Shoutbox

Have you ever cheated in school? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Have you ever cheated in school? (/showthread.php?tid=66800)

Have you ever cheated in school? by Aeryn on 09-30-2006 at 09:33 AM

I'm interested in finding out how many people have cheated on tests/etc and whether it's something you consider natural in the school you go to or went to, or is it something that's totally out of the question for you and at the place you study/studied.

Discuss.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by ins4ne on 09-30-2006 at 09:41 AM

why learn when there is another way :refuck:

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by andrewdodd13 on 09-30-2006 at 09:50 AM

I have cheated in school... my girlfriend was not amused. ;)

Never cheated on a test: I don't need to. (Ok I'm not modest when I'm hungover). I actually went to the school I'm at know more about computers than the computing teachers..  :|

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by user27089 on 09-30-2006 at 09:52 AM

I cheated once when I was 9, but I didn't know any better.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Zahid™ on 09-30-2006 at 09:56 AM

Yes i have cheated in tests but they weren't that big just like end of year tests and i only got a few questions of another person :P.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Tasha on 09-30-2006 at 09:57 AM

I cheated a bit, but only in small tests. :P And yeah, I didn't want a low mark, haha.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Lourix on 09-30-2006 at 10:05 AM

I cheated in a test once because the whole class was doing it :p but that was such a long time ago, good memories.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Jimbo on 09-30-2006 at 10:07 AM

I cheated in a test because every else was cheating. It was a Physics test and i used the internet on my phone to get the answers:p

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by M73A on 09-30-2006 at 10:12 AM

yes, cheated, i dont want to take french or spanish, so cheating in a vocab test so i dont have to come back in MY own time to do retests is justified imo

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by vaccination on 09-30-2006 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
yes, cheated, i dont want to take french or spanish, so cheating in a vocab test so i dont have to come back in MY own time to do retests is justified imo

Yeah french teacher made us do that alot but i never re-did the test just had a go at her. She was such a b!tch.
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Supersonicdarky on 09-30-2006 at 11:35 AM

at french last year many people cheated because the day before the test the teacher gave out the answers (but I didnt cheat then), i somewhat cheated last week. i just forgot a formula and had to look it up. Never have I actually copied a complete answer tho.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by linx05 on 09-30-2006 at 11:46 AM

Notes in socks, up ties, in calculators... For the girls they had them in socks, bras and up skirts.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Plik on 09-30-2006 at 11:54 AM

I can't remember ever having to cheat. But thats not because im uber clever (because im not :P), i just didn't mind not doing well :P

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by FrozenDaggers on 09-30-2006 at 12:17 PM

Only cheated on small tests in class and with homework. We all used to do the tests/homeworks together, lol. But we never got a low grade ^_^ About 8 of us would all get the same wrong answers and such. lol

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by qgroessl on 09-30-2006 at 12:59 PM

my english teacher last year was soo stupid :p... Vocab tests... I put a little piece of paper on the backback infront of me, or the desk infront of me... cheat like that... or since we had to use a blank white piece of paper... I'd put it under it and read through the paper.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Kenji on 09-30-2006 at 02:15 PM

My friends mum is a tearcher at a differnt school, but moist o the things we do are the same, so when her mum went out he went and got the answer books for english and math and we got almost all of them right, wasnt an importnt test so it didnt really matter :tongue:

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by tony on 09-30-2006 at 02:17 PM

Yes, because I can't be bothered to study and I cheat(ed) regularly* :blah!:

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by DarkMe on 09-30-2006 at 05:49 PM

Many people cheat, so i do :p
exams on monday :(

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by ddunk on 09-30-2006 at 06:01 PM

I've never cheated on a large test or exam, but I have on smaller quizzes and nothing extremely important.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by NiteMare on 09-30-2006 at 06:40 PM

i "cheated" in networking class

the online test system, allowed us to take the test 3 time, so we'd just copy down the questions and answers, go home find the right answer, then put them on a cheat sheet, and take it again the next day, i don't consiter it cheting because you still had to know your stuff to find the answers

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Stigmata on 09-30-2006 at 07:05 PM

yes, i just wanted to see what they put...

