Shoutbox

Offline Message appears on sign in repeatedly - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Offline Message appears on sign in repeatedly (/showthread.php?tid=67388)

Offline Message appears on sign in repeatedly by M73A on 10-16-2006 at 06:30 PM

i sent my uncle a message whilst he was offline, now when he signs in he gets the message.... each and every time...

is there anything i can do to 'fix it'

why is it doing this?

thanks

RE: Offline Message appears on sign in repeatedly by Felu on 10-16-2006 at 06:37 PM

Server Errors/Problems most probably. You can't do anything about it other than excepting it to be fixed soon. Even i've experienced this many time in the past 2 days.

RE: Offline Message appears on sign in repeatedly by CookieRevised on 10-16-2006 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
Even i've experienced this many time in the past 2 days.
same here...

quote:
Originally posted by Puniksem
I removed the tick from offline instant message settings. I signed out and then in again, after which the error didn't appear again. (so far)
That's pure coincidence.

quote:
Server Errors/Problems most probably. You can't do anything about it other than excepting it to be fixed soon.
indeed.

Although, M73A (and anyone else with problems with Messenger), you can report it as a bug to the Messenger team. The more people do this, the sooner it will get fixed (probably :p):

By using Windows Live Messenger itself: Help > Send Feedback
and you'll come to an online feedback form in the category "Feedback // Windows Live Messenger". Here you can make your request.

Or, when you're on that same online page, go to the category "Help Central // Windows Live Messenger" for a more detailed form to fill in.

Or you can use the URL http://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlmessenger to come to that same detailed form. Once there, you select the suboptions:
> I can sign in, but I need something fixed
   > Instant Messages
      > Offline Instant Messages

(note: this is for Windows Live Messenger, not for MSN Messenger 7.x. For MSN Messenger 7.x go to http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=messenger)

RE: Offline Message appears on sign in repeatedly by ryxdp on 12-16-2006 at 03:31 AM

Get him to reply to the offline message (in the same window where it comes up) WHILST!!!! you are online.

Worked for me:D

RE: Offline Message appears on sign in repeatedly by L. Coyote on 12-16-2006 at 04:38 AM

The same is happening with contact requests (when people add you).

quote:
CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem

That fixed it for me [Image: msn_tongue.gif].
(Y) Thanks a lot, Felu! I think it worked. :P
RE: Offline Message appears on sign in repeatedly by Felu on 12-16-2006 at 04:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by L. Coyote
The same is happening with contact requests (when people add you).
CookieRevised's reply to Contacts problem

That fixed it for me [Image: msn_tongue.gif].