Shoutbox

Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! (/showthread.php?tid=66825)

Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by BulletProofBoy on 09-30-2006 at 08:19 PM

Im using WLM 8.0 With 4.01 plus

I started using plus from version 1

When i had msn messenger 7.5  i had, plus,

well on MSGPLUS!Live theres no Auto message

i really loved that feature in MSG PLUS!3

i wish it comes back in the next version of plus

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by deAd on 09-30-2006 at 08:20 PM

What do you mean by Auto Message? you can set a message to automatically be sent when you lock messenger or change your custom status, and on a couple other events.

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by BulletProofBoy on 09-30-2006 at 08:26 PM

You forgot auto messages?

In msn 7.5

when you had plus with 7.5

with a online or offline person,go to msgplus features,and it says automessage

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by Chris4 on 09-30-2006 at 08:39 PM

There is no 'Automessage'. Well I can't see it anyway.

Do you mean 'Set Come-back Message'?

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by BulletProofBoy on 09-30-2006 at 08:52 PM

that also chris

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by Chris4 on 09-30-2006 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
    *** FEATURES THAT MIGHT/WILL NOT COME BACK ***

** These are features that won't come back at all. That means not in 4.00, not in 4.10 and not later. The are probably more features than is listed below that won't come back, but I only put those on the list that are 100% confirmed by Patchou. If you know another features that wn't come back and Patchou confirmed this, please reply to this topic so I can update the list. Link to the topic where Patcou confirms if you can.

- Plugins (completely replaced by scripts)
    - Comeback Messages (became useless because you can now use offline messaging)
    - Custom Names (WLM has it's own rename, altough it's less features)

What features are missing in Plus! Live?

This feature will not come back. Just double click on an offline contact and send a message. They will recieve it when they come online.

quote:
Originally posted by Windows Live Help
# You can send instant messages when your contacts are offline, and they will receive your messages the next time they sign in to Messenger.
# You can only send your offline contacts text or emoticons.

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by NiteMare on 09-30-2006 at 11:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BulletProofBoy
Im using WLM 8.0 With 4.01 plus

I started using plus from version 1

When i had msn messenger 7.5  i had, plus,

well on MSGPLUS!Live theres no Auto message

i really loved that feature in MSG PLUS!3

i wish it comes back in the next version of plus

are you refuring to the auto-message that comes with teh Personalized status?, if you are, that IS a feature of 4.01

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by qgroessl on 10-01-2006 at 05:58 AM

I don't like that offline messaging didn't come back...  Main reason is this:

I've noticed that my offline messages never send... unless the other person has WLM.... With MP! it would work all the time...

That's just my two cents worth ;)

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by Sypher on 10-01-2006 at 09:53 AM

Offline messages only work from WLM to WLM, that's correct.

I'd like to see this feature coming back, because you can set a time-out on it. On the other hand, the WLM function also delivers your message when you are offline. The MP! function will only do that when you're both online.

RE: RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by riahc4 on 10-02-2006 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
I don't like that offline messaging didn't come back...  Main reason is this:

I've noticed that my offline messages never send... unless the other person has WLM.... With MP! it would work all the time...

That's just my two cents worth ;)

Incorrect. From 7.5 above it works.
RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by frad on 12-02-2006 at 01:28 AM

That's too bad.  I too would like this feature back.  Because, while Windows Live Messenger (and MSN 7.5) might support offline messaging now, there are many other ways to connect to MSN that still do not support it.

Namely these do NOT support offline messaging yet: Any Web-Messenger (official or otherwise), the official MSN 6.0 for Mac, any third party client such as Trillian and for the Linux crowd Gaim.

I bet that most people who use Windows Live Messenger, still have a few contacts that use these other clients I mentioned.  Especially contacts who use other OSes (Mac & Linux).  It would be nice to be able to send them "offline messages" or ComeBack messages.

I think this is a valid reason for this features return.  Just my two cents.  What does everyone else think?

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by CookieRevised on 12-02-2006 at 02:36 AM

Although it is correct that not all clients are able to recieve offline messages, people with MSN Messenger 7.5 or higher can read them. And that is the majority of all.

Together with this, the offline messaging and Plus!'s old comeback-message are extremely similar (though there are indeed differences).

Since offline messages became available, only one or two requests have been made to bring back the comeback-messages (and I know one of those requestors was very satisfied to discover the offline message system from Messenger itself; he didn't knew it existed)

And to add to this: a comeback-system like the one in Plus! 3 is extremely very easy and short to make with a script.

So putting everything together, I don't think it justifies it to add this back. There are, IMHO, more important and much more requested things to bring back (eg: custom names with (!N) support).

Thus, a script is the best solution...

I'm not against bringing it back though... but I know I wont use it anymore (and if I need something to send to someone while we both are online, I either make a notification or either make a script with a few lines of code to do it)

But that's just my personal opinion.

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by GoodThings2Life on 12-04-2006 at 07:25 PM

I believe he is referring to the ability to have custom toast popup messages.

RE: Hey People and patchou,I WANT THIS BACK! by joemailey on 12-05-2006 at 03:15 PM

Hmmmmmmmm

Come back Msg's or whatever you want to call them.

I believe thy should come back.
Al thou i never used them, i have a growing need to have something like that with multiple people using trillan and other Messengers.

Including Web Messengers.

This feature in my opinion would work perfectly well.

As i have friends from all around the world, some who work only with mac's.

others were msn doesn't work, when there actually in work although web messenger does.

Cookie says most ppl use 7.5 and WLM, which is true to a degree. BUT maybe when there only at home yes. but thru out the summer friends and family all summer long were all on Web messenger or other messengers for quite some time. vacations, holidays etc.

another holiday season approaches and already i have seen web messenger appear. with friends in other locations for Christmas.

E-Mails would work thou, but people tend to follow your msgs faster than e-mail.