Shoutbox

Who here smokes? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Who here smokes? (/showthread.php?tid=66880)

Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-02-2006 at 06:55 AM

Just seeing how many people here smoke tobacco, I don't care about any other illegal substances.

I'm also curious as to why you do (or don't) smoke?

I don't because I find it a disgusting habit, it makes people stink and isn't "sociable" whatsoever, I don't find walking through a pub and getting a faceful of used carbon dioxide blown at me sociable at all. I'm glad it's being banned in public :).

RE: Who here smokes? by lordy on 10-02-2006 at 06:58 AM

I can't stand being around people who are/have been smoking, it makes me want to throw up, the smell just makes me ill.

I always yell at my friends because they smoke, but they all know not to do it around me.

RE: Who here smokes? by Underlord on 10-02-2006 at 06:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I don't because I find it a disgusting habit, it makes people stink and isn't "sociable" whatsoever, I don't find walking through a pub and getting a faceful of used carbon dioxide blown at me sociable at all. I'm glad it's being banned in public :).
Hear, hear.
RE: Who here smokes? by Nathan on 10-02-2006 at 07:01 AM

My mum and dad smoke. My dad had tongue cancer becasue of it. So this pushes me away from wanting to smoke even more ;)

RE: Who here smokes? by Kenji on 10-02-2006 at 07:02 AM

I dont smoke (im 14) and i never will:P i think the smells horrible and makes me feel ill.

Speaking for my mum and dad though, we run a pub and when they ban smoking in pubs, we would loose quite abit of money as mopst of our customers smoke :undecided:. We havent got a pub garden so they would have to stand out the front to smoke, i dont think people would do that.

So, even though i hate smoking, i dont think it should be banned as many pubs will loose customers and money :tongue:.

RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-02-2006 at 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy
I can't stand being around people who are/have been smoking, it makes me want to throw up, the smell just makes me ill.

I always yell at my friends because they smoke, but they all know not to do it around me.

I got very drunk once and smoked a bit too much (that was back when I didn't care that much about smoking) and I went to the Wacky Warehouse and threw up everywhere. Since then the smell of smoke literally makes me heave. I always yell at my sister and her girlfriend because they constantly smoke, the first thing they do in the morning is go out and have a cigarette, you can't be that dependant that the first thing you do in the morning isn't brush your teeth or get dressed, it's make yourself stink already by having a fag. It's pathetic and it really pisses me off, they're like "i'm quitting" but I swear to god that they shouldn't be so god damn weak and just give up:@. Man, there's my rant... Smoking really pisses me off, I stole their fags once as a joke so they wouldn't smoke them and they went mental at me, they were at the point where they were both going to try and hurt me to get them back :-/.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
My mum and dad smoke. My dad had tongue cancer becasue of it. So this pushes me away from wanting to smoke even more ;)

Yet he still smokes? That's idiotic, no offence to your dad.

Why do people still smoke even after all of the warnings and first hand experience they've had?

quote:
Originally posted by Dazmatic
I dont smoke (im 14) and i never will:P i think the smells horrible and makes me feel ill.

Speaking for my mum and dad though, we run a pub and when they ban smoking in pubs, we would loose quite abit of money as mopst of our customers smoke :undecided:. We havent got a pub garden so they would have to stand out the front to smoke, i dont think people would do that.

So, even though i hate smoking, i dont think it should be banned as many pubs will loose customers and money :tongue:.

There's a pub in my area that has a massive non-smoking area and a small area where you can eat, drink and smoke at the same time, the business is thriving and it's a really nice pub to go to, the business for them is thriving, so I doubt the smoking ban will cause any major damage to your parents pub, as long as you serve food that is.
RE: Who here smokes? by Underlord on 10-02-2006 at 07:06 AM

quote:
It's very well to say that but once you start making exceptions, where does it stop?
RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-02-2006 at 07:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Underlord
quote:
It's very well to say that but once you start making exceptions, where does it stop?

Exactly.

