Shoutbox

Email address not verified - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Email address not verified (/showthread.php?tid=67340)

Email address not verified by sh0tgun on 10-15-2006 at 01:13 PM

Hi.

My MSN Nickname says 'email address not verified'. I Cannot change it without verifying the nick. The problem I am having is that my email address DOES NOT EXIST anymore! So i cant get the email required to verify it.

Is there maybe a plugin or something similar to change it?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Email address not verified by Steven on 10-15-2006 at 01:25 PM

When you registered/made your email, did you make it for example
"Shotgun@gmail.com" or was it "something@hotmail.com" or "something@msn.com"

RE: Email address not verified by sh0tgun on 10-15-2006 at 01:37 PM

it was used with a domain called xmz-net.com, but the domain name doesnt exist anymore and neither does the email address

and thats why im asking if there is a plug or something similar that can change it
RE: Email address not verified by Felu on 10-15-2006 at 02:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sh0tgun
and thats why im asking if there is a plug or something similar that can change it
No sorry you can't do that, it would be something illegal to use an email on a domain which doesn't even exists. Why not make a new email that exists so that you can even receive and send mail [Image: msn_wink.gif].

Also, don't double post [Image: msn_wink.gif]
RE: Email address not verified by sh0tgun on 10-15-2006 at 05:28 PM

because i prefer not to receive spam from over 600 contacts and about 400 deleted ones

RE: Email address not verified by Menthix on 10-15-2006 at 05:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sh0tgun
i prefer not to receive spam from over 600 contacts
Nobody will ever force you to check the emails on the emailaddress you use for Messenger :).

You could even create a nice emailaddress somewhere with an autoresponder that responds something like "I do not read emails on this address, please talk to me on Messenger".
RE: Email address not verified by ChromeX on 11-04-2006 at 11:34 PM

Actually, some of my contacts have unverified email address. They are using MSN Messenger, but 1 is using gmail.com and the other yahoo.com. How can they make the address verified?

RE: Email address not verified by ins4ne on 11-04-2006 at 11:49 PM

you must have a .net passport.

quote:
Originally posted by Passport Network page
Use the Passport Network to sign in to MSN Messenger, MSN Hotmail, MSN Music, and other sites and services! The Passport Network works with Windows Live ID.

Use an e-mail address you already have

You can use any existing e-mail address from any e-mail provider when you create your credentials for the Passport Network. Then you can use those credentials to sign in to any site on the Passport Network.

please correct me if im wrong
RE: Email address not verified by ChromeX on 11-05-2006 at 12:41 AM

I have some friends with gmail account using MSN Messenger and it doesn't say unverified. But one from all other contacts says it

RE: Email address not verified by Voldemort on 11-05-2006 at 01:50 AM

Insane is right, do as he says :P

RE: Email address not verified by nimd4 on 03-09-2007 at 04:25 PM

quote:
This error happens when the email address in your .net passport has not been confirmed to belong to you. Maybe you ignored the email they send out with a link to verify your email address? This is, unfortunately, not easy to fix (there appears to be no easy way to get that email resent), but there is a way to sort it out:

The basic strategy we will follow is based on the observation that if we change the .NET Passport's primary email address, we get resent the confirmation email. So, if you change the primary email address to something else, then change it back, you will be given the opportunity to verify your email address again.

There's a caveat, however. Doing this may mess up MSN contacts in your contact list (though I didn't have any trouble), so make a backup copy of your contactlist.xml file first.

Then go to www.passport.net and log in with the passport you use for MSN Messenger.
code:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about72155.html

RE: Email address not verified by CookieRevised on 03-10-2007 at 12:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by nimd4
quote:
This is, unfortunately, not easy to fix (there appears to be no easy way to get that email resent)

Simply log in to the .NET passport (now called Windows Live ID) and request to resent the email... that's all you need to do.

RE: Email address not verified by nimd4 on 03-10-2007 at 03:53 PM

Ok cool. I was just searching for it and posted the answer found somewhere else (thinking it could help), without actually trying it out :( So, thanks :)

RE: RE: Email address not verified by Volum on 10-06-2008 at 02:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:
This is, unfortunately, not easy to fix (there appears to be no easy way to get that email resent)

Simply log in to the .NET passport (now called Windows Live ID) and request to resent the email... that's all you need to do.

Where can i do the request? Can't find it
//i found it, but have another problem. devil.com doesn't exist anymore :( how to i verify it ?
RE: Email address not verified by Vesves on 03-18-2009 at 04:45 PM

If you have already verified your email address. Log into Live Messenger and click the drop down menu by your email address. Click on "Change Display Name"

remove (EMAIL ADDRESS NOT VERIFIED) from behind your email or change your entire email address to a different display name.

RE: RE: RE: Email address not verified by Vilkku on 03-18-2009 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volum
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
quote:

Where can i do the request? Can't find it
//i found it, but have another problem. devil.com doesn't exist anymore :( how to i verify it ?
If you have an e-mail address which does not exist any more, then you can't verify the address (the whole point of verifying it is to see that it a) exists b) being used by you).