Shoutbox

[Request] Change Contact Custom Nickname, via Screen Name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Request] Change Contact Custom Nickname, via Screen Name (/showthread.php?tid=67168)

[Request] Change Contact Custom Nickname, via Screen Name by Lukeyy19 on 10-10-2006 at 11:01 AM

ok i have a friend who as an msn account, but she shares it with her brother...

and i like to have Custom Nicknames on my cantacts, but i cant with her as that means i wont know when its her and when its her brother

so is it possible to create a script so that when the screen name has the word "paddy" in it, then the Nickname is set to "Paddy", but when her screen name has the word "carmen" in it, her Nickname is set to "Carmen"

this will need to be for a specific contacts email address which i dont want to post here, so if this script is made, leave the code with "[[EMAIL]]" or something in it, so i can put it in myself.

i dont know if this is easy or not possible?

Thanks

RE: [Request] Change Contact Custom Nickname, via Screen Name by Matti on 10-10-2006 at 02:15 PM

At this moment, it's not possible to change the quick name you've set for a contact.
However, if Patchou re-inplements the Custom Names feature (which has been left out because WLM already had a quick name feature but isn't so extended as Plus!' one), I guess he'll probably add a property for the Contact object to get/set his/her custom name.

I'm just speculating, it depends if Patchou will add this or not. *-)

RE: [Request] Change Contact Custom Nickname, via Screen Name by Lukeyy19 on 10-10-2006 at 02:33 PM

oh ok then, thats cool

RE: [Request] Change Contact Custom Nickname, via Screen Name by Chris4 on 10-10-2006 at 03:56 PM

Read this thread about the Custom Name feature and other missing features.

Everyone wants the feature to come back, but it's up to Patchou :P