Shoutbox

How to use Windows Live Messenger in LAN - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: How to use Windows Live Messenger in LAN (/showthread.php?tid=66735)

How to use Windows Live Messenger in LAN by solo8x on 09-28-2006 at 03:59 AM

Hi,
Now i'm using Windows messenger 5.1 in LAN and want to update to live version but it can not run in LAN. Have any help?

RE: How to use Windows Live Messenger in LAN by Lourix on 09-28-2006 at 05:51 AM

Are you sure your using Windows Messenger or are you using MSN Messenger?

RE: How to use Windows Live Messenger in LAN by solo8x on 09-28-2006 at 06:44 AM

i'm sure using Windows Messenger 5.1 (5.1.0701)

RE: How to use Windows Live Messenger in LAN by user27089 on 09-28-2006 at 07:09 AM

Well, Windows Live Messenger is not an update of Windows Messenger, Windows Live Messenger is the updated version of MSN Messenger, with a new name. Most of the new Microsoft products have "Live" in the name at the moment, it's all preparing for the new release of Windows Vista etc.

There is no way to use Windows Live Messenger over LAN, if you're looking for an update of Windows Messenger (which is your best bet) then they come out about once a year.

RE: How to use Windows Live Messenger in LAN by aNILEator on 09-28-2006 at 07:43 AM

Update once a year :S i've not seen one in aaaaaggggeeeeeessss

I still don't see why they don't make Windows Live Messenger include all the bits and bobs from Windows Messenger. I'd hate for vista to have all the old crap on it when i get it, it would just make me feel like it's been a waste of money, a rather large waste also :-(

Vista is quickly turning into XP black edition, what with all these features being removed etc