Shoutbox

PS2, OR XBOX? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: PS2, OR XBOX? (/showthread.php?tid=66921)

PS2, OR XBOX? by Steven on 10-03-2006 at 12:02 PM

Hey guys, im going after school, (im sick, so i dont think im going to school) to get a new game system. My birthday was june 3rd, and my dad kept delaying his present. :P So I Juste want to ask you guys, what shall i do? In toys R us, there is a deal where you can gget a slim ps2 with a 30 doller gift card for $129 cnd. Then theres xbox. Or should i wait for ps3? Im not getting a game cube because thats just sad. And This is going to be my second ps2, the first 1, broke aafter 5 years, it was some lighting problem. So thanks, your sugegstions would greatly help.

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by foaly on 10-03-2006 at 12:05 PM

a gamecube is not sad... but if you wait just a little while you can get a Wii... that is what I would do...
A ps3 will be way expensive...

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by alexp2_ad on 10-03-2006 at 12:20 PM

You said Gamecube = sad
Gamecube > *
∴ You suck.

But just wait and get one of the next gen consoles, getting a ps2 or xbox now is just silly.

Aww... the therefore symbol doesn't work on the forum... *cries*

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by foaly on 10-03-2006 at 01:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Xbox plus Hdd + chip  > *

ehm... no...

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by John Anderton on 10-03-2006 at 01:42 PM

PS2 with its wide range of awesome games ftw!

If it was between ps3 and the xbox 360, that would be a different story all together. Lets just leave that one till the ps3 comes out :P

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Menthix on 10-03-2006 at 01:58 PM

quote:
If you want to play games get a computer. I use my Xbox as a media center
ROFL, If you want a media center get a computer :p.
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Lourix on 10-03-2006 at 02:49 PM

PS2 because it has loads of cool games.

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by DarkMe on 10-03-2006 at 03:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
totally indeed
can't wait to get ps3
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by John Anderton on 10-03-2006 at 03:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
totally indeed
can't wait to get ps3
Well you do know that ps3 is costly as hell and game developers are fearing that the users (the public) will go for the xbox360 and hence quite a few of the big name game developers are creating their games for only the xbox360 atm. If the availability of ps3 decreases then it loses its major advantage over the xbox360. Well ps3 would still have backward compatibility but that isnt enough to sell it :refuck:

If it doesnt get a huge inflow of next gen games like it always has, its screwed :sad:
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by DarkMe on 10-03-2006 at 03:23 PM

But for a 1280p resolution, the game will look quite good
And the blu-ray discs although are more expnesive, are better than normal dvd's
so i'll wait for ps3 anyway :p

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by user27089 on 10-03-2006 at 03:47 PM

I got a xbox the year it came out (2002) and this year (february) I bought a PS2, and have never bought any new games for my xbox. In my opinion, the PS2 just has better backing from developers, therefore more games for it. Got it for Kingdom Hearts and I completed that, then killzone etc. I've just gone through getting the best games.

Xbox doesn't have Killzone, Kingdom Hearts (1 or 2), Metal Gear Solid (well 3) and I just prefer the graphics on the ps2 for some reason :s.

Don't get a Gamecube, simply because there are only a few good games on it, and they are the Resident Evil games (and a few others like Mario) but that's it. It doesn't have any of the good mainstream games that come out for the PS2 or xbox. Nintendo's are only good for one thing: party games. They are definitely not appropriate for somebody who wants to play the more serious games.

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Steven on 10-03-2006 at 04:10 PM

Decided. I will get a PS2 most likely. And the 30 doller gift card that comes with it, any suggegstions for a new game? I was thinking NHL 07. Thanks your your help,

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by user27089 on 10-03-2006 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
Decided. I will get a PS2 most likely. And the 30 doller gift card that comes with it, any suggegstions for a new game? I was thinking NHL 07. Thanks your your help,

Try some of the Silent Hill games, they're amazing. There's shadow of the colossus, kingdom hearts 1 & 2 (a lot better than the final fantasy games, but made by square-enix), killzone is amazing, black is amazing aswell... just go into a shop and see what they've got. There are a hell of a lot of new amazing games coming out at the moment!
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Chris4 on 10-03-2006 at 05:07 PM

PS2 for the games, XBOX for the graphics.

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by vaccination on 10-03-2006 at 06:02 PM

For the game get Black, it is amazing. :drool:

And get a PS2, like said before more games, and the graphics aren't  bad at all  and the Xbox's aren't like ZOMG I'M ACTUALLY THERE!!!11111. Although that's what some people will tell you ¬¬

quote:
Originally posted by DarkMe
But for a 1280p resolution, the game will look quite good
And the blu-ray discs although are more expnesive, are better than normal dvd's
so i'll wait for ps3 anyway :p

Actually most game developers have said they will only be creating their games in 720p (i think it was 720 *-)) for the moment at least. I can't remember why but i read it somewhere :P
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by user27089 on 10-03-2006 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

And get a PS2, like said before more games, and the graphics aren't  bad at all  and the Xbox's aren't like ZOMG I'M ACTUALLY THERE!!!11111. Although that's what some people will tell you ¬¬

Yeah, people have to remember that there are only two years between the two consoles, and the graphics card in the xbox is only a 64mb one :-/.

Just look at the specs of the two to be honest and you'll see they're not great.

But in first hand experience, a ps2 is better.
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Jimbo on 10-03-2006 at 08:07 PM

PS2 because there is a better game range and most of the games are cheaper then XBOX

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by aNILEator on 10-03-2006 at 08:09 PM

Xbox 360 + wii ;)

xbox 360 is very nice gameplay and graphics that i've experienced, and will soon have lots of legal homebrew games etc.