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by John Anderton on 09-30-2006 at 07:44 PM

quote:
No, I never needed to*
I wasnt the best student in class simply because back then i cba to study. I always pulled the grades i wanted to (A's + B's) so i really never needed to do anything. There was an odd moment when id hear the answer while 2 people were copying or even see a glance of the paper in front of me by mistake but nothing major and nothing i did on purpose :P
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
i don't consiter it cheting because you still had to know your stuff to find the answers
thats like a guy i remember who had like 30 chits with him. He could say that he isnt really copying since he has to find which answer is where :dodgy:
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by WDZ on 09-30-2006 at 07:52 PM

I think I cheated a few times, but usually I just failed while everyone else in the class cheated. :( :P

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Rik on 09-30-2006 at 07:59 PM

i cheat some times, just the things i don't know :P

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by ddunk on 09-30-2006 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik
i cheat some times, just the things i don't know :P
So you mean you don't cheat on things you do know? What an interesting concept. :P
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by SikStyles on 09-30-2006 at 08:06 PM

I only cheat to please my family with good grades and to actually finish school.

quote:
Originally posted by Time
I would just let myself fail or do badly because that is what I deserved.

That's what I always thought when I didn't do my homework. I wouldn't copy off of others because of that reason, but tests are a whole different area.
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Voldemort on 09-30-2006 at 11:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
We all used to do the tests/homeworks together, lol. But we never got a low grade

yeah, i have like a year without doing homework at home :P
i have only cheated in chinese... its a bitch learning the characters... took out my notebook and read them, lol

most exams are easy if you think of what they want to hear and write it, so i never study and get A's so nobody cares....
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Chris4 on 09-30-2006 at 11:54 PM

Yeah I cheat when I can on small tests that no one cares about :P

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by marissa on 10-01-2006 at 12:05 AM

i cheated on a careers test once, it was the things you had to do to get a good job ro something. i was 'sick' the day of the test, and then my friends told me waht was on it so i wrote it on my arm.

i've found that i've remembered that stuff where i would have forgotten it just because i cheated. it was the first time i reeeeally cheated, so it's a point in my life i wont forget, so the stuff i wrote i wont forget...if that makes sense *-)

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Panachiba on 10-01-2006 at 12:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
I only cheat to please my family with good grades and to actually finish school.

:lol:, mmmm ...oh yes!, always i cheated :P(Not much of course, 2 question o 3..or all the test :lol: sometimes ), but..i dont like study for the test. :$

But i was one of the Best in the class ahaha, sometimes I help to the nerds guys :O , so I'm happy .
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by wolfeboy100 on 10-01-2006 at 12:42 AM

yes i did and i got caught and i still do it to this very day

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by linx05 on 10-01-2006 at 04:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I think I cheated a few times, but usually I just failed while everyone else in the class cheated. :( :P
That happened to me once. And I got the brunt of it because I didn't do too well. Oh well, that teacher got his comeupence.
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by lrac522 on 10-03-2006 at 03:43 AM

I think 99.9% do cheat.:D

RE: RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Aeryn on 10-03-2006 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
I think 99.9% do cheat.:D

Actually it seems to me that it also depends on where you live and go to school. I'm sure in a lot of places not-cheating is a matter of pride and people don't cheat that much. But here in Estonia, for instance, in the school and especially university where I went to, in the eyes of most students cheating was completely normal and acceptable. Or even if people don't think it's essentially right to cheat, it still doesn't stop them from doing it here or there.
RE: RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by brian on 10-03-2006 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
Luckily I have a pretty good memory so cheating is rarely required. I have done homework or assignments in groups with other people, but I would not consider that cheating since we all contributed, all worked off each other to figure things out (this is at university level) and all got 100% on those pieces of work. Also, if I was unprepared for an exam (it has happened) I would not cheat since that is unfair, I would just let myself fail or do badly because that is what I deserved.

same.  i'd fail but not cheat or give answers.
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Matti on 10-04-2006 at 08:03 AM

I never cheated... and I don't think I ever have to: I'm too clever for doing that. (I can send you my results if you don't believe me)
And when I really don't know something, I just guess and hope for the best. :P

Man, I wonder how long I can keep saying this... I'm only 14! :-/

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Zoozoo on 10-06-2006 at 05:24 AM

I cheated in a history test (a few years back) so did most people in the class except (suprisingly enough), the stupid people because they didnt know how to cheat in the test.

Now, girls cheat more then boys, they write the answers on there legs...

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by L. Coyote on 10-13-2006 at 02:11 AM

There was no: "No, because I fail at cheating". :sad:

I couldn't cheat because I tend to be too obvious. I can't do anything like hide a piece of paper with the answers or stuff like that.

Actually, a few months before the tests I was studying for I discovered that my classmates had put a couple of cheats on my Casio calculator (with a pencil, so you have to look at it in a certain angle to see it). It was actually VERY useful for my tests, but I was too nervous to turn my calculator around and move it to be able to see what I needed to know.

