice, user friendly interface, and it's very easy to use. However, seeing as not everything is coded yet, it's not even ready to make windows. That's why it's not released. It's coming eventually though, and it's going to be sweet.

It's much like Microsoft's Visual studio actually. It's really simple to use, and you can easily do what you want without having to figure things the hard way. It's all rather obvious.

Keep it up Dempsey and HenkNooz!

RE: Window Designer Update by Stigmata on 11-08-2006 at 11:32 PM

Keep Good work :)

RE: Window Designer Update by Yil2201 on 11-09-2006 at 04:50 PM

Cool! Continue this fantastic and useful work ;)

RE: Window Designer Update by Jimbo on 11-09-2006 at 04:53 PM

Sounds good, can't wait till we get a release

RE: Window Designer Update by Thor on 11-09-2006 at 07:06 PM

That looks and sounds nice! :D

Just keep up the good work! :)

RE: Window Designer Update by bigbob85 on 11-10-2006 at 05:19 AM

Cant wait Dempsey.

Would rather wait, then have a very buggy rushed program.

(For Dempsey) Window Builder. by Ashley_H on 12-27-2007 at 11:24 PM

May seem a little cheeky :P But you say that ou keep forgetting about the Window Designer project. Why dont you release the Visual Basic Project (Im guessing you made it in VB) and the source files so other people can work on the program too. Make it a community contribution :P

I know obviously you dont want to release what you've worked on and what you (and a few others) have created but it could really help if other users contribute tpo the program and give their input and edit the program in their way.

Understand if you dont want to but it could lead the completion of this project alot earlier.

:)

RE: (For Dempsey) Window Builder. by Baggins on 12-28-2007 at 12:44 AM

I am almost certain Dempsey used C or some variant of it, but only he would know.

RE: (For Dempsey) Window Builder. by Eljay on 12-28-2007 at 01:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Bilbo
I am almost certain Dempsey used C or some variant of it, but only he would know.

I doubt it, Dempsey is a VB using noob :P

* Eljay runs
RE: (For Dempsey) Window Builder. by Baggins on 12-28-2007 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:

* Eljay runs
:p

The features are a little advanced for VB, but I don't know that much about him.

RE: (For Dempsey) Window Builder. by TheSteve on 12-28-2007 at 02:00 AM

It's done in .NET, which language is more difficult to tell.

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by effection on 12-28-2007 at 11:43 AM

mmm no need for me to continue coding mine then i suppose

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Matti on 12-28-2007 at 01:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by effection
mmm no need for me to continue coding mine then i suppose
Noooes! It may take ages for Dempsey to simply release the code, so please keep developing your Interface Designer! Please... :)
RE: RE: (For Dempsey) Window Builder. by CookieRevised on 12-28-2007 at 01:29 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eljay
quote:

* Eljay runs
The features are a little advanced for VB, but I don't know that much about him.
I don't see why this can't be done in VB though. Its not because 99% of all VB programs are basic noob stuff, so to speak, that VB can't perfectly do this :p

In fact:
quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
nope,

it is made in Visual Basic 6.0....

-------------------

quote:
mmm no need for me to continue coding mine (ref: [alpha] Interface Designer) then i suppose
Nah, please keep developping it. Not only might it take a while to finish either of the two, it is also nice to see some 'competition' with it. It could only improve both...

Or maybe you could join forces...
RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Ashley_H on 12-28-2007 at 01:31 PM

Looking great!!!!

However I would suggest, if you can work on the UI. Sorry but it looks a little too much like paint. A few colours can take it a LONG way!

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by markee on 12-28-2007 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Didn't that happen already with someone else?
RE: [Preview] Window Designer by CookieRevised on 12-28-2007 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ashley_H
Looking great!!!!

However I would suggest, if you can work on the UI. Sorry but it looks a little too much like paint. A few colours can take it a LONG way!
That GUI is almost exactly as what is used in all developping environments like Visual Studio, etc. And even other designing software use the same schemes (eg: photoshop, etc). The reason for that is because everybody is used to that UI. Its a defacto standard and shouldn't be changed imho. It's not a color book... I think the gui is perfect (other than having some sizeable sidebars).

Unless you mean adding the default title background (blueish in XP) to the titles above the sidebar toolwindows.
RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Baggins on 12-28-2007 at 02:16 PM

like 1.5 years ago Dempsey told us it would be 2 months :p

RE: RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Ashley_H on 12-28-2007 at 03:20 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ashley_H
Looking great!!!!

That GUI is almost exactly as what is used in all developping environments like Visual Studio, etc. And even other designing software use the same schemes (eg: photoshop, etc). The reason for that is because everybody is used to that UI. Its a defacto standard and shouldn't be changed imho. It's not a color book... I think the gui is perfect (other than having some sizeable sidebars).

Unless you mean adding the default title background (blueish in XP) to the titles above the sidebar toolwindows.

Yes, I know that is the sort of default GUI everybody is custom to but program's like Adobe CS3 Flash for example, use the same co-ordination of all of their controls like Macromedia did, but they have added a black-ish theme to the program so it looks better.

Im not suggesting nothing extreme just a few background colours, thats all.
RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Dempsey on 12-28-2007 at 06:23 PM

I did think about releasing the source code but I didn't know how many VB6 coders there were about and didn't want people to see my messy code :P

RE: [Preview] Window Designer by matty on 12-28-2007 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
and didn't want people to see my messy code
That is an understatement Adam!
RE: RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Ashley_H on 12-28-2007 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
I did think about releasing the source code but I didn't know how many VB6 coders there were about and didn't want people to see my messy code :P

I'm sure it can be cleaned up. AND VB.NET has a conversion wizard so a VB6 project can be converted to a VB 2005/2008 project.
RE: RE: RE: (For Dempsey) Window Builder. by effection on 12-29-2007 at 11:23 AM

quote:

quote:
mmm no need for me to continue coding mine (ref: [alpha] Interface Designer) then i suppose
Nah, please keep developping it. Not only might it take a while to finish either of the two, it is also nice to see some 'competition' with it. It could only improve both...

Well i wouldnt mind joining forces but i've read in this topic that they code in VB, which im not fond of my IDE is in C# but il continue coding them most of it i suppose at least some people like the idea of having more choice (and the source code ;))
RE: [Preview] Window Designer by Ashley_H on 12-29-2007 at 01:03 PM

I am willing to help anybody who wants me. I have Visual Basic 2008, and I have a few good ideas :)

I am doubting that Dempsey is going to release the source code, so Im looking to help somebody

RE: RE: RE: (For Dempsey) Window Builder. by TheSteve on 12-30-2007 at 02:48 PM

quote:
In fact:
quote:
Originally posted by TheSteve
nope,

it is made in Visual Basic 6.0....

-------------------

quote:

Oops, I posted before the thread got merged... and I didn't know which program was being reffered to so, I searched. Turns out I had found effection's editor not this one :$  Sorry.