What annoys me the most is when people smoke around their kids, other peoples kids and their friends who don't smoke. They can smoke all they want, all they're doing is killing themselves, making their lives a lot shorter than what we already are, shouldn't you cherish the time you've got in the world? There's no need to make the peoples' lives around you shorter, damage your own body all you want, but how fair is it if you're damaging the bodies of children and other people around you?

I'm in a proper rant now, it makes me want to go into all shops in my area and just burn all of the fags and the other supplies of fags that they already have, eithe rthat or throw them in a giant tub of milk.
RE: Who here smokes? by Aeryn on 10-02-2006 at 07:18 AM

I have never tried smoking and I never will. I think already the smell of tobacco is disgusting enough, can't understand how people can do it and why they should even do it. After all, it's unpleasant, unhealthy and spends your money.

RE: Who here smokes? by Woraug on 10-02-2006 at 07:20 AM

I smoke, and I honestly don't give two shits about what other people think about my habbit.  It's my body, and I'll do what I please to it.  And if other people don't like it, stay the hell away from me.

RE: RE: Who here smokes? by CookieRevised on 10-02-2006 at 07:25 AM

quote:
I always yell at my sister and her girlfriend because they constantly smoke, the first thing they do in the morning is go out and have a cigarette, you can't be that dependant that the first thing you do in the morning isn't brush your teeth or get dressed, it's make yourself stink already by having a fag.
Yes you can be that dependant. It's called an addiction.

quote:
It's pathetic and it really pisses me off, they're like "i'm quitting" but I swear to god that they shouldn't be so god damn weak and just give up:@. Man, there's my rant...
It's not pathetic. And it has got nothing todo with being "weak" or not...

For all who think like that: smoking is an addiction. It has many forms/levels of addication too. Calling people who smoke weak or pathetic is stupid in itself. It only shows that you do not know what a smoking addication really means.

All you can say about it is that you don't like it and that it is unhealthy. Do you think those who smoke don't know that? No, they know this perfectly well too. As long as you have never been addicted to something I don't think you can really talk about the aspects you talk about (except for saying you think it should be banned, it is unhealthy, etc of course; but not about why people smoke, that they are pathetic, that they should quit just like that, etc as you really do not know what it is to be addicted to something like that).

I don't say it is healthy; of course it is very unhealthy for you and others. But as I said it is an addiction, and that is not only in your mind but it certainly is also physical. And it is the balance between tose two which makes certain people able to stop cold turkey and others not.

Wanting to quit is only a small part of the whole process. Again, this has got nothing todo with being weak...

In fact, extremely many studies have shown that they who quit cold turkey actually start smoking again later (even years later) when a certain situation (stress?) comes up again.

quote:
Smoking really pisses me off, I stole their fags once as a joke so they wouldn't smoke them and they went mental at me, they were at the point where they were both going to try and hurt me to get them back :-/.
I'm not surprised at all. Smoking is a hard drugs (the only legal one); you don't take someone heroine from him and expect him to say thank you in a very nice manner. Of course they go balistik (or go get new ones) when you do...

quote:
Why do people still smoke even after all of the warnings and first hand experience they've had?
again, addiction....
RE: Who here smokes? by Weyzza on 10-02-2006 at 07:27 AM

My dad was a heavy smoker, but after he got his thyroid removed, he stopped smoking.
And I am honestly proud of him.

He had been smoking since he was teenager (he underwent the surgery when he was 50).
My mom, my sister and I told him to stop smoking over and over again, but it didn't work. He worked it out himself.

When someone smokes in a public area, just cover your nose or mouth in front of him/her.
If the smoker is smart, then s/he will realize that you have been annoyed by the smoke.
If the smoker isn't, don't blame them. Blame the cigarettes :tongue:

RE: RE: Who here smokes? by CookieRevised on 10-02-2006 at 07:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
My mom, my sister and I told him to stop smoking over and over again, but it didn't work. He worked it out himself.
excatly... forcing someone to stop smoking and constantly nagging him/her about it will even work in the other way around.

