Shoutbox

Exploding Minature House - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Exploding Minature House (/showthread.php?tid=66930)

Exploding Minature House by M73A on 10-03-2006 at 03:45 PM

hi!

im taking media studies, i would like to make a small cardboard house/street that i can blow up.... (not to bothered how realistic the final thing is but it sounds fun!)

what i need to find out is what is a good explosive to use.... im looking for something that will blast out of the windows in flames, not blow the box to dust,  and not injure anyone...

my old chemistry teacher suggested a rig using custard powder that is ment to work quite well. my other option is using a can of lynx and a lighter?

any help would be great... ill post my final video obviously!:P

RE: Exploding Minature House by user27089 on 10-03-2006 at 03:50 PM

A guy in an airport told me C4 was good once.

I'd go for some small explosives that you can make yourselves in a lab, try using the Jolly Roger Cookbook (I'm sure you'll find it) it has lots of different ways to make explosives in there ;).

RE: Exploding Minature House by DarkMe on 10-03-2006 at 03:54 PM

Try mixing:

R.D.X. 78.5%
Nitroglycerin or Nitroglycol 17.5%
Petroleum Jelly (vaseline) 4%
:p

RE: Exploding Minature House by M73A on 10-03-2006 at 04:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
A guy in an airport told me C4 was good once.

I'd go for some small explosives that you can make yourselves in a lab, try using the Jolly Roger Cookbook (I'm sure you'll find it) it has lots of different ways to make explosives in there ;).

ive got that already, lol :P

tacb and tthb 8-)

all seem a bit extreme/awkward
RE: Exploding Minature House by Ezra on 10-03-2006 at 06:09 PM

vertilizer and diesel ;)

RE: Exploding Minature House by MeEtc on 10-03-2006 at 06:14 PM

WD-40
the smell of it is quite arcid, but spray a bunch in a dish or something on the inside, and you'll get a nice big fireball

RE: RE: Exploding Minature House by Vimto on 10-03-2006 at 06:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
WD-40
the smell of it is quite arcid, but spray a bunch in a dish or something on the inside, and you'll get a nice big fireball

Yeh I'd go with that. Not that I have ever put one in a classroom, certainly never accidentaly set the garage partly on fire and definately not used one to scare the siblings into thinking asteroids were coming ^o)
RE: Exploding Minature House by M73A on 10-03-2006 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.
Yeh I'd go with that. Not that I have ever put one in a classroom, certainly never accidentaly set the garage partly on fire and definately not used one to scare the siblings into thinking asteroids were coming ^o)

lmao sounds promssing!!! may have to give that one a try even if its not for my media work :P
RE: Exploding Minature House by vaccination on 10-03-2006 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.

lmao sounds promssing!!! may have to give that one a try even if its not for my media work :P

Rofl, i think i'm going to try it and blame it on "media work". :P