Shoutbox

Plus! Meet 2007 - UK - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK (/showthread.php?tid=66993)

Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by user27089 on 10-05-2006 at 03:34 PM

quote:
I've been thinking, and there'd be a great place to go for the 2007 Plus! meet here in the UK.

Global Gathering 2007! It's a weekend festival that is just all dance music and stuff, it's just the other side of Stratford, so it's really accessible to loads of people, there is loads of transport in the week leading up to global gathering, and it's like a three day thing, so it should be awesome.

www.globalgathering.co.uk

before that we could obviously have a day on the thursday, and go out for a meal on that night, then prepare for a few days without sleep (Smilie).

That was from the last thread.

The global gathering festival was just an idea for some people who could start saving up now and come, because I'm going and it'll be really good.

I know this is one of many other threads, but I want this to be serious now, and start organizing a good date, destination and time to have the meet. I don't want this to be a debate of where it's going to be though, so can somebody suggest any good times to have it, a time where a lot of the UK Plus! forum members could go.

I suggest July/August time, or some time during a term holiday.
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by ayjay on 10-05-2006 at 03:41 PM

I reckon it would be better going to a town centre somewhere. Birmingham, Manchester, London... whatever. We can all chat, go somewhere for lunch etc. We don't really need to be doing something like a festival :P

btw, there's no way I'd be going to the global gathering thing :P

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Chris4 on 10-05-2006 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I suggest July/August time, or some time during a term holiday.
Hmm.. people might be on holiday though?
But I guess that would be the best time.

Location is the perfect idea though :)
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by user27089 on 10-05-2006 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ayjay
I reckon it would be better going to a town centre somewhere. Birmingham, Manchester, London... whatever. We can all chat, go somewhere for lunch etc. We don't really need to be doing something like a festival :P

Yeah, I'm not sure about the city centre though, are you sure somewhere a bit less cliché would be a bit better, somewhere like Stratford (not necessarily stratford, but somewhere like that). A nice small town where there isn't loads of congestion and we can just have a nice relaxed day out :).
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by ayjay on 10-05-2006 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure about the city centre though, are you sure somewhere a bit less cliché would be a bit better, somewhere like Stratford (not necessarily stratford, but somewhere like that). A nice small town where there isn't loads of congestion and we can just have a nice relaxed day out :).

Wherever's fine by me :P Preferably near the midlands (a)

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Lourix on 10-05-2006 at 03:50 PM

You all have to keep in mind where people in the UK live, they may not live close to the Midlands.

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by ayjay on 10-05-2006 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
You all ahve to keep in mind where people in the UK live, they may not live close to the Midlands.

You can take any single point in the UK and say people might not live close to it :P
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by user27089 on 10-05-2006 at 03:53 PM

quote:
You all have to keep in mind where people in the UK live, they may not live close to the Midlands.
quote:
quote:
You all ahve to keep in mind where people in the UK live, they may not live close to the Midlands.

You can take any single point in the UK and say people might not live close to it :P

Well the Midlands are the central of England (which pretty much includes the UK) so somewhere in the Midlands would be most appropriate place for this event to take place.
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by markee on 10-05-2006 at 04:20 PM

quote:
From top to bottom of the whole of the UK takes as long to drive as about a 5th of the east coast of Australia, stop complaining about the distance it really isn't that far no matter where it is held.

You also have to remember as traxor is/was trying to plan a global meet there will probably be other members from all over the place so it might be best if it wasn't too out of the way for them too.  If I could find the time and the money to get over there I would, if I did I wouldn't be wanting to go ages out of my way after already spending 24hrs on a plane to get the the other side of the world.