If someone wants to stop he must do it on his own. And that means he/she must figure out for himself when and how to stop. This can be with the aid of medical assistance, with the aid of a buddy, or without anything at all. But the point is they should figure it out and they shouldn't be nagged around constantly about this as that will almost never ever work at all...
RE: Who here smokes? by Hank on 10-02-2006 at 08:11 AM

why i dont smoke, diagnosed with tongue cancer in 2003 , might add, ya dont have to be a smoker to get tongue cancer or any mouth cancer, , just being around other smokers  can give you cancer

RE: Who here smokes? by Chestah on 10-02-2006 at 08:13 AM

Smoking is stupid. Thats basicially it in a nutshell.

RE: Who here smokes? by surfichris on 10-02-2006 at 08:15 AM

Anybody can quit if they put in the time and effort.

RE: Who here smokes? by Dempsey on 10-02-2006 at 08:20 AM

I don't smoke and don't ever plan to.  I've had plenty of oppitunitues to, and often was asked if I wanted 'a drag' by mates etc, but always turned it down, so now all my mates know I don't smoke and respect that decision, don't ask me and try not to smoke right in my face and stuff.  I don't think I can think of one of my mates who doesn't smoe, almost all of them keep saying they're trying to quit so I try and encourage them to.  I don't like going out and coming home stinking of smoke.  I've also been told by doctors, in my paticular case I'd be very stupid to start smoking, so there's another reason not to.

RE: Who here smokes? by Stigmata on 10-02-2006 at 08:58 AM

I dont smoke. Dont want to.

I just find the whole idea of it rather stupid :S

Can't see why people start :S

RE: RE: Who here smokes? by linx05 on 10-02-2006 at 09:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
Tell you, the worst kind of non-smokers' the kind where you're smoking and they just walk up to you … [starts coughing affectedly] I always say, "Shit, you're lucky you don't smoke. That's some cough you got there, dude. I'm smoking, you're coughing. Wow." That's kind of cruel, man, going up to a smoker and coughing. Shit! Do you go up to crippled people dancing too, you fucks? "Hey, Mr. Wheelchair. What's your problem? Come on ironside, race ya!"
lmao that was good.

What I don't get is why pregnant girls women smoke. Now, take that same lady when her child is born. What would she do if you started to blow smoke into the childs face? Mmmmm

A guy once told me it is un-Australian to ban smoking from public places. He then went on to tell me how over in the US they have beer and smoking in Maccas. Whoop-di-do. I would rather I didn't come home from a big night of drinking smelling like an ash tray. People still smoke outside, we're not stopping them. Why should we die from passive smoking because of someone elses problem?
RE: Who here smokes? by Underlord on 10-02-2006 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
imagine the world if everyone was forcing their principles down your throat at every opportunity.
http://www.startribune.com/462/story/709262.html
RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-02-2006 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
again, addiction....
Addiction is just a word to be honest, you can only be addicted to something if you're weak to it, if you're strong then you can give that addiction up, people have done it a lot all over the world. I'm not sure whether you're condoning people smoking or what :s.
quote:
Originally posted by Woraug
I smoke, and I honestly don't give two shits about what other people think about my habbit.  It's my body, and I'll do what I please to it.  And if other people don't like it, stay the hell away from me.
Well that's a great outlook on smoking, well done. Seriously though, you go somewhere and try to keep away from smoking, in the room that I'm in now, out of about 20 people i bet 10 of them smoke, try keeping away from that every time you want to go out to enjoy yourself and have a nice meal. I'd rather have a nice meal and come back smelling nice, rather than have a nice meal ruined by the smell of dirty old fags and go home smelling like a filthy ashtray. Stop trying to be so severe about your smoking, it's not our fault you're killing yourself, but well done for that! I hope you enjoy killing your family :).
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton

That's exactly what I'm saying, all it needs is the effort, but people are too weak to give it up, it's lame.
RE: Who here smokes? by Plik on 10-02-2006 at 10:23 AM

quote:
You do realise that by smokeing around other people you are making them breathe in your harmful smoke? So unless you always smoke nowhere near any other person you can't say "its my body" because its not just you you're affecting.

