Shoutbox

Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online (/showthread.php?tid=66713)

Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by Joe on 09-27-2006 at 05:29 PM

I can't get my Xbox 360 to work on Xbox live here at NKU. I take the cable from the wall to the Xbox directly. I don't have a router or anything. I want to know if anyone can tell what's wrong here. I'd love to be a part of the September contest, but I can't get on Live to download any games or post scores.

The troubleshooter stops at the ip address. I have had it work with a router before.. but I don't have access to it any more. And ever when I had the router, I could play games, but not download demos or anything.

RE: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by Menthix on 09-27-2006 at 06:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by atown44
I take the cable from the wall to the Xbox directly. I don't have a router or anything.
Is this physically the same cable which you normally connect to your PC to have internet there?
RE: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by Joe on 09-27-2006 at 08:45 PM

yes

RE: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by brian on 09-27-2006 at 08:48 PM

uhh, if you're trying to have your xbox connect directly to the internet without a router; then I think you should disconnect you internet on your computer first.

RE: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by Pyroteq on 09-28-2006 at 08:16 AM

I had a little trouble setting up live on my 360, but im using a router.
Are you taking the cord out of your pc and using it for the xbox? Or have you got two cords going into the wall to your modem or however you acess your internet..?

RE: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by rav0 on 09-28-2006 at 09:24 AM

Xbox doesn't have a modem, so you can't plus your internet line straight into your Xbox. If you're plugging it into an ethernet network that is part of the internet, you should be ok, but not for dsl, cable, satellite or wireless internet.

If you are plugging it into an ethernet network, make sure that you have the proper patch cable, not a crossover cable.

RE: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by Joe on 09-29-2006 at 02:56 AM

Would a Hub work?

RE: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by rav0 on 09-29-2006 at 07:34 AM

Is the conection from the wall ethernet network or a different kind?

RE: Can't configure Xbox 360 to work online by Joe on 10-01-2006 at 05:24 AM

ethernet