Shoutbox

MSN not signing in - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN not signing in (/showthread.php?tid=67405)

MSN not signing in by DJeX on 10-17-2006 at 01:38 AM

Anyone else haveing this problem. MSN won't sign in. It just started for me and I didn't do any windows updates.

Im useing Windows Live Messenger
and the newest MsgPlus!

Ok heres the error (just came up now)
"Signing into Windows Live Messenger has failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later

Error Code: 8004882c"

RE: MSN not signing in by MOTOS on 10-17-2006 at 06:54 AM

i also get this error, or it just gets stuck at signing in forever

RE: MSN not signing in by ins4ne on 10-17-2006 at 07:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MOTOS
it just gets stuck at signing in forever
same problem here. day 2 now :(
RE: MSN not signing in by ~INVASION~ on 10-17-2006 at 10:12 AM

i think it has something to do with onecare firewall, ore a firewall setting. turned off one care and i was able to sign in

RE: MSN not signing in by foaly on 10-17-2006 at 11:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
i think it has something to do with onecare firewall, ore a firewall setting. turned off one care and i was able to sign in
I searched for updates in OneCare and after that tried logging in again... that seem to work... maybe coïncidence though...
RE: MSN not signing in by Victoria on 10-17-2006 at 11:11 AM

It seems that there is a problem with the .NET Messenger Service, which is causing the log in problems for a lot of people today. Some of these problems included not being able to log in, not seeing contacts online, not being able to add or delete contacts, messages not being sent, error code: 8004882c etc...
http://status.messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx

My WLM has only just returned to normal after having had these problems all day, so if you wait, everything should return to normal soon enough... :)

RE: MSN not signing in by DJeX on 10-17-2006 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
It seems that there is a problem with the .NET Messenger Service, which is causing the log in problems for a lot of people today. Some of these problems included not being able to log in, not seeing contacts online, not being able to add or delete contacts, messages not being sent, error code: 8004882c etc...
http://status.messenger.msn.com/Status.aspx

My WLM has only just returned to normal after having had these problems all day, so if you wait, everything should return to normal soon enough... :)

Yep it works today. Thanks for the info.

RE: MSN not signing in by Devinci Rider on 10-17-2006 at 09:53 PM

I've been having the same troubles, hopefully get's fixed soon. I need to talk to people on my list that I don't have their phone numbers.

RE: MSN not signing in by matty on 10-17-2006 at 10:04 PM

I am getting 81000306

Tried everything that has been posted on this board still no results. I can't sign into Web Messenger, I can use WLM with my school account but not my main account.