Shoutbox

I can't upload or save msn emoticons - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I can't upload or save msn emoticons (/showthread.php?tid=66801)

I can't upload or save msn emoticons by FunkyPrincess2 on 09-30-2006 at 09:36 AM

My friend and I both have this problem. When in an msn conversation, we cannot add (right click - add) other people's emoticons anymore. I used to be able to but suddenly, instead, I started receiving a message saying "The file you selected is not a valid image file. Please choose another file", and this happens everytime I try to add smeone's emoticon. This message also appears when I try to upload my own emoticon which is saved onto my computer, and it is becoming really frustrating for the both of us, as we cannot get any new emoticons (N)!
Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to fix this?
Attached is an image of the message we receive

RE: I can't upload or save msn emoticons by ins4ne on 09-30-2006 at 09:42 AM

io got that sometime. just try to rename the file or try a few times. sometimes it works.

RE: I can't upload or save msn emoticons by FunkyPrincess2 on 09-30-2006 at 09:45 AM

Yeah sometimes it does, like when I try to upload a display picture the message comes up the first time then it eventually works, but with emoticons I have tried for ages and it still doesn't work... :S

RE: I can't upload or save msn emoticons by ins4ne on 09-30-2006 at 09:47 AM

tried to change the extension? from jpeg to gif or whatever your emoticons are.

RE: I can't upload or save msn emoticons by FunkyPrincess2 on 09-30-2006 at 09:50 AM

All my emoticons have a different thread though, and even still, I should be able to add them from other people. Thanks for the suggestions though!!