Shoutbox

.dll problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: .dll problems (/showthread.php?tid=67011)

.dll problems by ins4ne on 10-05-2006 at 10:25 PM

i installed the vista transformation pack 5 and installed. a few minutes later uninstalled cuz its crap.
now i got vista-ized icons everywhere.
installed TweakUI and corrected some icons but got a few vista ones left. noticed that its because of the mydocs.dll and the explorer.exe.
they were changed during the vista pack installation.
tried everything. even system restore, doesnt work.
would that help if i take my brothers mydocs.dll and explorer.exe??
if that works, could somebody attach the mydocs.dll?
the explorer.exe wil cause problems because of the different languages...
corect me if there is something wrong :)

RE: .dll problems by RaceProUK on 10-06-2006 at 10:24 AM

You should never copy Windows DLLs and EXEs from another computer. Instead, restore them from your Windows CD.

RE: .dll problems by ins4ne on 10-06-2006 at 10:33 AM

ok. thats what i thought too. but i dont have my xp cd cuz my gf got it to install xp. anyways. ill ask her to get it and repair xp then. any loss of data? saved files? anything?

RE: .dll problems by Woraug on 10-06-2006 at 04:27 PM

I've done repair installs and installed different versions of windows over others, and never lost my documents and stuff, but when you do, windows does say you might lose your stuff.  So it's a possibility, but it's never happened to me.

RE: .dll problems by ins4ne on 10-07-2006 at 06:40 PM

ok good to know. today i got my cd back. so ill repair it right now :D thx to everybody for the replies

RE: .dll problems by Supersonicdarky on 10-07-2006 at 07:49 PM

start installing again, then it will say that you alreadt have windows installed and ask you if you want to repair instead. (i think i'm right...)

RE: .dll problems by ins4ne on 10-07-2006 at 07:51 PM

ok ill try. hope that works. thx :)

edit:i googled for it. so i have to reboot, start from cd, choose repair and its done? i read all updates would be deleted?! true?