I just hope this doesn't turn into to much of an argument over where it is going to be and you realise that the main thing is meeting up with people, even if it means that you might have to go a bit out of your way.
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by absorbation on 10-05-2006 at 04:57 PM

I'll probably be there as well (Global Festival), I'm off school + it's not far from where I live. It would be a day out with my friends :P

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Spunky on 10-05-2006 at 06:13 PM

Spunky sez: YES! :D

I'd definatley wanna go. Live near the Midlands too funily enough :p Let's all come to my hometown :o That'd be perfect for me ;)

EDIT: As for the time... Halowe'en would be a fantastic day/night :D

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by aNILEator on 10-05-2006 at 06:23 PM

Just thinking maybe we could do a whole festival tour :P

Download, Reading/Leeds, Glasto, V etc

I'll be going Download, and Reading and V are on the cards as always

BUT i may also be going to Roskilde depending on band lineup and bank load at the time, so there are some more propositions

oh spunky check my other thread for halloween meet http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=66998

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by MrSwiskey on 10-05-2006 at 06:25 PM

Hey, i am good friends with the Boston (or luke fish as some of you may say (yes, he told me all about that strange thing going on)) And he told me he lives somewhere near the midlands...
Time to change your mind? or maybe you could find and kill him..

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by ayjay on 10-05-2006 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

BUT i may also be going to Roskilde depending on band lineup and bank load at the time, so there are some more propositions

oh spunky check my other thread for halloween meet http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=66998

Sounds cool. I'll just go harvest my money tree.

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by vaccination on 10-05-2006 at 06:50 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

Sounds cool. I'll just go harvest my money tree.

:lol:
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Max on 10-05-2006 at 07:14 PM

I suggest two meetings, one in the Midlands and one in London.

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Joa on 10-05-2006 at 07:14 PM

quote:
July/August time
if it happened in july or august, it would be kinda cool cuz i might be coming to england this summer :P
if i go during the time of the meet, i'll prolly show up at it :banana:
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Max on 10-05-2006 at 07:16 PM

But you're suppose to be coming to see me, Joatty. :(

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Stigmata on 10-05-2006 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Max
But you're suppose to be coming to see me, Joatty. :(

Shes coming to fight me.

Grrrr

*angry face*
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by FrozenDaggers on 10-05-2006 at 08:34 PM

I agree to July/August. And that it should be in the midlands. Brum ftw. OR if you'd prefer somewhere less busy I suggest Wolverhampton. Mwhahaha.

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Voldemort on 10-05-2006 at 09:09 PM

ew....

[offtopic]
you guys should come over to mexico :P there are already 3 people coming, one  from the other side of the world!

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Joa on 10-06-2006 at 05:14 AM

if i don't get to go to england this summer, i'll go next summer for sure. we'll see how it all turns out, it would be really awesome if i could go to this meet :(

quote:
Originally posted by Max
But you're suppose to be coming to see me, Joatty.
i'll go to london for sure, that's like the first place i'll visit in england <3

* Joa also looks at gif :cheesy:
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
Shes coming to fight me.

Grrrr

*angry face*
yep (H)
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by John Anderton on 10-06-2006 at 05:16 AM

Joa, we want pics :P
I dont think Joa vs Stigmata will be as popular as JvC but id watch it :cheesy:

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Chrono on 10-06-2006 at 05:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
JvC
it was CvsJ cause the most powerful comes first 8-)
... so that one would be JvsS :P. i want a video of it :cheesy:

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by ayjay on 10-06-2006 at 07:15 AM

I have my plan developed.

Instead of telling my parents "I'm going to London with a bunch of people I met on the internet", I tell them I'm going with my friends for one of their birthdays, getting her to drop me off in the car at my friend's house, who lives about a 10 minute walk from the train station, walking to the train station then catching the train :D :banana:

Except as I was typing this, I realised I'll be able to drive by then. Shit, that's scary :o

RE: RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by Max on 10-06-2006 at 07:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa
quote:
Originally posted by Max
But you're suppose to be coming to see me, Joatty.
i'll go to london for sure, that's like the first place i'll visit in england <3

I'll bring the biscotti, you bring the hugs. :cheesy:
RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by LittleK on 10-06-2006 at 07:45 AM

Make it a weekend so im off work :P

RE: Plus! Meet 2007 - UK by gif83 on 10-06-2006 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa

* Joa also looks at gif (Smilie)

hello

edit: at this moment i can't really think of what's happening next year.. so no idea of whether or not i can make this meet.