I've never smoked in my life, never wanted to get into it. It doesn't do anything for you (like the effects of other drugs) but it does slowly kill you, make you unfit and cost a lot of money.
Most of my friends smoke and none of the say i should start, and most of them wish they hadn't.

However I gave up with lecturing people about smoking a long time ago, it takes personal will power to quit, so they have the want to do quit themselves before they will.
RE: Who here smokes? by Supersonicdarky on 10-02-2006 at 11:34 AM

i dont and never will because it will be the end of me [Image: msn_sad.gif]

only SOMETIMES, when i smell the smoke it reminds me of the time before i moved to canada because russia is a big smoking country. otherwise i hate it.

RE: Who here smokes? by Sunshine on 10-02-2006 at 11:52 AM

I don't smoke anymore. I used too but i had to quit due to another health issue (before you ask, no that's not caused by the smoking).

quote:
In fact, extremely many studies have shown that they who quit cold turkey actually start smoking again later (even years later) when a certain situation (stress?) comes up again.
The way you quit doesn't really matter..it's the stress factor making people smoke again. I am a perfect example of that..after beeing off smoking for 13 years i started again for that very reason. Before i could quit again i tried the smoke less then quit way too (you know about that...London)..but that doesn't work, at some point stress will trigger it and you will smoke more and more again thinking hey i'll smoke less again tomorrow (giving yourself an excuse to smoke that one cigarette more cuz you're stressing about something). Quiting cold turkey is hard too but it is the only way...also looking at some gross pictures and readin stories about those who got seriously ill when you feel the urge to smoke again helps.

To all who keep telling people to stop smoking: the care is appreciated but don't overdo it because that will work the other way around. You will stress the smoker by nagging about his/her smoking. Smokers do know its unhealthy, but quitting isn't as easy as it seems to those who never been addicted to anything.

RE: Who here smokes? by Steven on 10-02-2006 at 12:09 PM

I never smoked, never will, (at least i hope thats true) The teachers in my school stress it out so much "dont smoke, dont smoke, dont do drugs, dont buy crack". I find it makes people more curious to try those things. Heres my story(s). My mom, dad, used to smoke, but forutatnly they werent weak to give up, my sister.,, i dont know, because if i asked her, (she is 18) she wouldn't tell me. AS for my grandpa. :( He is 69, he startded smoking when he was 17, or 18 and when he was 55, he had this heart surgey, when they take a veign out of your leg, and transfer the blood to your heart or someting :S. And what do you know... He still smokes,s ometimes he lies to my grandpa and quit.. So of the people you know that smoke,, do you know how MUCH they smoke a day? My grandpa id say half a pack or less..

RE: Who here smokes? by wolfeboy100 on 10-02-2006 at 12:23 PM

i tried it once and i hated it and i will never do it again and i feel like living a little longer too

RE: Who here smokes? by Steven on 10-02-2006 at 12:26 PM

How could you wolfeboy? :P

RE: Who here smokes? by John Anderton on 10-02-2006 at 12:34 PM

quote:
I agree and btw, its been banned here for ages. Your country is slow :P
RE: Who here smokes? by lrac522 on 10-02-2006 at 01:00 PM

I tried to understand what smoking does to someone, I tried it once and it does nothing but leaves an unpleasant breath.:(

RE: RE: Who here smokes? by CookieRevised on 10-02-2006 at 01:05 PM

quote:
quote:
again, addiction....
Addiction is just a word to be honest, you can only be addicted to something if you're weak to it, if you're strong then you can give that addiction up, people have done it a lot all over the world. I'm not sure whether you're condoning people smoking or what :s.
calling people weak because they can't quit just like that only shows you don't know a thing about what an addiction is tbh.

