Shoutbox

please help!! MSN name colour! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: please help!! MSN name colour! (/showthread.php?tid=66823)

please help!! MSN name colour! by peppemanca on 09-30-2006 at 06:06 PM

hello there...i have has windows live messenger for a while now and have been tryin to get live plus to work with it... i am using the latest version of windows live messenger with windows xp.....my main problem is that my name appears in the code...i.e..
•$2[•$30g•$1м•$30]•$64ρ•$57є•$48ρ •$39ρ•$30є•$57ℓ•$48ν•$39ι•$30и •$64м•$57α•$48и•$39∂•$30α•$2[• $30α•$1˘•$30]•$0

i know exactly what teh name should look like as it worked with the plus package i had installed with messenger 7.5...it worked for a while on the new windows live messenger but now it doesnt appear in colour!!:S...ive tryed everything i can think off and still nothing happens....the other thing is that it is not just my name which is not in colour....everyone elses name which i know should be in colour aswell...still appears as a code:S....somebody on this should be able to help me...hopefully(Y)...i would be very grateful if this problem was resolved as i am sick and tired of my name not being in colour an short!! lol....thank you for your assistance!

peppemanca

RE: PLEASE HELP!! MSN NAME COLOUR! by Zahid™ on 09-30-2006 at 06:20 PM

Check if this option is ticked, in the MP!Plus preferences go on Customize! and tick Use formatting attributes to colour contact name is Messenger windows.

RE: PLEASE HELP!! MSN NAME COLOUR! by peppemanca on 09-30-2006 at 07:12 PM

ive got a plus! bit on the top of the screen...but when i go to it...it only says compatibality info...and ive followed tht until ive downloaded the latest version....but it still doesnt do anything:S

RE: PLEASE HELP!! MSN NAME COLOUR! by Zahid™ on 09-30-2006 at 07:16 PM

That means you either have WLM 8.1 or you don't have Messenger Plus live. Download MsgPlus Live from here: http://www.msgpluslive.net/

RE: PLEASE HELP!! MSN NAME COLOUR! by peppemanca on 09-30-2006 at 07:20 PM

i do tho....mines looks like ur picture under ur comments... it says windows live messenger,,,except it does not say beta....is this the problem?

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by Zahid™ on 09-30-2006 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by peppemanca
That means you either have WLM 8.1 or you don't have Messenger Plus live. Download MsgPlus Live from here:
Yes you have Windows Live Messenger but i don't think you have Messenger Plus Live so download and install it and then see if it shows the colours. Download from: http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/
RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by peppemanca on 09-30-2006 at 09:32 PM

ive tryed that already:S...it doesnt do anything to it...ive tryed it like ten times aswell lol

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by Chris4 on 09-30-2006 at 10:53 PM

Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs

Now see if the following is there:
- Windows Live Messenger
- Messenger Plus! Live

Also check in C:\Program Files\ for the folders 'MSN Messenger' and 'Messenger Plus! Live'.

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by peppemanca on 09-30-2006 at 11:38 PM

cheers...but tryed tht aswell....ive deffinatly got it all...just colouring doesnt seem to work:S

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by Zahid™ on 10-01-2006 at 10:31 AM

Try installing WLM again from: http://g.msn.com/8reen_us/EN_NOUS/INSTALL_MSN_MESSENGER_DL.EXE and then Plus! Live should work.

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by peppemanca on 10-01-2006 at 10:45 AM

it was installing until it says i need windows xp or later:S...i already have windows xp pro.

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by hb68247 on 08-27-2008 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by peppemanca
hello there...i have has windows live messenger for a while now and have been tryin to get live plus to work with it... i am using the latest version of windows live messenger with windows xp.....my main problem is that my name appears in the code...i.e..
•$2[•$30g•$1м•$30]•$64ρ•$57є•$48ρ •$39ρ•$30є•$57ℓ•$48ν•$39ι•$30и •$64м•$57α•$48и•$39∂•$30α•$2[• $30α•$1˘•$30]•$0

i know exactly what teh name should look like as it worked with the plus package i had installed with messenger 7.5...it worked for a while on the new windows live messenger but now it doesnt appear in colour!!:S...ive tryed everything i can think off and still nothing happens....the other thing is that it is not just my name which is not in colour....everyone elses name which i know should be in colour aswell...still appears as a code:S....somebody on this should be able to help me...hopefully(Y)...i would be very grateful if this problem was resolved as i am sick and tired of my name not being in colour an short!! lol....thank you for your assistance!

peppemanca

I here you are having trouble with your colour msn. 2 get the colour back just go on www.google.com and type in Messenger Plus and then click on the first link, then when its loaded click on download and it should happily download. Good Luck;)
RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by stephster on 08-31-2008 at 11:41 PM

Can sum111 pleaseee help me???:( i first downloaded Messenger Plus last year n it was fine then wen i downloaded sweetim it started deleten inself and id have to redownload it every day then about 2 days ago i redownloaded Messenger Plus n it installed ect n then wen i came on msn it wasnt installed on it if u kno wat i mean all my scripts wer gone n the Messenger Plus icons wernt there anymore, i jus uninstalled sweetim n i still cant get Messenger Plus on my msn anyyy ideaaasss wat it mitee beeeeee??????????????????

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by djdannyp on 08-31-2008 at 11:48 PM

Please read the instructions in the following thread to ensure that SweetIm is completely removed and won't conflict with Messenger Plus anymore

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by stephster on 09-01-2008 at 06:50 PM

Lol, i hadnt uninstalled sweetim porperly thats why lol its works now thanks chuck =] x

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by stephster on 09-04-2008 at 07:36 PM

Can sum1 help mee please XD
i downloaded the onlie n total blocked script wer it shows how many contacts are blocked and online ect but now i cant get it off any knoo howw???????????????????

RE: please help!! MSN name colour! by djdannyp on 09-04-2008 at 10:29 PM

Go into Plus preferences, then click "Scripts" then click on the script and select "Remove"