Shoutbox

Wireless mouse and keyboard sets - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets (/showthread.php?tid=67290)

Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by Jimbo on 10-14-2006 at 09:19 AM

Soon, im going to buy a new desktop pc and i want to buy a wireless mouse and keyboard set. Anyone got any suggestions of what one i should buy. I want one for quite cheap. maybe less than £80 sterling

RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by user27089 on 10-14-2006 at 09:28 AM

Get something that's Logitech: http://www.logitech.co.uk/ they have really good keyboards and mice, if you can try and get a mouse that's rechargable, ie one that sits in a dock.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detail...62,CONTENTID=11986
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/detail...62,CONTENTID=10709

They're quite good.

RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by Ezra on 10-14-2006 at 12:48 PM

Yeah, MX3000 it's great, I have it too.

The mouse lasts months with the same batteries :D

MX5000 is good too but it's imho the same as the MX3000 only it has useless features like a little LCD screen and a lot more expensive :p

RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by lizard.boy on 10-14-2006 at 01:13 PM

I (L) logitech mice, because of the tactile feel of the scroll wheel, yet i just like Microsoft keyboards. It's up to you but I haven't had any problems with my wireless logitech. (Y)

RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by kao on 10-14-2006 at 02:53 PM

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Desktop_Combinations.html

RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by Jimbo on 10-14-2006 at 03:46 PM

Thanks everyone, i think i'm gonna go with the MX3000

RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by Voldemort on 10-14-2006 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
I dont see the point in a wireless Keyboard unless you sit like 10m away from you screen
wireless keyboards typically dont have that range...
RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by vaccination on 10-14-2006 at 04:08 PM

Because there's less 'clutter' and you can get up and move away form the computer if you need to and i find it just a lot more practicle.

RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by Weyzza on 10-14-2006 at 04:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
Well that proves my point a bit more. Why have a wireless keyboard at all. Imho wireless sucks
I find my wireless keyboard very convenient.
I usually move my keyboard to the bed, which is right next to my computer, and I can do my homeworks or eat and browse at the same time.
Also, I can use my keyboard from my bed if I want to feel the warmth of my blanket and use the computer.

Less cables, less clutter.

However, I found wireless mouse useless.
I think rechargeable wireless mouse will be a good buy in a long term but pricey (/me thinks he contradicts himself. Hehe.. ).
My Logitech wireless mouse batteries lasted no longer than 4 months. So I bought a cheap wired mouse, and I'm happy with it.
My real point is: if you want to get a wireless mouse, get the rechargeable one. If you think it's expensive, just get the wired one :p
RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by vaccination on 10-14-2006 at 04:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid

However, I found wireless mouse useless.
I think rechargeable wireless mouse will be a good buy in a long term but pricey (/me thinks he contradicts himself. Hehe.. ).
My Logitech wireless mouse batteries lasted no longer than 4 months. So I bought a cheap wired mouse, and I'm happy with it.
My real point is: if you want to get a wireless mouse, get the rechargeable one. If you think it's expensive, just get the wired one :p

With wireless mouses, if they have a dock i find you're usually alright. But i agree, they eat batteries for breakfast.

RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by Adeptus on 10-14-2006 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
My Logitech wireless mouse batteries lasted no longer than 4 months.  ... My real point is: if you want to get a wireless mouse, get the rechargeable one.
A couple things to add here, before I go on about my reasons for not liking wireless mice:  the battery life of Microsoft wireless mice is much better than Logitech's;  you do not need to buy a "rechargeable mouse" -- AA or AAA batteries are readily available in rechargeable flavor, as are universal chargers for them.  Get a charger and enough batteries for all your devices and it will pay off over time.

What I don't like about wireless mice for desktops is that there's often some "mouse lag", which makes them horrible for gaming.  You wouldn't notice it doing anything else.

They do make perfect sense for laptops, which are not typically used for gaming and where the cords are actually inconvenient. 
RE: Wireless mouse and keyboard sets by CookieRevised on 10-14-2006 at 05:53 PM

If you wanna 'compute' from your bed, I'd suggest to buy a keyboard with integrated trackball.

Once you use a trackball (even for gaming) you will curse at using the mouse again ;)