Addiction is far from just a word. And no, I certainly do not recommend smoking to anybody, or whatever other strong addiction, but until you are strongly addicted to something you can't talk about like that, sorry.
RE: Who here smokes? by lrac522 on 10-02-2006 at 01:22 PM

quote:
Addiction is far from just a word. And no, I certainly do not recommend smoking to anybody, or whatever other strong addiction, but until you are strongly addicted to something you can't talk about like that, sorry.
I totally agree but can you explain the feeling you get when you smoke or what it does for you?

RE: Who here smokes? by CookieRevised on 10-02-2006 at 01:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
quote:
I totally agree but can you explain the feeling you get when you smoke or what it does for you?
When you need a smoke, the urge is extremely bad in such a way that you can not concentrate, you can get all moody and you physically will be drained, you feel extremely weak (physically speaking) and you think about nothing else but getting a smoke. Once you have your smoke, you can focus/concentrate extremely good, you feel relaxed, you feel complete.

Compare it to nothing having eaten for several days... You have troubles concentrating too then, you also feel physically weak, and you want food badly...

It is far from "feeling or being cool" as that has got nothing todo with it. It may have something todo with it with starting smokers and stuff, but I'm talking about the strong mental and physical addiction after years of smoking.

So I'm not talking about the "occasional smoker" or "social smoker" (if there is such a thing).

** note: physical...almost everybody who talks about smoking is bad, etc or opens a discussion about this (eg: like here), forget that the physical addiction is one hell of a big factor here. The degree in physical addiction and mental addiction differs from person to person too.

Smoking can alter your body, and I'm not talking about your longs which will be damaged permanently or getting cancer, but I'm talking about alterations in such a way that your body simply needs the nicotine to function! This is because the nicotine and other chemical garbage actually starts to replace other (natural) substances in your brain.

Hence why stating that everybody can quit by will power only is BS, just as stating that you're "weak" if you can't quit.

RE: Who here smokes? by qgroessl on 10-02-2006 at 03:02 PM

The only reason I do it is cause a cigarette relaxes me after something that takes a lot of stress physically or emotionally... I'm trying to quit... but it's one of the hardest things ever

RE: Who here smokes? by Lourix on 10-02-2006 at 03:11 PM

All the money people spend on smoking they could spend on a holiday.

RE: Who here smokes? by prashker on 10-02-2006 at 03:21 PM

I smoke water

RE: Who here smokes? by Tasha on 10-02-2006 at 03:24 PM

Don't smoke, never ever want to. I think it's a stupid idea, however;

my mum and dad smoked for as long as I remember. No matter how much I told them not to smoke, I realised exactly how hard it is to come off an addiction. My mum doesn't smoke anymore because she went into hospital, and obviously couldn't smoke, and she was too concentrated on what was wrong with her to want to smoke, and yeah, she managed to give up. My dad never really bothered. *shrug*

I would never say my mum is weak because she couldn't give up in all that time. It's an addiction, and Cookie has done enough explaining on that.

Really, if you've never got addicted to smoking, never been there, I doubt you know what it's like, so you can't call someone weak for it. I don't smoke, never will, but I can still understand how bad it is, and I don't even blame my parents for the fact I was a passive smoker. At least I'm in a smoke-free environment now. :happy:

RE: Who here smokes? by Lourix on 10-02-2006 at 03:25 PM

That goes deep Tasha good on ya :)

RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-02-2006 at 03:49 PM

Don't assume that I don't know what an addiction is, I used to smoke a hell of a lot when I was at studley high for about two years, came off them like a switch, it was hard but as soon as I said "no" that was it, even though I had the urge every now and then, you just have to dig your nails into your leg or whatever.

I know I may sound hypocritical by saying this now, but yeah... I used to smoke, I'm not happy that I did that. It's probably taken a few years off my life unfortunately, and now I'm a complete anti-smoker.

JAnderton: it's good that India have banned smoking like that in your country, it's the same in Spain, and business is still as usual, the government make too much money off of cigarettes to ban them though, they don't care about peoples health, all they care about is money, so they're slowly bringing on a ban, but not a complete ban, as they get money off of the high taxes on tobacco (a pack of 20 is now ~£5), but on the same note they also have to pay for the NHS so they're gaining money and losing money at the same time.

