Shoutbox

Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? (/showthread.php?tid=67079)

Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by prashker on 10-07-2006 at 11:43 PM

I always wondered this,

In some cartoons, there is a person who gets frozen into a block, or  frozen around the person.

Then the ice block tips over, breaking the ice and the person inside it :p

Does this apply in real life?

If I froze myself and tipped over...would I break...or just the ice?

(No I am not thinking of doing this, just wondering)

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by Chrono on 10-07-2006 at 11:46 PM

just imagine the meat on your fridge... :P

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by Steven on 10-07-2006 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSpam
I always wondered this,

In some cartoons, there is a person who gets frozen into a block, or  frozen around the person.

Well techicniclicly (or how ever you spell it) no one has ever tried. But im sure its possible. I will try, brb

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by prashker on 10-07-2006 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steven
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSpam
I always wondered this,

Well techicniclicly (or how ever you spell it) no one has ever tried. But im sure its possible. I will try, brb

rofl 8-)
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
just imagine the meat on your fridge... :P

I can't :p..I am retarded 8-)
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by user27089 on 10-07-2006 at 11:55 PM

Of course it's not possible, as Chrono said "imagine a piece of meat in your freezer!" You cannot smash the meat, but it is frozen.

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by prashker on 10-07-2006 at 11:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Of course it's not possible, as Chrono said "imagine a piece of meat in your freezer!" You cannot smash the meat, but it is frozen.

Oh ok :p

CARTOONS LIE

WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by user27089 on 10-07-2006 at 11:56 PM

because cartoons aren't real.

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by prashker on 10-07-2006 at 11:57 PM

quote:
because cartoons aren't real.

True.
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by vaccination on 10-08-2006 at 12:53 AM

Actually, if you used some liquid nitrogen and froze some one and then smashed them, they would break or not?

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by zach on 10-08-2006 at 03:51 AM

Vaccination is right, if you stepped in liquid nitrogen and hit your leg hard enough, it would shatter.

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by ShawnZ on 10-08-2006 at 03:52 AM

quote:

umm, yeah you can.
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by L. Coyote on 10-08-2006 at 07:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:

umm, yeah you can.
True.

If it's really well frozen, grab a hammer and you'll see. :P

Hamm-burger :p
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by user27089 on 10-08-2006 at 08:52 AM

quote:
quote:

umm, yeah you can.

How many pieces have meat have you smashed?
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by andrewdodd13 on 10-08-2006 at 10:51 AM

It's all besides the point, if you were encased in a block of ice you'd more than likely die anyway.

After a few seconds of being "frozen" the water in your cells would freeze, expand, and cause your cells to burst. (Think of milk in the cold in a glass milk-bottle.)

Since we are mainly water... once this has happened it is possible that you would shatter because you'd be mainly composed of ice anyway.

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by MC Inferno on 10-08-2006 at 10:58 AM

If u was degrees of under 100, parts of ya body would start snapping off and shit

btw.... :google:

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by vaccination on 10-08-2006 at 11:03 AM

Yeah okay you're likely to be dead if you froze yourself either with or without liquid nitrogen but if you then fell over or someone hit you you would break.

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by M73A on 10-08-2006 at 11:24 AM

the chicken in my freezer breaks if you hit it... had to wack it with a rolling pin to get it out of the packet... smashed in half

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by MC Inferno on 10-08-2006 at 11:45 AM

you know Brainiac is gonna do this eventally....

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by vaccination on 10-08-2006 at 12:02 PM

What freeze themselves with liquid nitrogen. That'd be the day. :dodgy:

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by user27089 on 10-08-2006 at 12:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Even with liquid nitrogen it would take ~4 days to freeze a body completely.
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by Steven on 10-08-2006 at 12:14 PM

Its not like we all of liquid nitrogen in our fridges right? :dodgy:

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by MC Inferno on 10-08-2006 at 01:56 PM

quote:

There'll be some fool that will do it. Dirty Sanchaz or something...
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by vaccination on 10-08-2006 at 03:03 PM

quote:
quote:

You'd be dead before that, you would die from shock a loooot quicker.
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by prashker on 10-08-2006 at 03:04 PM

I don't care if the person dies, if they shatter is what matters :D

(rofl rhyme :D)

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by SikStyles on 10-08-2006 at 06:36 PM

In cartoons there is no liquid oxygen, just water freezing (in a fridge).
If you freeze yourself like that then it would take many many many decades for you to freeze completely and harden.

If you stick your foot in liquid nitrogen and hit it with something it will still not shatter. You have to keep it there longer, much longer. Every cell in your foot has to be frozen, then it would break but it would require lots of force..

That's how it seems realistic to me..

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by Chrono on 10-08-2006 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
If you freeze yourself like that then it would take many many many decades for you to freeze completely and harden.
that was exactly what i meant :p. They never do that with liquid nitrogen in cartoons :P
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by MC Inferno on 10-09-2006 at 12:37 AM

wow... if they do that with water, imagine Acme Liquid Nitrogen! :D

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by WDZ on 10-09-2006 at 04:38 AM

quote:
What freeze themselves with liquid nitrogen. That'd be the day.
They could just use a pig or something. Throw it in a tub of water inside a big freezer... :zippy:
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by Panachiba on 10-09-2006 at 05:12 AM

like The terminator , when the "liquid" man breaks his legs :P, something like that I think :P.

Sonic...stop..much cartoon network :banana:

RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by ShawnZ on 10-09-2006 at 05:39 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
that was exactly what i meant :p. They never do that with liquid nitrogen in cartoons :P

stewie did it to lois in that one episode of family guy :p
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by Chrono on 10-09-2006 at 05:59 AM

quote:
stewie did it to lois in that one episode of family guy 
... You suck :p.
RE: Do Cartoons "Freezing Ice Break" Thing Apply In Real Life? by user27089 on 10-09-2006 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Panachiba
like The terminator , when the "liquid" man breaks his legs :P, something like that I think :P.

Sonic...stop..much cartoon network :banana:

He's made from molten steel :p.

quote:
quote:
quote:

You'd be dead before that, you would die from shock a loooot quicker.

I didn't dispute that :p.
quote:
quote:
stewie did it to lois in that one episode of family guy 
... You suck :p.

Family Guy is awesome, silly.