Shoutbox

Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) (/showthread.php?tid=67378)

Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) by Pyroteq on 10-16-2006 at 11:10 AM

Well i've recently installed iTunes 7,
I have a creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 soundcard (With latest drivers), and Logitech 6.1 speakers.
After installing itunes 7, only 3 (The front 3) will play, the other 3 will not play sound, however through other media players (Winamp, WMP, foobar) it will play correctly.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated, thankyou.

RE: RE: Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) by alexp2_ad on 10-16-2006 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
Is iTunes muted? Check Control > Mute. Even check iTunes volume-Controls>Volume Up or Ctrl+Up.

3 of his speakers won't play, not all of them.
RE: Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) by Pyroteq on 10-17-2006 at 08:13 AM

No one can think of anything..?

A few others in the Apple support forums have been having the same problem, but no solution so far!

RE: Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) by rav0 on 10-18-2006 at 11:10 AM

If you're playing stereo two channel sound, then using all the speakers isn't the "correct" way. Your other media player software upmixes the audio to use all six (or seven, depending on your speakers) channels.

Maybe iTunes can't do this (because it's shit), or just wont (option not set, payment needed).

RE: Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) by Pyroteq on 10-19-2006 at 07:41 AM

Well i set my speakers in my creative EAX console to act as a stereo speaker, so the signal is played over every speaker insted of in surround sound, so it shouldn't be a problem...
Itunes v6 did it fine, its only scince iv'e upgraded to Itunes v7..

Maybe your right and itunes is just shit, unfortunatly i have an ipod and it's easier to manage if i use Itunes.

RE: Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) by aNILEator on 10-19-2006 at 10:28 AM

Check that the volume of all speakers is turned up in the volume sound manager thing that is in windows, i sometimes notice that it will mute the side and rear speakers. basically open the sound manger via control pannel and then enable each speaker set and drag the slider to full

RE: Itunes wont play through all speakers (Itunes 7) by Pyroteq on 10-25-2006 at 08:32 AM

No all the volume levels are correct, sound and music play correctly through every media player and game besides Itunes.