The only way I could study was to take short notes of the most important things and memorize them a day before the test (not before, because I'd forget). And then pray that it was enough or that I remembered the correct things (usually, it was not the case).

I'm still studying for three more tests, and I'm not sure what will happen in December. But I can't cheat. I'd love to, because I really can't get anything in my thick skull.

I remember two of my classmates writing something on the wall, just below the board, in tiny letters. They sat just in front of that part and they used that. It was very funny to watch them cheat. And our teacher never noticed.

In my Math test a few months back, one of my teachers solved one of the problems for me, and I passed the test (she kind of got some facts wrong, but she helped me a lot). :P

So, unless someone does it for me, I generally don't cheat. I sleep on my tests (I was famous for that).

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by John Anderton on 10-13-2006 at 10:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
I can't remember ever having to cheat. But thats not because im uber clever (because im not :P), i just didn't mind not doing well :P
same here :P
quote:
Originally posted by Tom M. Riddle
I sleep on my tests
Done that a million times in school when i was bored writing papers. I used to write them half asleep and as a result my okayish handwriting started looking like random lines here and there. Luckily the teachers understood that :refuck:
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Rubber Stamp on 10-13-2006 at 10:57 AM

i never took answers inside the examination hall or anything like that...just asked small answers from the person in front of me.
i think that cheating bits to pass is alrite..forgivable. but cheating to top the class and get the highest marks is sinful...jerks do that!

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Felu on 10-13-2006 at 11:04 AM

I never asked answers and took answers and all. Though i've told people answers to questions they have asked me during the examination. Our invigilators are really dumb. I've seen people EXCHANGING answer sheets during the examination. They don't even get to notice about it... newbz.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by LoochTheMan on 10-13-2006 at 11:03 PM

If I got caught for all the times I cheated, i'd be banned from a classroom. Graphing calculators are just so resourceful that its hard to resist. Teachers dont suspect it either, its a device that is in the classroom all the time. Good old calculator cheating8-).

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Spunky on 10-14-2006 at 12:03 AM

I never really needed to cheat unless it was some gay lesson like Relgious Edcation. I need solid, clear defined answers, not "Any answer can be acceptable... except that one" bull crap :@ lol

I used to finish exams/tests in about 1/3 of the time given and then start falling asleep waiting for everybody else to finish.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by saralk on 10-14-2006 at 08:49 AM

The last time I cheated was Year 9. Back then, I knew that I was dropping a few subjects at the end of the year, and had absolutely no motivation to work in the subject. So I would write down answers and put it in my pencil case.

I never cheated in subjects that I took public examinations, because I want to feel the satisfaction of knowing that I got 100% in a test or something.

I think the older you are, the harder it is to cheat in exams. Mainly because of the sheer amount of stuff you have to learn makes in impracticle to write it down on small bits of paper.
Also, in subjects where you write long prose (like English Lit, or Business Studies), its extremely difficult to write notes.

However, when revising for my AS Levels, I thought of an ingenious way to revise. I prented that I was going to cheat, and tried to fit as much of the formulas and stuff in Chemistry on parts of my body. I never intended to cheat, but the process of selecting relevent data, and making it concise enough to fit on my little finger drove the information into my mind.

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by Rubber Stamp on 10-14-2006 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
However, when revising for my AS Levels, I thought of an ingenious way to revise. I prented that I was going to cheat, and tried to fit as much of the formulas and stuff in Chemistry on parts of my body. I never intended to cheat, but the process of selecting relevent data, and making it concise enough to fit on my little finger drove the information into my mind.

thats a good idea. ill try it in my pre-boards. thanks..

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by vaccination on 10-14-2006 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
quote:
Originally posted by saralk

thats a good idea. ill try it in my pre-boards. thanks..

I think i will sometime too. Nice one saralk :P
RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by MX-G on 10-14-2006 at 07:21 PM

I cheat everyday in my school, :refuck:

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by mwe99 on 10-14-2006 at 07:57 PM

In CISCO classes with online exams yeah...

The teacher sucked and I didn't understand it anyways..

RE: Have you ever cheated in school? by kayles on 10-16-2006 at 10:19 AM

i cheated in my religion half yearly
had dates written all over my pen.
then it died on me.
cheated on a whole maths exam in year seven.
i got zero, and so did the girl i cheated off. all her answers were wrong anyway HAHA
i probably should study more, which is study all together cause i never do.