Shoutbox

Problem With Old Script - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Problem With Old Script (/showthread.php?tid=67213)

Problem With Old Script by Lukeyy19 on 10-11-2006 at 06:58 PM

i have the Make_A_Joke Script by huhu i think, and i sent it to my friend and tricked him, but now i have dissabled it, and removed it, but if he sends [open] my CD drive stiill opens, how do i kill the script?

RE: Problem With Old Script by Jimbo on 10-11-2006 at 07:04 PM

How about trying to delete it in programfiles>>messenger plus live>>>Scripts>>> then delete folder named make a joke

RE: Problem With Old Script by Lukeyy19 on 10-11-2006 at 07:29 PM

there isnt a folder like that, it must have gone when i removed the script

RE: Problem With Old Script by Panachiba on 10-11-2006 at 08:13 PM

so, the script is gone :S.

Maybe is other problem, but you can install again the script and delete it again.

RE: Problem With Old Script by MrSwiskey on 10-11-2006 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukeyy19
i have the Make_A_Joke Script by huhu i think,

can u send me the link to download it?
RE: Problem With Old Script by Panachiba on 10-11-2006 at 08:55 PM

if the script tester (all te script are testers first) is not tester, maybe that have a trojan or something like that ( i dont know much of that)

Maybe you need to run an antivirus and antispyware.

RE: Problem With Old Script by NanaFreak on 10-11-2006 at 08:56 PM

dont send a link this is a very ban script, i did posts it once and WDZ removed it.

but your problem might be that another script has the [open] in it so you are going to have to look througn all of them and look for it.

i hope this helps

RE: Problem With Old Script by Spunky on 10-11-2006 at 09:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NanaFreak
but your problem might be that another script has the [open] in it so you are going to have to look througn all of them and look for it.

I would say that hit the nail on the head tbh. Somebody might have been able to use the code and embed it into another script. I think if you do find any script with this code, you should tell us so action can be taken... :p
RE: Problem With Old Script by Lukeyy19 on 10-11-2006 at 09:22 PM

fixed, it wont do it now, i dissabled huhu's calculator and clone scripts and its fine..?

didnt check them though, i just assumed they may be the likey culprits, i did do a spyware scan too but i dunno if that had anything to do with it, all it found was Tracking cookies so i doubt it, well fixed now

RE: Problem With Old Script by Spunky on 10-11-2006 at 09:23 PM

*searches through source code..*

Those 2 scripts had nothing to do with your problem from what I can tell :p

RE: Problem With Old Script by Huhu_Manix on 10-12-2006 at 04:01 PM

Huhu calculator ( the calculator of Felipe is better ) and Huhu clone don't have the trojan, but where did you get them ? If a friend send them to you, they could have the trojan... :s

EDIT : 100 posts :o) ^^

RE: Problem With Old Script by Lukeyy19 on 10-12-2006 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
*searches through source code..*

Those 2 scripts had nothing to do with your problem from what I can tell :p
well it isnt doing it anymore, and also i had a problem that my WLM kept closing as there was a problem, which has stopped, so i say it was them things

quote:
Originally posted by Huhu_Manix
Huhu calculator ( the calculator of Felipe is better ) and Huhu clone don't have the trojan, but where did you get them ? If a friend send them to you, they could have the trojan... :s

erm i got them off the Scripts Database and here i think., wasnt sent them, and it wasnt a trojan, it just all messed up.
RE: Problem With Old Script by Spunky on 10-12-2006 at 09:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lukeyy19
well it isnt doing it anymore, and also i had a problem that my WLM kept closing as there was a problem, which has stopped, so i say it was them things

Say what you will, but those scripts had nothing to with it. There is no code in those scripts that even references to WMP, which is a requirment of the code Huhu_Manix uses. It may just be that the old script you had installed wasn't actually removed fully. I have heard of errors when trying to remove scripts that are currently using an external library.