Shoutbox

i HATE microsoft's networking V2 - Access Denied on Shared Folders - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: i HATE microsoft's networking V2 - Access Denied on Shared Folders (/showthread.php?tid=67238)

i HATE microsoft's networking V2 - Access Denied on Shared Folders by M73A on 10-12-2006 at 03:12 PM

my networking problem is i have shared folders on pc A. set it so the folders can be viewed and edited fully....

i have got the folders in my network places on computer b but i get 'access is denied' messages when i try to goto the specific folder....

its only the my documents folder for 2 of the users... i can access the main one (first account, before i made user accounts a few years ago)

Thanks

RE: i HATE microsoft's networking V2 by -dt- on 10-12-2006 at 03:17 PM

how about using descriptive titles? eg "shared folders not working" :(

RE: i HATE microsoft's networking V2 by M73A on 10-12-2006 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
how about using descriptive titles? eg "shared folders not working" :(
edited:P, help please :-)
RE: i HATE microsoft's networking V2 - Access Denied on Shared Folders by Adeptus on 10-12-2006 at 04:29 PM

Do you use XP Home or XP Professional?  If XP Professional, are you using "simple file sharing"?

RE: i HATE microsoft's networking V2 - Access Denied on Shared Folders by M73A on 10-12-2006 at 04:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Do you use XP Home or XP Professional?  If XP Professional, are you using "simple file sharing"?

pro on 1 and home on the other.... all my other folders work fine though so i didnt think different versions would be a problem
RE: i HATE microsoft's networking V2 - Access Denied on Shared Folders by zach on 10-13-2006 at 03:44 AM

You can't access those files because you are trying to access a administrator account that only the owner can access.

When you are on the PC you want to access, go in to "My Computer", right click on "Your Documents", Properties, Sharing, and untick "make this folder private".

RE: i HATE microsoft's networking V2 - Access Denied on Shared Folders by M73A on 10-13-2006 at 06:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
You can't access those files because you are trying to access a administrator account that only the owner can access.

When you are on the PC you want to access, go in to "My Computer", right click on "Your Documents", Properties, Sharing, and untick "make this folder private".

all of the accounts have admin rules... and the only one that works is admin *-) ill try setting it from the actual account, instead of one account though...