I trail off a lot, I know.

RE: Who here smokes? by RaPLeX on 10-02-2006 at 04:06 PM

nope,i never smoke.its disturbing me.Also i dont like smokers.
But generality of my friends smoking :(

RE: Who here smokes? by hmaster on 10-02-2006 at 05:05 PM

I don't smoke anything besides Shisha.
I hate cigarettes though, don't like the smell, taste or what it does to you.

RE: Who here smokes? by kao on 10-02-2006 at 05:24 PM

i smoke, i dont know why, i just do. i'm glad it's getting banned in public in a way, it might make me smoke less =p

RE: Who here smokes? by Weyzza on 10-02-2006 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
Really? :p

According to Wikipedia entry for shisha/hookah which quotes from Journal of Periodontology (Nov. 2005), it offers at least the same effect of cigarette smoking to your body.
Finding more information before you try something is always proven to be the best.

lol hookah
RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-02-2006 at 06:03 PM

quote:

Are you a caterpillar?
RE: Who here smokes? by vaccination on 10-02-2006 at 06:41 PM

quote:
quote:

Are you a caterpillar?

:lol:

Alice in Wonderland I presume?

Anyway, I don't smoke and hope i never will, i think it is a disgusting habit but, I know once your addicted it is hard to stop.

My mum and brother smoke, but I'm okay with it though. My brother doesn't live with us so he doesn't bother me at home although when he did live with me i did smell it a lot which i didn't like. When he comes to visit he is quite aware of smoking around others though and is usually like "I'm going outside for a bit" when he needs one so he doesn't smoke around us.

He is quite heavily addicted. :(

My mum smokes out side at night mostly but tries to get rid of the smell before she comes back inside. My mums not heavily addicted as she only smokes one a night at the most and only smokes, i believe, because of stress.

Oh and i have tried it but it's neither cool nor fun nor a great thing to do.

Also i am a chronic asthmatic so i couldn't smoke for very long before i died. :P

RE: Who here smokes? by blackjack on 10-02-2006 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton

x2 :P

My dad used to smoke a lot, he started when he was a teenager..

And he quit coz he loves my sister, Shes 10 years now.

And im very proud of him.

I used to smoke too. But i quit, and now that im out and see other people smoking im like.. Wtf.. that doesnt even look ''cool''

Smoking is not cool at all and youre not getting popular with it :P
RE: Who here smokes? by DarkMe on 10-02-2006 at 07:56 PM

not yet :refuck:

RE: Who here smokes? by MX-G on 10-02-2006 at 08:02 PM

i smoke

RE: Who here smokes? by Voldemort on 10-02-2006 at 08:49 PM

then yousuck :)

smoking sucks.

RE: Who here smokes? by MX-G on 10-02-2006 at 09:00 PM

why?, if you don't like it, it's not my problem :P but i like smoke

RE: Who here smokes? by hmaster on 10-02-2006 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
quote:
Really? :p

According to Wikipedia entry for shisha/hookah which quotes from Journal of Periodontology (Nov. 2005), it offers at least the same effect of cigarette smoking to your body.
Finding more information before you try something is always proven to be the best.

lol hookah
I know it can, but it has flavours which makes it taste nice. Not like I do it regularly so I'm not really bothered.

RE: Who here smokes? by Woraug on 10-02-2006 at 09:15 PM

I have to agree with some comments.  Quitting smoking really isn't that hard.  I had to quit for a year because I was in jail, and I didn't have a single problem.

[Image: smoke.jpg]

RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-02-2006 at 09:52 PM

quote:
I have to agree with some comments.  Quitting smoking really isn't that hard.  I had to quit for a year because I was in jail, and I didn't have a single problem.

