Shoutbox

What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? (/showthread.php?tid=67248)

What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by prashker on 10-12-2006 at 11:13 PM

In 8.1.68

I absolutely HATE the bug when you finish listening to music and your PSM shows what you are listening too does not display the song anymore. But your contacts still see it. But not you.

I just hate it because I probably have gotten more than 20 people asking "you are listening to music while you are sleeping/away/etc" :(

What bug or bug Do you hate the most?

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Nagamasa on 10-12-2006 at 11:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam

I absolutely HATE the bug when you finish listening to music and your PSM shows what you are listening too does not display the song anymore. But your contacts still see it. But not you.

I just hate it because I probably have gotten more than 20 people asking "you are listening to music while you are sleeping/away/etc" :(

I've seen that more than googolplex times from you, but never bothered asking.

My most annoying bug is when WLM all of a sudden says, Messenger has an encountered an error and needs to be closed (or somethin like that) with the Send Error Report thing.

I get it more than once weekly, and its not really driving me nuts, but is really annoying.
RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Chestah on 10-12-2006 at 11:21 PM

The fact that it crashes every x seconds and doesn't seem to have any features worth using that aren't included in WLM 8.0.

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Chris4 on 10-12-2006 at 11:22 PM

I get the 'Messenger has acountered an error and needs to be closed' sometimes when I start Messenger, even though Messenger is fine and hasn't crashed or anything. Quite annoying.

Also, in 8.1 I can't add emoticons, which is the main reason I downgraded to 8.0 :P

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by ~INVASION~ on 10-12-2006 at 11:24 PM

handwriting everywhere your not suppose to, on the display pics, emoticon/backgrounds bar, and m$ hasnt fixed it yet :P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=741645]

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Hank on 10-12-2006 at 11:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
handwriting everywhere your not suppose to, on the display pics, emoticon/backgrounds bar, and m$ hasnt fixed it ye
been that long since we had another beta build . makes ya wonder if we'll get another before Vista goes to RTM , , but that Bug you mention i cant say iv'e seen it mentioned elsewhere
RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Menthix on 10-12-2006 at 11:37 PM

random crashing.

random moments, random times, even when i'm doing nothing... it just crashes way too much :p.

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Hank on 10-12-2006 at 11:42 PM

mines never crashed :P. i dont use Vista an nore will i even that aint stable

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by prashker on 10-12-2006 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
mines never crashed :P. i dont use Vista an nore will i even that aint stable

Interesting :p

My 8.1 barely every crashed, mostly because me testing SS4 makes it crash :lol:
RE: RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by zach on 10-13-2006 at 03:32 AM

quote:
handwriting everywhere your not suppose to, on the display pics, emoticon/backgrounds bar, and m$ hasnt fixed it yet :P

I'm using 8.0.0812.00 and I can't do that. Is it a new "bug"? I said "bug" because I would find that useful sometimes ;)
RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Felu on 10-13-2006 at 04:56 AM

quote:
handwriting everywhere your not suppose to, on the display pics, emoticon/backgrounds bar, and m$ hasnt fixed it yet [Image: msn_tongue.gif]

I can't repro that [Image: msn_confused.gif], neither in 8.0.812 or 8.1.068

WLM 8.1 has never crashed for me as far as i remember though 812 due to too many scripts and all crashes often.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Also, in 8.1 I can't add emoticons, which is the main reason I downgraded to 8.0 (Smilie)
Thats because they are newbs. they have changed the way emoticons and stuff is stored and also there location but still they haven't done something to move from there old location and proper saving when you try to add one from the conversation.
quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Yea thats an annoying bug and therefore i keep it disabled [Image: msn_tongue.gif].
RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Woraug on 10-13-2006 at 04:59 AM

I've never encountered any bugs whatsoever.  I have yet to have WLM crash, I can't do that hardwriting bug.  Though, when I do encounter a bug, it'll probably be something that's never happened before, and no ones ever even heard of...

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Menthix on 10-13-2006 at 08:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
mines never crashed (Smilie). i dont use Vista an nore will i even that aint stable
I don't use Vista either, it's WLM 8.1 that's highly unstable.
RE: RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Hank on 10-13-2006 at 08:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by HSV
mines never crashed (Smilie). i dont use Vista an nore will i even that aint stable
I don't use Vista either, it's WLM 8.1 that's highly unstable.

from what i see Vista an WLM8.1 are both unstable an i do read a lot on the net
RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Kenji on 10-13-2006 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV
from what i see Vista an WLM8.1 are both unstable an i do read a lot on the net
WLM 8.1 sucks. Its unstable as my nan. Vista isnt unstable i never had a problem.

I hate the bug where if i change my name it takes ages to change in my list...
RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by John Anderton on 10-13-2006 at 08:36 AM

Its not really a bug but i hate the fact that wlm is a memory whore :sad:

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Lourix on 10-13-2006 at 08:58 AM

Sometimes if I was talking to lots of people it would freeze that sucked.

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Hank on 10-13-2006 at 09:04 AM

im not convinced Vista is stable enough

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Nagamasa on 10-13-2006 at 11:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Its not really a bug but i hate the fact that wlm is a memory whore :sad:

That is so true. My mom's super old and super slow computer can barely move if the contact list is on.... my computer its better because I got all the new stuff :p. But it still takes quite a bit of memory though.
RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by ~INVASION~ on 10-13-2006 at 12:21 PM

theres a certain process to go through to get handwriting everywhere.
microsoft said they moved my report to resolved so maybe itll be fixed, but i have crashed messenger and created about 50 or more windows saying i had a visual c++ error or something along those lines (screenshot fucked up on me (:@) so i couldnt capture it)

Repro Steps

1. Go to handwriting.
    2. Start drawing with your right click.
    3. While still holding the right click mouse button move the cursor to the test tab button at bottom of convo window.
    4. Click it with the left click button so you're holding both mouse buttons down.
    5. Move your cursor to the text area and begin drawing where you should not be allowed to draw.

Extra bug features.
    Do steps 1-5
    6. Right click draw around then move cursor to resizing corner or resizing bar above buttons. Hold right click and left click while resizing window then let go of left button only! You are now able to draw on many other spots on the window.

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by benjyrama on 10-13-2006 at 10:44 PM

randomly signs out every now and agen

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by jessicalee_04 on 10-15-2006 at 05:47 AM

I HATE THE ONES WERE IS SIGNS MS IN AND OUT IN AND OUT CONSTANTLY IM GETTIN SO FRUSTRATED PLEASE HELP  ; MESSAGE ME !!!!

RE: What Bugs Do You HATE The Most In WLM 8.0/8.1? by Matti on 10-15-2006 at 07:15 AM

I think the most annoying bug is... the random crashing.
You should make this a poll, so we can vote for the crashing! :D

quote:
Repro Steps

1. Go to handwriting.
    2. Start drawing with your right click.
    3. While still holding the right click mouse button move the cursor to the test tab button at bottom of convo window.
    4. Click it with the left click button so you're holding both mouse buttons down.
    5. Move your cursor to the text area and begin drawing where you should not be allowed to draw.
That seems to work, thanks! :)
Or wait, it doesn't work since it's a bug so it makes it to not work well, but err... let's say it the Demsey way:
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike, rephrased on the Dempsey way
that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
:grin:   
quote:
    Extra bug features.
    Do steps 1-5
    6. Right click draw around then move cursor to resizing corner or resizing bar above buttons. Hold right click and left click while resizing window then let go of left button only! You are now able to draw on many other spots on the window.
Doesn't work for me... w/e... 8-) (Using WLM 8.0.0812)