Shoutbox

(month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? (/showthread.php?tid=66941)

(month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by Nagamasa on 10-04-2006 at 12:11 AM

The _____ Desktops are sorta in the wrong place... wouldn't Tech Talk be a better place?

RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by DarkMe on 10-04-2006 at 12:25 AM

maybe, but it's not directly related to tech
i think they are good as they are :p

RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by CookieRevised on 10-08-2006 at 01:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
The _____ Desktops are sorta in the wrong place... wouldn't Tech Talk be a better place?
T&T would be an even better place.... (especially for all the old ones)
RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by MC Inferno on 10-08-2006 at 02:20 AM

T&T.... ur desktop isnt very techy is it?

RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by user27089 on 10-08-2006 at 08:51 AM

It's always been in General Chit Chat and that's probably where it's going to stay, simply because people talk about each others desktops and you aren't allowed to spam in the thread.

RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by saralk on 10-08-2006 at 12:35 PM

The thread is useless, I highly doubt most people look at each other's desktops, they just post their own in the hope that people are like "wow omg!"

RE: RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by Aeryn on 10-08-2006 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
The thread is useless, I highly doubt most people look at each other's desktops, they just post their own in the hope that people are like "wow omg!"

I personally do look at other people's desktops, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. And imo, that thread has a social function more than anything. By looking at someone's desktop you learn something about what kinda people they are.
RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by MC Inferno on 10-08-2006 at 02:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

dont be silly, there are ppl that do that.
RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by absorbation on 10-08-2006 at 04:14 PM

I look at the desktop threads from ages ago. Brings back memories + helps me find new visual styles etc.

RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by user27089 on 10-09-2006 at 08:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Haz
I personally do look at other people's desktops, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. And imo, that thread has a social function more than anything. By looking at someone's desktop you learn something about what kinda people they are.

Same here, some people have really nice looking desktops, so I ask them for their wallpapers, icons, visualstyle etc.

They aren't useless at all, it's interesting to see what other peoples' desktops are like.
RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by Kenji on 10-09-2006 at 08:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by Haz

Same here, some people have really nice looking desktops, so I ask them for their wallpapers, icons, visualstyle etc.

They aren't useless at all, it's interesting to see what other peoples' desktops are like.

yeh, if they were useless wdz would delete the thread =p

quote:
Originally posted by absorbation
I look at the desktop threads from ages ago. Brings back memories + helps me find new visual styles etc.
I was doing that today, i was bored :p

EDIT: someone post there desktop, i want to post my new one :cheesy:
RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by Chris4 on 10-09-2006 at 08:54 PM

I agree with Haz and Traxor, you can learn a lot from a person by simply looking at their desktop :P

RE: (month) Desktops are all in the wrong place? by Woraug on 10-09-2006 at 09:19 PM

I always look at everyone elses desktop.  Perhaps they've got a wallpaper I like, as was said, a visual style I like.  I might even see that they have a program I've been looking for, for a long time.