Wii will be fun and quirky, cheaper and probably generally better

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Zephyr on 10-03-2006 at 08:46 PM

PS2, i probably only voted for it because i have one, but it really is nice to have a huge range of games for your games consol.

I remember my friends had an xbox and there were so many games which i could buy for PS" but he couldn't for his xbox.

I haven't had much experience with an xbox, but i've been really happy with my PS2, the graphics are great as well.

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by vaccination on 10-03-2006 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Yeah, people have to remember that there are only two years between the two consoles, and the graphics card in the xbox is only a 64mb one :-/.

Just look at the specs of the two to be honest and you'll see they're not great.

But in first hand experience, a ps2 is better.

defiantly, i have had both consoles but sold my Xbox after around 6 months because i didn't use it. I completed halo 1 + 2 then sold it(for £190 :cheesy:).

Okay the real test will be Xbox 360 Vs. PS3 on the whole graphics front. (well the whole console front really.)

Also the Wii looks awesome for a bit of fun, it is really great how they are trying to involve the player more. I mean after you play a game or whatever all you wana do is be that person and do the things you just did. :P

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Joe on 10-03-2006 at 10:20 PM

Gamecube + Smash Bros. Melee = w00t!

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Chrono on 10-03-2006 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Can of fresh spam (or chrono)*
Anyway, i'd go for the ps2 cause it has better games :P. Specially if you're into RPG games, square-enix > *.

And i'll support traxor and suggest you to buy shadow of the collosus, it's an amazing game if you own a huge tv (Y).
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by lrac522 on 10-04-2006 at 01:57 AM

I prefer my Super Nintendo. It's SO SAD! but less functions and buttons. :(:(:$

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Steven on 10-04-2006 at 02:16 AM

Thanks everybody but i got the sexy slim ps2  with chronospam

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Nagamasa on 10-04-2006 at 02:25 AM

I voted for Other...wait for a PS3...

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Panachiba on 10-04-2006 at 02:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by atown44
Gamecube + Smash Bros. Melee = w00t!

Wii + Smash Bros "something" = i dont know!+

ps3, it have the best games...just wait a little more , yeah..is expensive ..but that is the cost for a good console.
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by rav0 on 10-04-2006 at 05:40 AM

I'd get a PS2, unless you really want the Xbox for modability or an exclusive game.

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by user27089 on 10-04-2006 at 06:40 AM

quote:
Thanks everybody but i got the sexy slim ps2  with chronospam

Good boy :p.

Now:

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (complete one)
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 2 - 4
Okami
Rule of Rose
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
Killzone
Black

They're like some of the best games out for the ps2 at the moment :D.
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Steven on 10-04-2006 at 11:35 AM

Does anybody know how long sony will keep making ps2 games? Or maybe take a guess. Anyways since microsoft made the NINTENDO ds. :P  Jokes jokes..

RE: RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by rav0 on 10-04-2006 at 12:27 PM

quote:
Does anybody know how long sony will keep making ps2 games?
Probably not big games for very long, but it's not like Sony made lots of games anyway. Games are made by external developers, and they will release on whatever platform will make them more money, so while most people have PS2 and not PS3, games will come out for it.
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by user27089 on 10-04-2006 at 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Probably not big games for very long, but it's not like Sony made lots of games anyway. Games are made by external developers, and they will release on whatever platform will make them more money, so while most people have PS2 and not PS3, games will come out for it.

They'll probably be made for about 2 more years to be honest.
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Chrono on 10-04-2006 at 05:37 PM

quote:
with chronospam
O_o :p
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (complete one)
Shadow of the Colossus
Silent Hill 2 - 4
Okami
Rule of Rose
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
Killzone
Black
Is Okami  out already? :O! *downloads buys :P*

Add to that list Resident Evil 4. And i wouldnt bother with metal gear 3, it's crap compared to MGS2 8-) Stupid long FMV.. im playing a videogame, not watching a movie :P
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by DarkMe on 10-04-2006 at 05:39 PM

Maybe, some game developers still make for ps1
so i won't expect to stop the production on the next years

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by vaccination on 10-04-2006 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

Add to that list Resident Evil 4.

Oh yeah that's an awesome game. I forgot about it :(
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Steven on 10-04-2006 at 09:55 PM

Im probably going to sell some psp games to some newb grade 5. (who btw just got his psp a week ago ;) ) Then i will think about getting another game. because for now i have my old games before it broke and i just got NHL07. And yes, im canadian.. Many possibilitys!! :) They shouldove made the PS2 have a built in wlan feuture like the psp.... BEecause i really dont want to get a 20 feet long ethernet cable and attacth to my ps2..

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by user27089 on 10-05-2006 at 06:37 AM

Well the playstation 2 online feature really isn't very good at all, there are barely any people with it, most people have the old ps2 anyway, where you have to buy the extra addon bit for the network, so there's no point fitting all of the slimline ones with WiFi when hardly any people will be using it.

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by foaly on 10-05-2006 at 09:51 AM

quote:
Ehhmm... Yes...

If you want to play games get a computer. I use my Xbox as a media center I hav about 260gigs worth of episodes on there. There great if u get them modded the play any format of movie and if not dl the codecs for them. Plus you can play some games on there if you want.

So foaly whats so good about the PS2.. apart from some games

when did i say the PS2 was good??
dodgy logic... the Xbox just dont >*  because the only good thing is the media centre...
RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Cloud Strife on 10-06-2006 at 01:34 AM

PS2, cause have cooler games than the Xbox :cheesy:

RE: PS2, OR XBOX? by Steven on 10-06-2006 at 11:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Cloud Strife
PS2, cause have cooler games than the Xbox :cheesy:
I picked it, honestly, because i didnt see a xbox in the store.... But it rocks! Traxor, from the list you gave me, i can only pick 2 of those games, so which should it be?