We all know that you could've smuggled 300 packs of fags in up your ass easily, so stop bragging about being all "hard" because you smoke and went to jail. Nobody on this forum is impressed by it, so go show off your tattoos elsewhere.
RE: Who here smokes? by Joa on 10-02-2006 at 10:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
I'm trying to quit... but it's one of the hardest things ever
hang in there.. it took me about 3 years to fully quit. it is hard, but if you push yourself.. u can do it. just don't give up..
i dunno, i tried this - not smoking for like 5 days, then i had like 1-2 cigarettes, and again 5 days withouts a cigarette, and if i needed it i had a couple again. eitherway i tried to not smoke for longer periods of time.. and then i guess my body just got used to getting less nicotine or something.
it will take a long time. some people can quit just in like one day.. my mom did. but most need a longer time.
RE: Who here smokes? by Pinchichuv on 10-02-2006 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
mx-g smokes cigars of flesh
you use to do that voldemort told me
RE: Who here smokes? by MaRy! on 10-02-2006 at 10:53 PM

quote:
indeed :)

argh, I hate smoke :<
RE: Who here smokes? by trini on 10-02-2006 at 11:19 PM

I smoke sometimes, when I go out with my friends, usually weekends. :$

RE: Who here smokes? by MC Inferno on 10-03-2006 at 01:34 AM

i do. it IS big and it IS clever.

RE: Who here smokes? by Panachiba on 10-03-2006 at 02:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MaRy!
quote:
indeed :)

argh, I hate smoke :<

when you are a sport man , yes..Smoke sux :banana:

Smoke is for the weak! :banana:
RE: Who here smokes? by Chrono on 10-03-2006 at 02:17 AM

i dont :)

RE: Who here smokes? by lrac522 on 10-03-2006 at 02:23 AM

What about that patch thingy you wear to quit smoking, do you really think it is of any use? I find it very hard to believe what they say it does. :S

RE: Who here smokes? by albert on 10-03-2006 at 02:29 AM

I don't.

I hate smoke.. Don't ask why, I just do.

RE: RE: Who here smokes? by Woraug on 10-03-2006 at 02:30 AM

quote:
quote:

We all know that you could've smuggled 300 packs of fags in up your ass easily, so stop bragging about being all "hard" because you smoke and went to jail. Nobody on this forum is impressed by it, so go show off your tattoos elsewhere.

I wasn't bragging.  I was stating the reason why.  Don't ever make asumptions about me.
RE: Who here smokes? by marissa on 10-03-2006 at 02:36 AM

no one in my house smokes, but when i used to go to moms or if i go out with my sister i stink :sad:

smoking = bad :banana:

RE: Who here smokes? by Hybrid on 10-03-2006 at 05:38 AM

Why smoke? It kills you, gets you addicted, you lose money... You just fall victim to addiction. My parents are highly addicted to cigarettes and with the money they spend on it we would be able to buy a four-wheeler, or a new car or something (They spend $50 bucks on their fix every week-2 weeks) And they complain about me buying games or computer programs PFFFFFT

RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-03-2006 at 06:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hybrid
Why smoke? It kills you, gets you addicted, you lose money... You just fall victim to addiction. My parents are highly addicted to cigarettes and with the money they spend on it we would be able to buy a four-wheeler, or a new car or something (They spend $50 bucks on their fix every week-2 weeks) And they complain about me buying games or computer programs PFFFFFT

My sister is constantly borrowing money off of my dad, she goes out drinking practically every night and is constantly smoking. She has a full time job and she earns a lot of money, but she smokes like a few packs of fags a day, if that's just two packs a day for an entire wake that's about £70 wasted on smoking... I'm just about ready to go mental at her about using my parents :dodgy:.

If she didn't smoke, she'd have the money.
RE: RE: Who here smokes? by CookieRevised on 10-03-2006 at 06:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
What about that patch thingy you wear to quit smoking, do you really think it is of any use? I find it very hard to believe what they say it does. :S
for some it does work, for others it doesn't
RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-03-2006 at 06:43 AM

quote:
for some it does work, for others it doesn't

Yep, all it does is have nicotine on it, then you gradually change the patches, each one has less and less nicotine on it and in the end you won't need any patches at all.
RE: Who here smokes? by Max on 10-03-2006 at 10:31 AM

Smoking is newb.

