Shoutbox

disappearances - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: disappearances (/showthread.php?tid=67107)

disappearances by bea on 10-08-2006 at 01:54 PM

help!!all my emoticons was disappear!!!why!!!!!:@...can i get back them????!!!!!!!???????????????????????????'''':S

RE: disappearances by Sunshine on 10-08-2006 at 01:58 PM

What did you do so they dissapeared? Installed a new Messenger version...uninstalled a previous then installed a new? Wich version of Messenger are you using (in main screen help > about...full number you see there please)?

RE: disappearances by bea on 10-08-2006 at 02:11 PM

i haven't the last version,and i hadn't installed it!!!this is the problem!!

RE: disappearances by LittleK on 10-08-2006 at 02:11 PM

I have this same problem, my smileys dissapear, but nothing has changed on my msn (e.g updating, installing new versions, disconnection..)

It hasnt happened for a while but i'd love to know a solution just in case it happens again (not that i'm that interested in personal smileys, just out of curiosity :P)

RE: disappearances by Sunshine on 10-08-2006 at 02:26 PM

Smileys dissapear when they become corrupt...i myself had it once when i installed smileys from one of them smileypacks (haven't touched those packs since). It's also possible that because of this you can't add new emoticons.

If that (impossible to add new) is happening and you want it to stop it's best to delete C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<IDnr>\CustomEmoticons (yes, now all custom emotes will be gone totally).

To help you determine wich ID number is yours you can use this program: msg6_id.exe

quote:
Originally posted by bea
i haven't the last version,and i hadn't installed it!!!this is the problem!!
I'm sorry but i don't get you...can you tell me wich messenger version you are using?

RE: disappearances by bea on 10-08-2006 at 02:40 PM

messenger 7.5

RE: disappearances by Sunshine on 10-08-2006 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bea
messenger 7.5
Ok, and you were using this when the emotes were still there too? If not, did you uninstall the previous version before installing 7.5?

Can you tell me if there are files in the folder i mentioned in my previous post?