Shoutbox

iTunes issue - With Windows Live Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iTunes issue - With Windows Live Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=66725)

iTunes issue - With Windows Live Messenger by user27089 on 09-27-2006 at 08:06 PM

If I'm listening to a song on itunes and there is an alert on windows live messenger (A toast, email, msg etc.), then the song on iTunes mutes for a second, I've looked through iTunes and I can't find any options that would be causing this to happen. Does anybody know how to fix this?

RE: iTunes issue - With Windows Live Messenger by vaccination on 09-27-2006 at 10:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
If I'm listening to a song on itunes and there is an alert on windows live messenger (A toast, email, msg etc.), then the song on iTunes mutes for a second, I've looked through iTunes and I can't find any options that would be causing this to happen. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Is this maybe because WLM is trying to make a noise for the alert?

Try turning off your sounds on WLM and see if it still happens.

RE: iTunes issue - With Windows Live Messenger by deAd on 09-27-2006 at 10:28 PM

This is with iTunes 7.0, right? I'm experiencing this too, I think it's one of the large amount of bugs in iTunes 7. I'm currently installing iTunes 7.0.1, supposedly fixing many playback errors.

RE: iTunes issue - With Windows Live Messenger by aNILEator on 09-27-2006 at 11:48 PM

i have 7.0.1 installed and so far no problems with either video or audio (Y)

i even have my quicktime audio settings on full awesomeness :D

RE: iTunes issue - With Windows Live Messenger by Spunky on 09-29-2006 at 11:36 AM

No problems with sound and iTunes 7. It might be something incompatible with your sound card (if the drivers have changed or something). Try other programs running sound at the same time *-)

:o) Senior Member :D

RE: iTunes issue - With Windows Live Messenger by aNILEator on 09-29-2006 at 06:50 PM

no SLM itunes 7.0 was really shit for sound it fucked up for alot of people on alot of soundcards and built in soundcards, not to mention errors with moving the folder in start menu and video lag etc.

7.0.1 so far appears to have fixed all these errors