Shoutbox

I think there should be more fluidness to the skin. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: I think there should be more fluidness to the skin. (/showthread.php?tid=67109)

I think there should be more fluidness to the skin. by lizard.boy on 10-08-2006 at 02:59 PM

After writing a post that ended up being a slightly on the long side, I was thinking, Why doesn't the message space on the add post page conform to the width of the window, instead of word wrapping twice as much as it will once you post it? If its possible, I'd like to suggest that a self scaling text box be implemented.

Edit: Better Felu? :chrongue:

RE: I think there should me more fluidness to the skin. by absorbation on 10-08-2006 at 03:00 PM

I was thinking this a minute ago :O

MyBB is really annoying when it comes to writing long posts, you lose track and can't read over your work.

RE: I think there should me more fluidness to the skin. by Felu on 10-08-2006 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
I think there should me more fluidness to the skin.
[Image: orly.gif]
quote:
After writing a post that ended up being a slightly on the long side, I was thinking, Why doesn't the message space on the add post page conform to the width of the window, instead of word wrapping twice as much as it will once you post it? If its possible, I'd like to suggest that a self scaling text box be implemented.
I'd too like that.

quote:
Edit: Better Felu? :tongue:
quote:
Yep :P

RE: I think there should be more fluidness to the skin. by rav0 on 10-10-2006 at 08:39 AM

I like the narrower textbox. If it were wide, then I think that it would make it hard to follow. Going from one line to the next is much easier when the lines are shorter and the end of one is closer to the begining of the next. It matters more when it's a textbox than in the actual post because the textbox is being edited. When you are editing not at the end of the entire text, but somewhere in the middle, so everything after is moving, the shorter lines make it easier to keep track of everything.

RE: I think there should be more fluidness to the skin. by Lourix on 10-10-2006 at 04:17 PM

Some good ideas, maybe Chris should read this.