RE: Who here smokes? by hmaster on 10-03-2006 at 02:58 PM

[Image: 169034]

RE: Who here smokes? by absorbation on 10-03-2006 at 05:25 PM

No, I think it's just nasty, the way it is told about in schools tobacco seems worse than weed to me.

Unless I am pissed, then I'll smoke myself merry :zippy:

RE: Who here smokes? by vaccination on 10-03-2006 at 05:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
No, I think it's just nasty, the way it is told about in schools tobacco seems worse than weed to me.

Weed doesn't affect your organs so bad, i don't think. (don't quote me on this :P)

Pissed and stoned? Man that's gotta be crazy
RE: Who here smokes? by Plik on 10-03-2006 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

Weed doesn't affect your organs so bad, i don't think. (don't quote me on this :P)

weed then beer, you're in the clear
beer then smoke, i can't remember the rhyme but it messes you up, makes you more likely to be sick :P
RE: Who here smokes? by vaccination on 10-03-2006 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Plik
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:

weed then beer, you're in the clear
beer then smoke, i can't remember the rhyme but it messes you up, makes you more likely to be sick :P

rofl, it sounds bad. i hate being sick :(

:P
RE: Who here smokes? by brian on 10-03-2006 at 09:29 PM

To be honest; I really don't care if anyone does smoke or not.  Just don't smoke near me & suffer the consequences of smoking.

RE: Who here smokes? by Spunky on 10-03-2006 at 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by plik

Yes, yes it is :D Me and mates got pulled aside by police (One of them had kicked a fence down by some garages and somebody called them) and we narrowly managed to avoid getting caught (not saying police are crap in UK, but I don't think they'd have cared tbh)

I didn't smoke until college. Smoked for a while, quit (Same day my mom found out, what are the chances?!)

I can start and stop as and when I want. Not smoked in over 3 months though (yay me!)
RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-05-2006 at 06:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
quote:
Originally posted by plik

Yes, yes it is :D Me and mates got pulled aside by police (One of them had kicked a fence down by some garages and somebody called them) and we narrowly managed to avoid getting caught (not saying police are crap in UK, but I don't think they'd have cared tbh)

I didn't smoke until college. Smoked for a while, quit (Same day my mom found out, what are the chances?!)

I can start and stop as and when I want. Not smoked in over 3 months though (yay me!)

I don't get it, so you still smoke or don't you?

[Image: projects-plastination.jpg]

I can definitely see why people want to smoke now, those black lungs are the shit yo... :dodgy:

That picture was one of the least disturbing ones that I found, the others were just innappropriate for the forum.
RE: Who here smokes? by beware_of_this_guy on 10-08-2006 at 12:56 AM

ewwww thats really grose, well im 2 young 2 smoke and i dont wanna smoke cos it is bad 4 u

RE: Who here smokes? by MX-G on 10-08-2006 at 12:59 AM

em, i said that 3 years ago

RE: Who here smokes? by vaccination on 10-08-2006 at 01:00 AM

quote:

those black lungs are the shit yo... :dodgy:

:lol:
RE: Who here smokes? by -Bogan- on 10-09-2006 at 12:10 PM

quote:

I concur that is the bomb.

Anyone watched Beerfest :) He drags in a cone then skulls beer then exhales. Is it even possible?
RE: Who here smokes? by Eddie on 10-09-2006 at 02:03 PM

Crappy, Harmful, Addictive. No way on this earth am i gonna touch a cigarette :)

RE: Who here smokes? by user27089 on 10-09-2006 at 03:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -Bogan-
quote:

I concur that is the bomb.

Anyone watched Beerfest :) He drags in a cone then skulls beer then exhales. Is it even possible?

Of course it's possible, every heard of 3,2,1?
RE: Who here smokes? by -Bogan- on 10-10-2006 at 02:18 PM

Nopes but nxt time I'll try this out...